PDA

View Full Version : Coaching grade Z

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Our staff today brought memories of Greg Williams and Gilbride.

No proper adjustments were made on the field. The bills werent ready to play on both sides. Forget the run opening up the pass. Our OL isn't dominating and I don't think Willis will be able to carry the O with an Ol that cannot open up holes facing 4 DL. McNally needs to fix this OL.

JP Losman- Clements, Mularkey and Wyche should stop treating him like a rookie. Let the guy loose. Let him take charge of the O and stop playing conservatively w/ the pass. When JP attempted to run the O, the team did so much better and moved the ball. Cuffing him and hoping that Willis and the OL can take over is wishful thinking. Kelly took command of the bills in his 2nd year. The same should be done with JP. The reason why Brady did so well in his 2nd year is because Bellichick didn't baby the guy and let him play.

D- enough talk about trying to be the best D of all time. They are not that good. Where was Shoebel and Kelsay today? They can pick on the texans but couldn't handle a mistake prone Griese or a rookie like Cadillac?

I'm not upset about this loss. I expected it. This loss brought back our team to earth. We needed this loss in order for our team towake up against Ron Mexico next week.

Oh and yeah, enough of this nice guy crap, Mularkey should grow some balls. Players feed off of their coach. If your coach is too relaxed, so will you players be.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Good post overall...a few comments
Where was Shoebel and Kelsay today? They can pick on the texans but couldn't handle a mistake prone Griese or a rookie like Cadillac? You also have to take into account the fact that their O-line was about as green as could be...3 players only starting their 2nd games at their position...we should've manhandled them
I'm not upset about this loss. I expected it. This loss brought back our team to earth.The only thing that upsets me is the fact that my boss is a Bucs fan and he's the type who'll try to rub it in :ill: Tampa has a strong defense and it was good that we faced them early. We exposed JP to that kind of pressure and he'll learn how to deal with it. Had he not faced something like that til late in the season, he'd be more set in his ways and not be able to adapt as well, IMO.

X-Era
09-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Backing you up here. You are on the road, against a GREAT D, you have a solid 1000+ RB, and you force your QB in his second start to win through the air?

Where the hell was the running game? OK, how about screen plays? Bootlegs? Misdirections? o-line zone blocking? Slant patterns? the TE?

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Backing you up here. You are on the road, against a GREAT D, you have a solid 1000+ RB, and you force your QB in his second start to win through the air?

Where the hell was the running game? OK, how about screen plays? Bootlegs? Misdirections? o-line zone blocking? Slant patterns? the TE?Great post :clap:
That play where we had the Safety...I was expecting a screen..would've been a good time to run it
And with all the pressure they were sending at us, I think some more zone blocking would've given JP another split second anyway...maybe long enough for someone to get open

Cntrygal
09-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Our staff today brought memories of Greg Williams and Gilbride.

No proper adjustments were made on the field. The bills werent ready to play on both sides. Forget the run opening up the pass. Our OL isn't dominating and I don't think Willis will be able to carry the O with an Ol that cannot open up holes facing 4 DL. McNally needs to fix this OL.

JP Losman- Clements, Mularkey and Wyche should stop treating him like a rookie. Let the guy loose. Let him take charge of the O and stop playing conservatively w/ the pass. When JP attempted to run the O, the team did so much better and moved the ball. Cuffing him and hoping that Willis and the OL can take over is wishful thinking. Kelly took command of the bills in his 2nd year. The same should be done with JP. The reason why Brady did so well in his 2nd year is because Bellichick didn't baby the guy and let him play.

D- enough talk about trying to be the best D of all time. They are not that good. Where was Shoebel and Kelsay today? They can pick on the texans but couldn't handle a mistake prone Griese or a rookie like Cadillac?

I'm not upset about this loss. I expected it. This loss brought back our team to earth. We needed this loss in order for our team towake up against Ron Mexico next week.

Oh and yeah, enough of this nice guy crap, Mularkey should grow some balls. Players feed off of their coach. If your coach is too relaxed, so will you players be.

:bf1:

colin
09-18-2005, 04:44 PM
we run too many bad plays.

jp is not there yet, not nearly, in pocket passing.

he avoids sacks, but the line gives him time and he gets scared, he needs to relax. when he is in rhythm he plays well.

anyhow, our running game works when it is direct and off tackle, but the draws and garbage, we need to ditch them.

i think a big thing we need to do is designed runs with JP. that is what he does best and against tampa we could have run up the gut with jp about 10 times for good yardage, they dared us too and we didn't.

don't blame the line, they did enough to get JP time and on very few if any penalties.

we can't pass efficiently, and our run D is just not good enough, that is what got us today.

we only win when our D gets turnovers

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 05:03 PM

Where the hell was the running game? OK, how about screen plays? Bootlegs? Misdirections? o-line zone blocking? Slant patterns? the TE? It's understandable that we tried to run the ball because of our 2nd year qb. It ends today!!!!!!!!! Treat him like a baby, he'll act like a baby. The texans expected the bills to run the ball at the start of last weeks game and we came out throwing.

Now that we know our OL isn't dominating, let's run more pass plays to open up the run.

The TE's where not part of the gameplan from what I saw out there. Even when we were in the redzone they weren't there.