• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Why?

In the world does Mularkey pull Losman and not let him finish the game? It's painfully obvious we're on the verge of losing this awful performance, but at least let him finish. Why put in Holcomb? He sends out the wrong message to Losman. Holcomb couldn't do much better. All this does is give the media in buffalo a juicy story for the monday morning papers. Mularkey really f-up on this one.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why?

and if you watched Holcomb, he looked confused too. He looked like....WTF are you doing, Coach?

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
      • May 2003

Man I was so pissed, but for all we know, maybe he told Losman he was going to give him one series off to collect himself. Would you say that the game was hanging in the balance at that point or was it pretty much over?

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
        Man I was so pissed, but for all we know, maybe he told Losman he was going to give him one series off to collect himself. Would you say that the game was hanging in the balance at that point or was it pretty much over?
        My thoughts exactly. Next Drive JP drove the team to the 10.

Give him a series off to collect himself

Comment

• Valerie
          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
          • Jul 2002

didn't see the game, but I have to agree with Kerr. When you pull your starter you're sending him the wrong message. You're showing him that you don't have faith in him and for a rookie in his first starting year, I think it could be detrimental to his confidence level.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
          The only answer I found for all this hurt
          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Valerie
            didn't see the game, but I have to agree with Kerr. When you pull your starter you're sending him the wrong message. You're showing him that you don't have faith in him and for a rookie in his first starting year, I think it could be detrimental to his confidence level.
            Valerie, i'm upset. Show me your assets again to help me feel better.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
              if he was going to do that, he waited too long. That decision to bench him was after Losman had a pretty good drive. I feel that it was the case of like Mularkey was talking about before...he'll pull Losman out of the game and replace him to Holcomb to create a spark.

Comment

Working...
              X