PDA

View Full Version : Teams on our schedule that are better than the Bucs...

OpIv37
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Atlanta, Carolina, NE (twice), San Diego, Kansas City (arguably).

Strap in, folks- it's going to be a bumpy ride...

Lexwhat
09-18-2005, 09:56 PM

San Diego looks more like the Chargers from 2 years ago than last year. They just lost to Denver today and that pathetic defense. You're certainly right about the other teams though, and most def. about KC. I said it in the beginning of the year, when pre-season rankings came out - watch out for KC.

The Bills need to get their game up, for real.

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
5 games (SD sucks) . That leaves 8-9 left vs lousier than Tampa Bay! :up:

Tatonka
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
oh christ.. here is where OP tells us again that we have no chance to win for the season, not just at the start of every game.

:up:

way to be a "realist".

Captain Obvious
09-18-2005, 11:13 PM

Atlanta is coming to Orchard Park playing their 2nd Road game in a row. Whose to say there better than Tampa Bay?

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Whats it matter about teams on the Bills schedule that are better then the Bucs?

How about teams on the Bills schedule that are better then the Bills?

Oakland game won't be easy, either will the N.O.,Bengals, Not to mention NE (2),KC, Atl.,Carolina,Denver.

Should split if not sweep the Jets and Miami, and also beat SD.

Devin
09-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Thats what we said all along.

If we go 10-6 we will make the playoffs.

Tatonka
09-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Atlanta is coming to Orchard Park playing their 2nd Road game in a row. Whose to say there better than Tampa Bay?

someone with a negative ass attitude who is just looking for an excuse to piss and moan about what a "bump ride it will be".. ie.. the same people who start screaming about how we have no chance to win a game when it is 0-0 in the first period.

BucGuy
09-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Home opener in Tampa in the heat of Florida with a loud crowd. A rookie QB playing against perhaps the best defense in the NFL. You think the Bills will have a tougher game than that this year? I don't think so. You guys just had an unlucky draw when the schedule came out.

Things will improve. That Bucs game was your toughest of the year.

Devin
09-19-2005, 12:20 AM
I certainly hope your right.

paladin warrior
09-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Home opener in Tampa in the heat of Florida with a loud crowd. A rookie QB playing against perhaps the best defense in the NFL. You think the Bills will have a tougher game than that this year? I don't think so. You guys just had an unlucky draw when the schedule came out.

Things will improve. That Bucs game was your toughest of the year.:drool2: WET DREAM. I Said "Tampa Bays are NOT GOING MAKE IN SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR"

madness
09-19-2005, 07:55 AM

Things will improve. That Bucs game was your toughest of the year.
I agree with all but the 'perhaps the best defense' part. It's a little too early for that talk. I'll chalk it up as a top 5 defense for now.

This was not an ideal situation for the Bills to walk into. Especially Losman's second game of the season and his first road game. Losing Fletcher was a big blow too. Not that he would have affected the outcome, but the taste of tire in our mouth would not be as bad.

Chalk it up as a loss and mark it as a good learning experience...

...and thank God Atlanta will be at OBD next week. We'll need that 12th man to help contain Vick.

justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 07:59 AM

Strap in, folks- it's going to be a bumpy ride... those teams are saying "oh crap , we're facing the bills ?:nervous: "
I'm looking forward to beating them.

casdhf
09-19-2005, 08:16 AM
we must protect this house

casdhf
we must protect this house

OpIv37
someone with a negative ass attitude who is just looking for an excuse to piss and moan about what a "bump ride it will be".. ie.. the same people who start screaming about how we have no chance to win a game when it is 0-0 in the first period.

it was 2-0 in the second quarter- we had given up a safety, our O hadn't moved the ball at all and our D had been on the field for 15 minutes already on a 95 degree day. At least get the facts straight. In your homer mind, that means "we're doing fine". To someone who pays attention to what's on the field instead of to unconditional love for the team, it means we're screwed.

BuffaloRanger
09-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Is TD taking notes? The Tampa front office has schooled him.

The bucs improved from 5-11 to whooping his team's ass. How does that happen?

Captain Obvious
09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Is TD taking notes? The Tampa front office has schooled him.

The bucs improved from 2nd worst to whooping his team's ass. How does that happen?
Not quite sure how the Tampa Bay front Office has schooled TD. Did they fleece him in a trade recently? They also weren't the 2nd worst team in the NFL las year. The fact that Tampa Bat played at home; maybe thats why yesterdays results came to fruition.

colin
09-19-2005, 09:03 AM
we need
8-0 or 7-1 at home

we need to win at the jets and miami, and sneak in 1-3 other road wins, boom, play offs.

every team in the AFC east has won at home and lost on the road.

philly, atlanta, denver, all looked great at home and crap on the road.

what we need to be a top team in the NFL is for our D to get 1-2 turnovers in a game, our special teams to win the field position battle (we sucked punting and covering puts yesterday, we were good on kicks, including the one after the safety) and for our d to get some first downs and make some plays in the red zone.

i think by december we should be able to do all of that, and if we only drop 2 or 3 of our first 7 we will be in good shape.

justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 09:11 AM
it was 2-0 in the second quarter- we had given up a safety, our O hadn't moved the ball at all and our D had been on the field for 15 minutes already on a 95 degree day. At least get the facts straight. In your homer mind, that means "we're doing fine". To someone who pays attention to what's on the field instead of to unconditional love for the team, it means we're screwed.compared to where we were last year I say we're ahead. We lost in an away game. I'm glad it happened early against a none division rival. With that loss we can at least get a glimpse of where we're at.

Kerr
09-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Out of all those teams, Carolina concerns me the most. They have a killer D.

justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Out of all those teams, Carolina concerns me the most. They have a killer D.Ha! They haven't faced Aiken yet.

STAMPY
09-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Teams get upset and teams upset others. Part of the NFL. We will lose some games we are expected to win. And we will also win games people doubt us for

mysticsoto
09-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Ha! They haven't faced Aiken yet.
Troy Aiken ?

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:22 PM
it was 2-0 in the second quarter- we had given up a safety, our O hadn't moved the ball at all and our D had been on the field for 15 minutes already on a 95 degree day. At least get the facts straight. In your homer mind, that means "we're doing fine". To someone who pays attention to what's on the field instead of to unconditional love for the team, it means we're screwed.

WOW! you waited till it was a whole 2-0 in the first half! congrats!.. i am sure you were excited when you saw them score so you could finally start screaming "WOLF!!"..

just out of curiousity, Nancy, what exactly is so homer about not crying like a little school girl all the time? you dont see me screaming "WE WILL SHUT OUT EVERYONE AND GO 16-0!!".. hell, can you even give me one example of a homer post i have made?

again.. your defense is to call someone a homer just because they dont act like you, who crys wolf at the first sign of adversity.. you ruin the game for everyone by pissing and moaning "OHHHH GODDDDD!!!! WE ARE FINISHED!!! WE HAVE NO CHANCE!!! LOSMAN IS HORRIBLE! THE OLINE IS HORRIBLE!! THE COACH IS HORRIBLE!! THE DEFENSE IS TERRIBLE, THEY GAVE UP A FIRST DOWN!!"

it is like you want everyone to have such a negative, piss poor attitude, so you dont feel lonely in your crying.

"fans" like you make me sick... it is also EXACTLY what Wys did.. in fact.. i have never seen the two of you in the same room.. could it be...hmmm.

:crap:

justasportsfan
09-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Troy Aiken ?Clay

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
it is like you want everyone to have such a negative, piss poor attitude, so you dont feel lonely in your crying.

"fans" like you make me sick... it is also EXACTLY what Wys did.. in fact.. i have never seen the two of you in the same room.. could it be...hmmm.

:crap:

First, I don't manipulate stats like Wys.

Second, if I see something good, I'll comment on it- like last week. I said Losman and Lindell both surprised me, and that we could be in better shape than I thought (but also that it was too earl to tell). Yesterday, there was almost nothing good to comment on. Wys never said anything good about the team no matter what happened.

Look, I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge that this team has problems, even after the pathetic showing yesterday. We both want the Bills to be Super Bowl champs, but it's like you have this inability to process any information that suggests it might not happen.

An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. I prefer to expect the worst but hope for the best than to be disappointed.

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
First, I don't manipulate stats like Wys.

Second, if I see something good, I'll comment on it- like last week. I said Losman and Lindell both surprised me, and that we could be in better shape than I thought (but also that it was too earl to tell). Yesterday, there was almost nothing good to comment on. Wys never said anything good about the team no matter what happened.

Look, I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge that this team has problems, even after the pathetic showing yesterday. We both want the Bills to be Super Bowl champs, but it's like you have this inability to process any information that suggests it might not happen.

An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. I prefer to expect the worst but hope for the best than to be disappointed.

did you not just post that "tampa bay did not give up any first downs".. your right.. that is not a manipulation of stats.. that is just outright fabrication.

second.. wys, like you, did break down and admit a few postives after a win..

i dont know why you assume because i am not *****ing about them all the time during the middle of the game that i REFUSE to acknowledge that the team has any problems or weaknesses.. if it makes you feel better about calling me a homer.. then fine.. assume that.. you act like you have never read a critical post of mine before.. you know it is an outright lie that i wear rose colored glasses.. i just dont cry about it like you do.

and while i am optimistic, i can be, and was, pleasantly surprised by the week one performance.. so that is just a line of crap as well..

if your excuse for being such a negative nancy is so you can be really happy when the team does well.. um.. i guess i just think that is really :limp:

even while the team was WINNING the game last week handily, you were already staring to point out how jp wasnt doing so well in the second half, ect.. give me a break.

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
I prefer to expect the worst but hope for the best than to be disappointed.

by the way.. that was EXACTLY what Wys used to say.. just an FYI.

mysticsoto
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Clay

:lolabove:

Ah, that makes sense now...with Clay running up the middle in a tu-tu, everyone will make sure they get out of his way...