X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Eric Moulds is losing it....

So far, this is the 2nd game in a row that I've watched Eric Moulds struggle to separate from the CBs. He was even single covered many times and wasnt able to get open. The Eric Moulds from a couple years ago would have been able to free himself from the Cornerback and make a play, but over last year and now this year, I think Moulds is starting to slow down. I think Lee Evans is our main receiver and he's getting the double or even triple coverage. Something tells me that if Moulds doesnt pick it up soon, he'll be gone at the end of the season.
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: Eric Moulds looks done....

yeah.......this looks like his last year here

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I think he's far from washed up. Great sideline grab.

He's not worth a zillion dollars like he's getting paid- but in the right system (which could be here when Losman gets on track) he's still a very good WR

Comment

• paladin warrior
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
        So far, this is the 2nd game in a row that I've watched Eric Moulds struggle to separate from the CBs. He was even single covered many times and wasnt able to get open. The Eric Moulds from a couple years ago would have been able to free himself from the Cornerback and make a play, but over last year and now this year, I think Moulds is starting to slow down. I think Lee Evans is our main receiver and he's getting the double or even triple coverage. Something tells me that if Moulds doesnt pick it up soon, he'll be gone at the end of the season.
        Good... I hope so

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

i wonder if detroit is going to lose one of their big WRs for a pick or something, that might fit in our team well

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

He's not worth a zillion dollars like he's getting paid- but in the right system (which could be here when Losman gets on track) he's still a very good WR
            He's not washed up. That was a great play at the sideline, but havent u noticed that he can't separate like he used to? He also doesnt have the speed after the catch like he had in his early years. But right now he's getting paid too much for what he does.

He has to take a big pay cut next year or will probably be gone, IMO.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

I agree completely. Far from done. If it's anyone who's struggling it's Losman . This bills look like a WCO throwing short passes all the time. Althroughout the preseason Losman either hit , Haddad, Reed or Parrish. He's hardly had any chemistry or the confidence to go to his no.1 and no.2 receivers.

I haven't been impressed w/ offensive playcalling this last 2 games. Even our TE's don't seem to be part of the offence either.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• finsrclowns
                • Apr 2004

He's not any different than he was last year. He can't run away from anyone but he's a guy that can make plays even if he's covered. But as I said last year his days as a top ten receiver are over. Stay tuned on Moulds though. He still thinks he's a top receiver and if he doesn't see the ball enough he'll whine like he did last year.
                finsrclowns

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

He got seperation, Losman was either overthrowing, throwing out of bounds, or at his feet. His first catch was the perfect example of that. Open and a horrible throw.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                    i wonder if detroit is going to lose one of their big WRs for a pick or something, that might fit in our team well
                    I'd take Roy Williams, Mike Williams or even Charles Rogers (if he can stay healthy). That would be sweet....

Roy Williams, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish

OR

Charles Rogers, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      He's not washed up. That was a great play at the sideline, but havent u noticed that he can't separate like he used to? He also doesnt have the speed after the catch like he had in his early years. But right now he's getting paid too much for what he does.

He has to take a big pay cut next year or will probably be gone, IMO.
                      He's also gone up against some top flight CBs in these first two games.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Eric Moulds is losing it....

I told you all of this at the end of last year... he should have been released this year... or traded while his stock was still considered high.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                          He got seperation, Losman was either overthrowing, throwing out of bounds, or at his feet. His first catch was the perfect example of that. Open and a horrible throw.
                          this is true,

jp isn't finding the open man nearly enough.

i am going to bang the run the QB drum till it breaks. a little bit of QB running early will do lots of good things

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                            I observed that too. Losman started hitting his wr's on target when he started gaining confidence. Like I said in another thread, Mularkey has to stop treating JP like a rookie. Let him make plays. The sooner he does it, the sooner he'll start playing like a vet.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Re: Eric Moulds is losing it....

Originally posted by Pride
                              I told you all of this at the end of last year... he should have been released this year... or traded while his stock was still considered high.
                              his stock wasnt that high this year. What would we have gotten? a 3rd rounder?

Comment

Working...
                              X