PDA

View Full Version : OK, THE thread JP fans and bashers want to see!

X-Era
09-18-2005, 03:26 PM
What exactly did you expect from JP in his 2nd start? In your answer please consider what MOST QB's in their second start look like. Why? because I have only seen 1 Rothlisberger, EVER. Go ahead, both fans and bashers, tee off.

I think its worth us going here, its obvious that we are going to have this same arguement each and every week until JP is Peyton Manning.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I expected better from him today...but he was hardly given any help, either...really kinda hard to be that hard on the kid under those circumstances. We need to improve the blocking first and foremost on offense and see how he progresses

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Last week: Texans.

This week: Bucs.

That sums it up IMO.

sba
09-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Make a throw. Seriously. That's all I want. Stop missing reads, stop over/under throwing everyone. Settle down and play like I know you can, stop trying to do too much.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Olines fault, WR fault, the playing callings fault, the coaches fault, the defense's fault... I've heard all these excuses before.

I got what i expected out of JP. Im not on the "Im in Love with JP" bandwagon. I didn't exspect JP Losman to do anything. Because I believed all along that he won't be a very good QB. He's just another Johnson.

X-Era
09-18-2005, 03:41 PM
That sound reasonable, I just dont understand how you were unhappy with last week then. Thats basically what he did at least in the 1st half.

My problem with your answer is that you didnt answer the other part of my question, do you know of any QB's in there second starts that played how you say JP should? Other than Roth?

X-Era
09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Well unfortunately, your making an arguement about JP probably 3 years too early. Save it till then.

Overall I cant fault your thinking, you think you see someone who is average. I would say that an average QB is all we need to make it to the playoffs, almost worked last year!

X-Era
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
IMO, JP, to date, has shown he can run, has shown he can lead, has shown he can throw. However, he did little of that today.

I am encouraged by 0 int's in 2 games. I am encouraged by 2 sacks in 2 games. I am encouraged by him moving right down the field after Holcomb played a series. I am encouraged by his poise when the D is rushing him. I am happy to see a guy who will yell ans scream to get players going.

I think he threw many bad throws today. I think he held on to the ball when some guys were open.

I do however believe the o-line was porous to say the least. I also believe that McGahee hasnt shown up, and looked like he did last year, YET!

So, I think a great QB could have had a decent day today. I think it would have been very very difficult for a QB in his 2nd start to look good today. Overall, I guess he is NOT this years Rothlisberger. I do think that he IS better than Orton, Boller, Ramsey, Smith, Aaron Rodgers, and Charlie Frye right now..TODAY!