PDA

View Full Version : What cracks me up is..

ZacGriffi~82
09-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Everyone predicted JP would start off slow and have bad games, but now when it happens those people are irate.

BillsPride12
09-18-2005, 09:01 PM
The problem is that the offensive line is still playing like garbage

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 09:03 PM
And his passes are like garbage.

OpIv37
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Everyone predicted JP would start off slow and have bad games, but now when it happens those people are irate.

I don't think anyone anticipated it would be THIS bad. Granted, the Oline didn't open any holes for Willis and the D gave up 150 yards to a mother****ing rookie, so it's not all JP's fault. But his passes were completely erratic- he completely missed open guys several times and threw two (maybe 3) that should have been picks.

I'm not saying we should bench him because he has to learn sometime, but I think this season will be shot before he figures it out.

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't think anyone anticipated it would be THIS bad. Granted, the Oline didn't open any holes for Willis and the D gave up 150 yards to a mother****ing rookie, so it's not all JP's fault. But his passes were completely erratic- he completely missed open guys several times and threw two (maybe 3) that should have been picks.

I'm not saying we should bench him because he has to learn sometime, but I think this season will be shot before he figures it out.
Whatever happens, still better than having Dredsoe back there. At least there is a *chance* JP will turn out. We knew exacly what the Statue was capable of.....choking.

Ebenezer
09-18-2005, 10:34 PM
During the frustration of not attaining a goal it's always great to hope that you can apply a fix and your wishes will be satisfied.

The perception in this town has been that QB has been the position that has needed fixing since Jimbo retired. People want to hold up Roethelisberger as an example of sticking in a kid and almost getting to the super bowl. All great in theory until people realize that, forsaking the schedule, this was a 9-7 team last year but for a few plays here and there could have made the playoffs. They believe the hype about the defense. They realize the time that this defense will be this good is rather finite. And then they realize that putting in a kid QB will result in a bunch of growing pains and struggles. Then they fear, after game 2, that this team will not make the playoffs and the actual result may, in fact, be a step backward. This causes frustration and ane the resulting clamor.

There were many last year that wanted the kid and the growing pains. There were some that wanted the playoffs, or at least a chance at them, now. It's a long season. It has to play itself out.

Captain gameboy
09-19-2005, 05:22 AM
I'm not worried about him yet, but there is one thing that is disturbing.

The growing pains were to be the result of misreads, rushing himself etc.

Not just plain gross innacuracy. He made a couple of really nice throws yesterday, but he made a couple that were horribly off target, and with no serious pressure. There were hints about that issue in camp.