PDA

View Full Version : Offense struggles...no surprise...but...

Nighthawk
09-18-2005, 02:05 PM
This seems like a trend for our D against quality teams. They look awfully average against good teams.

TheBrownBear
09-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I agree. This is a good defense, but it is not a truly great one. We have the players so I've got to pin the lack of success on JG.

Crisis
09-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Horrible tackling today.

Nighthawk
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow...they are not as good as advertised...an embarrasment against a rookie RB.

Novacane
09-18-2005, 02:29 PM
They are definately not a great Defense.

sba
09-18-2005, 02:29 PM
To be fair, they've been on the field the entire game.

BucGuy
09-18-2005, 02:30 PM
This seems like a trend for our D against quality teams. They look awfully average against good teams.
Most of you guys were saying the Bucs were not a good team. At least not offensively.

Novacane
09-18-2005, 02:32 PM

that is a cop out.

sba
09-18-2005, 02:35 PM
that is a cop out.
You play 35 minutes in 100 degree heat and see how much of a cop out it is. When was the last time you saw Sam Adams out there?

SeatownBillsFan21
09-18-2005, 02:36 PM
this is so bad make it stop

SeatownBillsFan21
09-18-2005, 02:37 PM
36.9 QBR losman needs a lot of work

Dicknoze69
09-18-2005, 03:23 PM
The tackling was abysmal, but there's no denying that the time of possession and heat killed our defense down the stretch. Our absolute lack of Offense was a big factor in that.

Michael82
09-18-2005, 04:04 PM
thats because they couldnt get off the ****ing field. They let Cadillac keep running on them. They should STFU about being the best defense in the league. Even when the Ravens offense sucked, the defense could still force turnovers and get off the field. This defense didnt today!

Nighthawk
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
thats because they couldnt get off the ****ing field. They let Cadillac keep running on them. They should STFU about being the best defense in the league. Even when the Ravens offense sucked, the defense could still force turnovers and get off the field. This defense didnt today!

Exactly, Mikey! Don't give me this crap about how great they are because they're not. Over and over when this team needs a big stop the defense doesn't get it done. Now I know the offense struggled, but I put a lot of that on the coaching staff. It is very obvious that Losman excels in a hurry up, shotgun style offense...can anybody tell me why we wouldn't put him in a position to be successful? Everytime that they went to that offensive scheme, the Bills moved the ball effectively. It doesn't take a genious to see that he is very comfortable in that style of offense, why aren't these coaches letting him work from that more often? I don't get it...

Stewie
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Our defense held them to one touchdown for most of the game.

The defense did it's job.

TedSalami
09-18-2005, 07:59 PM
The tackling was horrible.
The heat was terrible.
Its still only September - it was probably like a sauna out there.
Ron Edwards needs some help.

TigerJ
09-18-2005, 11:31 PM
To be fair, they've been on the field the entire game.That's my take. They got worse as the game went on. I think they just wore down in the heat and humidity, and the lopsided TOP. I don't think they're far from being the equal of Tampa's defense, but Tampa's offence is better. JP's got a ways to go before the Bills offence can move the ball against an elite defense. Atlanta's got a good defense too, but hopefully not quite as dominating as Tampa's.

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2005, 11:39 PM
eh, it looks like everytime a team has a great defense they are expected to take them all year..... last year the jets d was a main reason we made the playoffs...... for you guys it was the reason why you had a snowball's chance in hell of making it.

and this year its why the afc east is a combined 0-4 on road games, but at least at home they have a combined 4-0

back to the lovely confines of home for the bills as next week they will need it.

remember the players not only need decent temperatures, but their fans.... without them.... u seen what happened today. much like to the jets last week in our whoopin' by the chiefs.

be prepared for an exciting season, even if we end up being an "overrated division"