PDA

View Full Version : Eric Moulds is losing it....

Michael82
09-18-2005, 05:41 PM
So far, this is the 2nd game in a row that I've watched Eric Moulds struggle to separate from the CBs. He was even single covered many times and wasnt able to get open. The Eric Moulds from a couple years ago would have been able to free himself from the Cornerback and make a play, but over last year and now this year, I think Moulds is starting to slow down. I think Lee Evans is our main receiver and he's getting the double or even triple coverage. Something tells me that if Moulds doesnt pick it up soon, he'll be gone at the end of the season.

Novacane
09-18-2005, 05:44 PM
yeah.......this looks like his last year here

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 05:46 PM
I think he's far from washed up. Great sideline grab.

He's not worth a zillion dollars like he's getting paid- but in the right system (which could be here when Losman gets on track) he's still a very good WR

paladin warrior
09-18-2005, 05:47 PM
So far, this is the 2nd game in a row that I've watched Eric Moulds struggle to separate from the CBs. He was even single covered many times and wasnt able to get open. The Eric Moulds from a couple years ago would have been able to free himself from the Cornerback and make a play, but over last year and now this year, I think Moulds is starting to slow down. I think Lee Evans is our main receiver and he's getting the double or even triple coverage. Something tells me that if Moulds doesnt pick it up soon, he'll be gone at the end of the season. Good... I hope so:jig:

colin
09-18-2005, 05:51 PM
i wonder if detroit is going to lose one of their big WRs for a pick or something, that might fit in our team well

Michael82
09-18-2005, 05:51 PM

He's not worth a zillion dollars like he's getting paid- but in the right system (which could be here when Losman gets on track) he's still a very good WR
He's not washed up. That was a great play at the sideline, but havent u noticed that he can't separate like he used to? He also doesnt have the speed after the catch like he had in his early years. But right now he's getting paid too much for what he does. :ill:

He has to take a big pay cut next year or will probably be gone, IMO.

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 05:54 PM

He's not worth a zillion dollars like he's getting paid- but in the right system (which could be here when Losman gets on track) he's still a very good WRI agree completely. Far from done. If it's anyone who's struggling it's Losman . This bills look like a WCO throwing short passes all the time. Althroughout the preseason Losman either hit , Haddad, Reed or Parrish. He's hardly had any chemistry or the confidence to go to his no.1 and no.2 receivers.

I haven't been impressed w/ offensive playcalling this last 2 games. Even our TE's don't seem to be part of the offence either.

finsrclowns
He's not any different than he was last year. He can't run away from anyone but he's a guy that can make plays even if he's covered. But as I said last year his days as a top ten receiver are over. Stay tuned on Moulds though. He still thinks he's a top receiver and if he doesn't see the ball enough he'll whine like he did last year.

Crisis
He got seperation, Losman was either overthrowing, throwing out of bounds, or at his feet. His first catch was the perfect example of that. Open and a horrible throw.

Michael82
09-18-2005, 05:55 PM
i wonder if detroit is going to lose one of their big WRs for a pick or something, that might fit in our team well
I'd take Roy Williams, Mike Williams or even Charles Rogers (if he can stay healthy). That would be sweet....

Roy Williams, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish :drool:

OR

Charles Rogers, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish :clap:

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 05:58 PM
He's not washed up. That was a great play at the sideline, but havent u noticed that he can't separate like he used to? He also doesnt have the speed after the catch like he had in his early years. But right now he's getting paid too much for what he does. :ill:

He has to take a big pay cut next year or will probably be gone, IMO.
He's also gone up against some top flight CBs in these first two games.

Pride
09-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I told you all of this at the end of last year... he should have been released this year... or traded while his stock was still considered high.

colin
09-18-2005, 06:00 PM
He got seperation, Losman was either overthrowing, throwing out of bounds, or at his feet. His first catch was the perfect example of that. Open and a horrible throw.

this is true,

jp isn't finding the open man nearly enough.

i am going to bang the run the QB drum till it breaks. a little bit of QB running early will do lots of good things

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 06:00 PM
He got seperation, Losman was either overthrowing, throwing out of bounds, or at his feet. His first catch was the perfect example of that. Open and a horrible throw.I observed that too. Losman started hitting his wr's on target when he started gaining confidence. Like I said in another thread, Mularkey has to stop treating JP like a rookie. Let him make plays. The sooner he does it, the sooner he'll start playing like a vet.

Michael82
09-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I told you all of this at the end of last year... he should have been released this year... or traded while his stock was still considered high.
his stock wasnt that high this year. What would we have gotten? a 3rd rounder? :ill:

Michael82
09-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I observed that too. Losman started hitting his wr's on target when he started gaining confidence. Like I said in another thread, Mularkey has to stop treating JP like a rookie. Let him make plays. The sooner he does it, the sooner he'll start playing like a vet.
Agreed. He also did much better in the no-huddle and had a nice command of the team.

Typ0
09-18-2005, 06:12 PM
I observed that too. Losman started hitting his wr's on target when he started gaining confidence. Like I said in another thread, Mularkey has to stop treating JP like a rookie. Let him make plays. The sooner he does it, the sooner he'll start playing like a vet.

you've got to be kidding me! This whole game was about freeing up JP to make plays...and he didn't get it done. I like the fact that he got benched because now he knows he better get it done.

Typ0
09-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Agreed. He also did much better in the no-huddle and had a nice command of the team.

BS...that has been going on for weeks. I could care less about the BS. The time to play is when the ball is snapped and he threw WAY too many bad balls in this game.

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 06:29 PM
you've got to be kidding me! This whole game was about freeing up JP to make plays...and he didn't get it done. I like the fact that he got benched because now he knows he better get it done.he had no help from the running game. Did you expect him to light it up withput one? Our passing game was better than our running game. The more we keep trying to protect Losman from growing by "running the ball" even when it doesn't work, the longer it'll take him to learn and gain confidence in himself and his no. 1 and 2 wr's.

X-Era
09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Completely agree.

How pissed will some fans be if we go WR in the 1st round again? Just might happen.

Although I bet we go CB instead, maybe another Miami alumn, Devin Hester

Valerie
09-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I've been saying this for at least two years now. I really don't think Eric Moulds is all that great. Yes, he makes some awesome catches but he also misses a lot of easy ones. I think he's a very expensive person to have on the team and I don't think he's worth the money.

DynaPaul
09-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Moulds is not a speed WR anymore, that's up to Evans and Parrish now. Moulds is not going to get huge separation from CBs like he used to. He's a muscle WR now, hard to jam at the line, good awareness, blocking, and good at finding the soft spot. He's a vet. You guys gotta see him for the role he plays now.

Typ0
09-18-2005, 07:06 PM
he had no help from the running game. Did you expect him to light it up withput one? Our passing game was better than our running game. The more we keep trying to protect Losman from growing by "running the ball" even when it doesn't work, the longer it'll take him to learn and gain confidence in himself and his no. 1 and 2 wr's.

no way. we didn't run the ball right from the sideline. we should have been pounding it at them from the beginning and instead we insisted that JP was giong to take it at one of the better secondaries in the league. an example is throwing from the 1/2 and getting a safety. that was the worst example. I strongly believe we'll be fine...but this game was a give away and JP blew it.

Typ0
09-18-2005, 07:07 PM
i challenge ANYONE to show me a highlight of one well thrown ball that was dropped.

ShadowHawk7
09-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Exactly. JP simply missed Moulds at least 3 times on different patterns, and the one he caught, was a stellar catch, when it didnt have to be.

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 07:54 PM
no way. we didn't run the ball right from the sideline. we should have been pounding it at them from the beginning and instead we insisted that JP was giong to take it at one of the better secondaries in the league. an example is throwing from the 1/2 and getting a safety. that was the worst example. I strongly believe we'll be fine...but this game was a give away and JP blew it. throwing from the 1/2 was not his fault. He didn't audible it and the OL didn't pick up 2 blitzers. I do agree that JP blew it but it wasn't all on his shoulders (damn I sound like Drewids) .

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 07:57 PM
(damn I sound like Drewids) .actually you sound like you're starting to understand the game ;)

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
i challenge ANYONE to show me a highlight of one well thrown ball that was dropped.

According to the stats. the Bills didnt have any drops.

Inorder to have a drop, the QB actually has to get the recievers the ball.

Michael82
09-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Something tells me that Losman got wayyy too comfortable throwing to Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed and Lee Evans in training camp and needs to get more in sync with Eric Moulds. They never really seemed to click in training camp and even in preseason.

justasportsfan
09-18-2005, 08:04 PM
actually you sound like you're starting to understand the game ;)haha! Coming from a Johnsonite and a Drewid.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 08:06 PM
haha! Coming from a Johnsonite and a Drewid.It's not my fault it took you so long to realize that the QB isn't the only player on the team :D

The Spaz
09-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Without Moulds this year what would our WR corps be....? It certainly wouldn't be better without him.

jpdex12
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I have to say that I expected our Zoners to beat up the o-line a little more. JP did not have a good game at all (way off with the throws) and neither did WM but our line just plain sucked. Too many D-lineman sneaking past Gandy and absolutely no run blocking. WM looked like a puss today. I'm not *****ing at his first poor game, but he needs to help us out and hit the hole strong when there is a hole. I saw him dancing a lot today. Grab the damn ball and bust ass through that hole! Let's see the burst we all hear about.

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 10:29 PM
He's a good guy but I think this is his last year as well. He is the last remaining player on the team to have played with any members of the Super Bowl era. That kinda makes you realize he's getting long in the tooth. He could flourish on another team in a 2nd/3rd receiver role, but I think his days as the #1 are over.

Marvelous
09-19-2005, 01:28 AM
I have a hard time admitting that Moulds has declined. I know he is way overpaid, but Him retiring a Bill is important to me...I hope it happens but not at the current salary..Maybe this offseason we can lock him for 6 years and backload it..

CBA is why we only extended 1 year right?

Mahdi
09-19-2005, 03:03 AM
I dont see how any of the receivers were a problem today....JP didnt have a good game and the running game was not there....add to that predictable play calls and you have our offensive performance. BTW Moulds had the separation but the passes were off.

Night Train
09-19-2005, 06:27 AM
He's been a team guy all the way, redoing his contract a couple of times. But he may have backed himself into a corner with a cap hit approaching 10 mil next year.

Moulds wasn't to blame yesterday. The offensive gameplan was a complete dud.

mybills
09-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Me too, and that was a sweet catch! :up:

Historian
09-19-2005, 07:07 AM
He's been a team guy all the way, redoing his contract a couple of times. But he may have backed himself into a corner with a cap hit approaching 10 mil next year.

Moulds wasn't to blame yesterday. The offensive gameplan was a complete dud.

That's true, but I'm pretty sure this is his last year here. We're deep at WR with a lot of youth and speed.

He'll play somewhere. I just hope it's not the fish. They seem to like sifting through our garbage.

mybills
09-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Moulds is not a speed WR anymore,
He never was. That was up to Peerless. Moulds was always the security receiver, where the QB's passes were almost garanteed to be caught.

justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 07:27 AM
It's not my fault it took you so long to realize that the QB isn't the only player on the team :DI never put the blame on Drew all by himself however, a vet qb should never be part of the reason why you lose almost every game. A qb vet qb should never be a liability or the teams weakness.

it's not my fault you can't tell a crappy qb when you see one. :peace:

LtBillsFan66
09-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Seems we try to rely on him too much. We're better off spreading the ball around. Stretching the field with Lee. Seems yesterday they were trying to force it to Moulds.

Typ0
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
one thing about EM...from what I'm seeing he's drawing double and triple coverage at times...it might mean his numbers are down but who cares...that's other guys that should be open. I count that as a victory for EM.