PDA

View Full Version : Credit where Credit is due

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Tampa's defense was outstanding today.

They constantly sent more guys than we had in to block- blitzing 7, sometimes 8 guys.

Their DB's were in our reciever's jocks all afternoon. They didn't give the Bills any time to develop long routes or QB time to sit in there and pick them apart.

JP got his nose punched in. We knew it was coming, let's see how he reacts.

Kerr
09-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Word. Tampa's D is back to excellence where it was a few years back. They'll have a much better record this year thanks to their D and Cadillac Williams.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 03:22 PM
agreed...they're back to being a big front runner in the NFL, IMO...and :wtf: is up with their corners? It's like they were glued to our WRS

Night Train
09-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Stop making sense.

It's a letdown and the team did play poorly against a fired up,top shelf D. I saw our SB teams do the same thing and bounce back. We still don't know what we have with this team. Concern is understood but the season just started.

Let's see what these guys are made of next week vs. the Falcons. It's early and that's what makes it interesting.

sdbillsfan2
09-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Tampa's defense was outstanding today.

They constantly sent more guys than we had in to block- blitzing 7, sometimes 8 guys.

Their DB's were in our reciever's jocks all afternoon. They didn't give the Bills any time to develop long routes or QB time to sit in there and pick them apart.

JP got his nose punched in. We knew it was coming, let's see how he reacts.
Great post......give that guy a cigar

ArcticWildMan
09-18-2005, 05:10 PM
:bf1: Excellent post Dozer. This hardly the end of the season (as some would believe). The team can let this get them down or they can use it to learn and build on. The next few games will show which way this team goes.

colin
09-18-2005, 05:36 PM
true we just got whooped.

losman needs to run more, roll outs would not really work againts tampa, but QB draws were there all fricken day. he is so so passing and good at running at the moment, we should take advantage of that

finsrclowns
09-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Tampa was good but their D is no better than ours. The difference today was the offenses but it's early yet and not time to panic about anything.

Tatonka
09-18-2005, 07:29 PM
cadillac williams is the real deal.. that didnt help matters either.

he was impressive as hell.

tampabay25690
09-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I agree...

I think the Bucs coaching staff did a terrific job planning this game.....The sad thing is Moulds and Evans were pretty much left 1 on 1 all day and Barber sat in the slot and did whatever he wanted.................

Props to Gandy did an awesome job on SIMEON RICE.......1 sack and that was at the end of the game..............Overall the bills coaching staff didnt have a good plan at all...........

Kerr
09-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Props to Gandy did an awesome job on SIMEON RICE.......1 sack and that was at the end of the game..............Overall the bills coaching staff didnt have a good plan at all...........It really wasn't on Gandy at all. That sack came when rice pulled a stunt all around the line and Gandy was left alone on his side of the line. Gandy owned him in this game. At least that's what I saw.

tampabay25690
09-18-2005, 08:23 PM
It really wasn't on Gandy at all. That sack came when rice pulled a stunt all around the line and Gandy was left alone on his side of the line. Gandy owned him in this game. At least that's what I saw.

Yea Gandy did a great job :bf1:

he was one of the bright spots!!!

Michael82
09-18-2005, 08:24 PM
I agree...

I think the Bucs coaching staff did a terrific job planning this game.....The sad thing is Moulds and Evans were pretty much left 1 on 1 all day and Barber sat in the slot and did whatever he wanted.................

The thing that worries me is that DeAngelo Hall did a great job of covering Terrell Owens one-on-one last week. He kept him out of the end zone and took away the big play. I could just imagine how easy it will be for him to completely shut down Lee Evans or Eric Moulds. :scared:

HHURRICANE
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
This game was no one's fault except the coaches! Crappy gameplan. Tampa knew how to roll out Griese who is half the athlete of Losman. Not one deep ball until it didn't matter anymore. And what the hell was Mularky thinking when he pulled Losman?! That sealed are fate than and there. If they were stuffing McGahee how did they think Losman was going to beat Tampa with the pass?

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
The thing that worries me is that DeAngelo Hall did a great job of covering Terrell Owens one-on-one last week. He kept him out of the end zone and took away the big play. I could just imagine how easy it will be for him to completely shut down Lee Evans or Eric Moulds. :scared:He also gave up over 100 yards.

How did the Seahawks do today?

Atlanta will be a road weary team- Seattle then Buffalo. Not downplaying them in any way- but if Seattle can run up a 21-0 lead, the Falcons aren't some giant boogeyman.

Michael82
09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
He also gave up over 100 yards.

How did the Seahawks do today?

Atlanta will be a road weary team- Seattle then Buffalo. Not downplaying them in any way- but if Seattle can run up a 21-0 lead, the Falcons aren't some giant boogeyman.
I agree. And this Buffalo team is a different team at home. The home crowd makes a big different. :up:

I'm confident that there will be some changes too and I think Losman may have learned some things today too. I hope. :pray:

chernobylwraiths
09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
This game was no one's fault except the coaches! Crappy gameplan. Tampa knew how to roll out Griese who is half the athlete of Losman. Not one deep ball until it didn't matter anymore. And what the hell was Mularky thinking when he pulled Losman?! That sealed are fate than and there. If they were stuffing McGahee how did they think Losman was going to beat Tampa with the pass?

I thought the Bills should have thrown deep a couple more times earlier and run a bit more between the tackles. No big deal, I knew the offense would suck at some point and would struggle against a good defense. I thought OUR defense might have been reading its own press clippings because they looked like the second best defense on the field today by a wide margin.

As for taking JP out when he did, I had no problem with the move at all. I think maybe he did it to provide a spark for the offense. Nothing else seemed to be working so why not? It wasn't like we were doing anything anyway.

jpdex12
09-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Stop making sense.

It's a letdown and the team did play poorly against a fired up,top shelf D. I saw our SB teams do the same thing and bounce back. We still don't know what we have with this team. Concern is understood but the season just started.

Let's see what these guys are made of next week vs. the Falcons. It's early and that's what makes it interesting.
100% agree. The sign of a strong team is how quickly you can pick yourself back up.

clumping platelets
09-19-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm glad I missed the 1st half