PDA

View Full Version : We should be VERY concerned about this Offense...

Bill Brasky
09-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Particularly the line. I know I've been *****ing about it for some time now, but I think finally some of you can start to fully realize how horrible they are. They cannot protect anything. They can't push a pile. They let guys run right past them into the backfield. They open no holes for any of our guys to run through/escape pressure

2 games into the season, and the only TD the Bills have scored was a flat pass to an eligible backup Lineman.

0 Tds for McGahee, and we have had the ball in the redzone on several occasions.

0 Tds and very few catches for Evans/Moulds.

You could tell today that Losman was rattled. He had no time to throw, and when he made throws they were off - a sign of a QB who is trying to make something out of nothing knowing he's gonna get creamed if he doesn't get rid of it quickly.

I hate to say it, but this potentially could be one of the worst offesnes in franchise history if they keep playing like this.

TheBrownBear
09-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Particularly the line. I know I've been *****ing about it for some time now, but I think finally some of you can start to fully realize how horrible they are. They cannot protect anything. They can't push a pile. They let guys run right past them into the backfield. They open no holes for any of our guys to run through/escape pressure

2 games into the season, and the only TD the Bills have scored was a flat pass to an eligible backup Lineman.

0 Tds for McGahee, and we have had the ball in the redzone on several occasions.

0 Tds and very few catches for Evans/Moulds.

You could tell today that Losman was rattled. He had no time to throw, and when he made throws they were off - a sign of a QB who is trying to make something out of nothing knowing he's gonna get creamed if he doesn't get rid of it quickly.

I hate to say it, but this potentially could be one of the worst offesnes in franchise history if they keep playing like this.
To be fair, the O-Line did a good job of protecting Losman and opening holes for McGahee last week. Don't forget that McGahee averaged over 5/ypc and Losman was only sacked once last week. They faced one of the best defenses in the league on the road, and this is what happens sometimes. I think the offense will struggle this year, but they will eventually get it going better than they were today.

Drive 4 Five
09-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I think "one of the worst in franchise history" is maybe getting a little crazy, but I agree that we definitely have some problems. You know who else I am disappointed with? Willis McGahee. He looks slow and uninspired. I remember him once saying that his goal was to never let ONE guy bring him down, and I just don't see the effort this year from this guy. You know? We can't blame everything on the line.

Bill Brasky
09-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I think "one of the worst in franchise history" is maybe getting a little crazy, but I agree that we definitely have some problems. You know who else I am disappointed with? Willis McGahee. He looks slow and uninspired. I remember him once saying that his goal was to never let ONE guy bring him down, and I just don't see the effort this year from this guy. You know? We can't blame everything on the line.
8 QTRs into the season and none of our "studs" have gotten in the endzone yet. I think that should be cause for concern.

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 03:02 PM
8 QTRs into the season and none of our "studs" have gotten in the endzone yet. I think that should be cause for concern.I didn't watch the game, but on the surface I would have to agree. 34 yds for WM is simply unacceptable, as is 1 catch a piece for Moulds/Evans.

I said from day 1 that the oline would be the downfall of this team, and unless someone can tell me another reason why we have been so lame on O, I'll continue that prediction.

Drive 4 Five
09-18-2005, 03:03 PM
8 QTRs into the season and none of our "studs" have gotten in the endzone yet. I think that should be cause for concern.

I agree bro. I'm just saying that it is still a little too early to be going on with this worst in franchise history stuff.