PDA

View Full Version : Losman over DREW anyday!

MACKgahee
09-18-2005, 05:28 PM
The buccs played amazing D today and Losman was running around and didn't get comf. i know he should have turned it over a few times but DREW would have thrown 4 ints that game and got sacked 7 times.... McGahee has no heart and he's a big reason why Losman had a lot of trouble i'm yet to see mcgahee run through a tackler like he did last year, also y the f isnt MM throwing any trick plays at these damn D's too keep them honest, no reverses no flea flickers no nothing let evans touch the ball early and often however possible... i blame the lack of high risk high reward plays as much as i blame the offense for todays loss

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 05:33 PM
The Bills offesne can't run a regular play and you want them to try a trick play?

They tried a trick play last week and it was for negative 7 yards if I remember correctly.

And right now I'd take Drew over Losman. Hell I'd take Rob Johnson over Losman right now.

Cntrygal
09-18-2005, 05:38 PM
And right now I'd take Drew over Losman. Hell I'd take Rob Johnson over Losman right now.

I disagree with this. No way would I want to go backwards.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 05:39 PM
You don't know jacks**t about football?

Wasn't talking to you CG. Was talking to the person who left his little bad rep. message to me. lol

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 05:41 PM

backwards as in Drew is not better then Losman or that RJ is not better then JP?

Cntrygal
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
You don't know jacks**t about football?

Wasn't talking to you CG. Was talking to the person who left his little bad rep. message to me. lol

LOL!

backwards as in Drew is not better then Losman or that RJ is not better then JP?

IMO.... both Drew and RJ would be a step back. Well IMO, RJ would be a LEAP back.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah RJ wasn't very good. But either is Losman.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah RJ wasn't very good. But either is Losman.Losman is still learning...most of us don't expect him to play like a Pro Bowler

Cntrygal
09-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm prepared to be as critical of Losman as I was to RJ... after Losman has had at least a fraction of chances that RJ had.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 06:06 PM
In RJs first Bills game didn't he throw 3 TDs passes?

I think By week 8 Holcomb will be the starter.

Novacane
09-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Losman is still learning...most of us don't expect him to play like a Pro Bowler

He's had 2 games for gods sake. Face it Phil......... If he has not learned it all by now he's not going to

Novacane
09-18-2005, 06:09 PM

I sure hope so. He looked awesome today :crazy:

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM

Bledsoe threw 8 in his first two- what's your point?

Uncle Jesse
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Atleast he completed the passes to the WRs...

Uncle Jesse
09-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Losman is still learning...most of us don't expect him to play like a Pro Bowler
No but I expect him to play like a legit NFL starting QB, which he didnt at all..

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
In RJs first Bills game didn't he throw 3 TDs passes?I think By week 8 Holcomb will be the starter.Sure he did...a 16-14 loss
<!--StartFragment -->
Chargers 16- Bills 14

In what was supposed to be the debut stage of #2 overall pick Ryan Leif and the Bill's Rob Johnson, it was the cagey veteran Doug Flutie that stole the spotlight and nearly the win.

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/1998-Flutie-vs-Chargers1.jpgSan Diego K – John Carney kicked a 48-yard field goal for the only scoring in the first half. Leaf hooked up with WR Bryan Still on a 6-yard pass early in the third quarter, the first TD pass for each player. That gave San Diego a 10-0 lead. Still caught six passes for 128 yards, including a 67-yarder to set up his score. Bills QB Rob Johnson was leveled by defensive tackle Norman Hand after throwing an incompletion on the Bills' first play of the second half. After being treated on the field, he walked to the sideline on his own, then into the locker room to have his chin stitched.

Flutie's third pass was intercepted by Dwayne Harper, but he came right back and threw a 43-yard TD pass to Reed, who faked out Harper, to pull the Bills to 10-7 with 8:50 left in the third. One play earlier, Harper was hit with a 23-yard pass interference call while covering Reed. Flutie plunged into the line to gain 3 yards on what appeared to be a busted third-and-1 play from the Chargers 22. Five plays later, he threaded a 5-yard touchdown pass through traffic to Reed, who was hit by a linebacker and a safety before being sandwiched in the end zone by two defensive backs. Reed held on, giving Buffalo a 14-13 lead with 9:05 to play.

Leaf, the second pick in April's draft, completed 16 of 31 passes for 192 yards and one touchdown, but was intercepted twice by safety Henry Jones. Two more pickoffs by the Bills were called back on penalties, including one by Manny Martin when Jones was called for roughing the passer. That gave San Diego a first down at the Buffalo 39, and four plays later, Carney provided the go-ahead points. Carney's 54-yard field goal bounced off the left upright and went through with 4:30 to play. Flutie drove the Bills to the Chargers 21 in the final moments of the game. , only to watch in disappointment as Steve Christie missed. Christie didn't come near the uprights, pushing his 39-yard attempt wide left with three seconds left. Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas sat the game out nursing injuries

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2004/01/01/1998_buffalo_bills_flutie_magic.php

He's had 2 games for gods sake. Face it Phil......... If he has not learned it all by now he's not going to:doh: What was I thinking?

Cntrygal

So THREE years in Jax prior to joining the Bills equates to the Losmans NFL experience?

TacklingDummy

Looked better then JP did and thats all that matters.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 06:15 PM
No but I expect him to play like a legit NFL starting QB, which he didnt at all..There've been games when Kelly, Marino, Young, and Favre, to name a few, have looked like they didn't belong in the league for one thing and maybe it's time to face facts..2 games in...he's still learning

Novacane
09-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Looked better then JP did and thats all that matters.

:lmao: you're right. That 1 yard drive was ****** awesome.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah and JPs 7 drives of 3 and outs was so much better.

Novacane
09-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah and JPs 7 drives of 3 and outs was so much better.

Did I say JP played better? You're the one claiming one QB outplayed the other. :moon:

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Your the one defending him.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Your the one defending him.and you're the one attacking him with ridiculous statements

DynaPaul
09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
If Drew was in there he woulda been sacked about 5 times and probably picked off as well. Losman didn't make any plays but he didn't make any major mistakes either. McGahee didn't come to play, he came to dance around and get us nothing when all we needed was a little consistency!

It's only JP's second game...

Novacane
09-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Your the one defending him.

I'm not defending his play today. I'm defending him as our starter. I don't call a player a failure/bust after 2 games

X-Era
09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Ya know he should have played like this:

21 of 37 for 302, 1 td, 3 ints
21 of 33 for 188, 1 td, 3 ints

Ohh wait that was Peyton Manning in his 2 starts, nevermind.
</pre>

Uncle Jesse
09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
There've been games when Kelly, Marino, Young, and Favre, to name a few, have looked like they didn't belong in the league for one thing and maybe it's time to face facts..2 games in...he's still learning
Please dont ever compare JP Losman to those above in any, way, shape or form.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Please dont ever compare JP Losman to those above in any, way, shape or form.

Ya know he should have played like this:

21 of 37 for 302, 1 td, 3 ints
21 of 33 for 188, 1 td, 3 ints

Ohh wait that was Peyton Manning in his 2 starts, nevermind.
</pre>

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Please dont ever compare JP Losman to those above in any, way, shape or form.Dude...he's still learning...for all any of us know he could turn out to be better than any of them...but I wasn't comparing them...I was making a point..wasn't it simple enough to understand?

Ebenezer
09-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Two games.....for crying out loud.

ShadowHawk7
09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
This game really reminded me of the Baltimore game.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Two games.....for crying out loud.Going by the posts of a few guys here, 2 games in he should already have supplanted Kelly as our best all-time QB

Uncle Jesse
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Well Holcomb is the best QB on the team RIGHT NOW, thats for sure. I want to win, I think we have a better chance, RIGHT NOW with Holcomb than Lossman.

The_Philster
09-19-2005, 04:49 AM
:rofl:

Typ0
09-19-2005, 05:45 AM

I wouldn't want to go backwards either...especially when I'd be stepping out of bounce in the back of the end zone. Anyone that says JP didn't make mistakes couldn't be more wrong...that safety was huge and it was 100% his fault for not knowing where the line was. That is a turnover, points, and great field position for the other team folks! And just in general...that is just about the worst performance by a QB I have ever seen yesterday. JP couldn't throw the football into the atlantic ocean if he was standing on the beach.

Typ0
09-19-2005, 05:46 AM
I'm not saying JP sucks and is never going to make it I just want that to be clear. But yesterday was pathetic and only an idiot would defend his performance.

The_Philster
09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't want to go backwards either...especially when I'd be stepping out of bounce in the back of the end zone. Anyone that says JP didn't make mistakes couldn't be more wrong...that safety was huge and it was 100% his fault for not knowing where the line was. That is a turnover, points, and great field position for the other team folks! And just in general...that is just about the worst performance by a QB I have ever seen yesterday. JP couldn't throw the football into the atlantic ocean if he was standing on the beach.Thing is...I've challenged a few people to find anyone saying JP didn't make mistakes and I've yet to see any results on those searches

Iehoshua
09-19-2005, 03:35 PM
He's had 2 games for gods sake. Face it Phil......... If he has not learned it all by now he's not going to
Losman is a pro-bowler already. The Bucs obviously were jumping offsides every play, and only were flagged a few times. Tampa is nothing but a bunch of cheats.

Anyone who disagrees will find themselves in the teeth of the JPD.
http://teamtakeo.com/jpd.gif