PDA

View Full Version : Is JP a bust??

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 09:58 PM
After reading all these JP threads, I though it was time to take a poll.

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I think your attempt at a poll is a bust...LOL

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2005, 10:01 PM
:wtf: again Mr. C

That Guy
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
HEY! This poll is sooooo biased.

TedSalami
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I do not think you can call him a bust. It is way too early.
I do think he is not going to be as good as mnay people think. He has talent to be a good caretaker but if people think he is Jim Kelly II thay have another think coming.
I saw a couple of Tulane games on one of the ESPNs and I do not think I ever seen him throw a long ball or throw it well. He is not going to be a bomber.

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
saw

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Damn it's only been 2 games!

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Atlanta traded Favre after 1 year.
Tampa traded Young after 2 years.

Let's not jump the gun and get rid of JP after two freakin' games.

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Jacksonville traded Rob Johnson after....oh wait...never mind

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2005, 10:12 PM

Is this directed to me?

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Is this directed to me?
No...just to the people (or person) that voted yes.

hammerbillsfan
09-18-2005, 10:21 PM
No...just to the people (or person) that voted yes.
ok just checking, carry on

Ebenezer
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM

There was recently a special on one station or another talking about Favre (sorry, I have no title or network, my kid was watching it and I wasn't really paying attention).
Atlanta traded Favre to save his life. They never wanted to get rid of him but he was making more of a habit of the Atlanta nightlife rather than playing football. Had they not traded him he wouldn't have started a game in the NFL.

Steve Young was a bust in Tampa because everybody was a bust in Tampa. Buffalo is no where near as bad as those Bucs teams. After he was traded he still spent 4 seasons watching Montana and working in possibly the best offensive system the NFL has ever seen. The only time he threw more than 100 passes in those 4 years he had a QB rating of 72.

Circumstances play a lot into what type of career any play will have. Even a great player can turn out to be a bust in the wrong situation. However, average players (or worse) are rarely, if ever, made stars because they are in a great situation.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
However, average players (or worse) are rarely, if ever, made stars because they are in a great situation.

Thats what pisses me off. The Bills have a great Defense, good special teams, Good WR's, a good RB, the OLine is not as bad as people say it is, and Losman should be able to succeed here. And he hasn't except for 1 Qtr. against Houston.

He's just another Johnson.

Devin
09-18-2005, 10:59 PM
It's game 2.

Ebenezer
09-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Thats what pisses me off. The Bills have a great Defense, good special teams, Good WR's, a good RB, the OLine is not as bad as people say it is, and Losman should be able to succeed here. And he hasn't except for 1 Qtr. against Houston.

we will have to wait the season, and maybe longer, to see if it was worth taking the potential step back with JP rather than staying the course of 9-7 and almost in the playoffs.

capitolneal
09-18-2005, 11:08 PM
this is ******ed he is a young QB he will look bad you will get frustrated and pissed than he will make you go damn that is the next bret farve etc... He is young and will take his lumps but we are lucky that we are stout everywhere else we will be in ALL our games when the run doesn't work we will have to punt and ho;d'em I am not even sweating this loss... T BAY looked like the better team today bring on the FALCONS and letd play ball

jonah7777
09-18-2005, 11:09 PM

lmao

and you know this how?

go become a new england fan with your I want to win now-- thats what my 5 year olds used to say I want I want lol.

cry to TD but here is what he will say save the postage or go watch the CFL TD truely could care less what crybaby bills fans want.

Ebenezer
09-18-2005, 11:18 PM
lmao

and you know this how?

go become a new england fan with your I want to win now-- thats what my 5 year olds used to say I want I want lol.

cry to TD but here is what he will say save the postage or go watch the CFL TD truely could care less what crybaby bills fans want.
playoffs have been missing from our seasons for a long time...i think many bills fans want to win now...when a 5 year old wants something now it doesn't matter because they are five...give it to them and they will want something else now...bills fans are not asking for back to back super bowls now...they want this team to make the playoffs...remember how close they were last year?

TacklingDummy
09-18-2005, 11:19 PM
You sure your 5 year old just didn't type that?

TigerJ
09-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Do you do polling for one of the political parties, Mr. Cynical? I voted for "Way too early to tell" because I think it would have been an obvious choice even if you hadn't worded the second option so it sounds like an admission of idiocy. How 'bout a real poll next time?

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 11:58 PM
we will have to wait the season, and maybe longer, to see if it was worth taking the potential step back with JP rather than staying the course of 9-7 and almost in the playoffs.
:rolleyes:

Here we go again.

:deadhorse

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Do you do polling for one of the political parties, Mr. Cynical? I voted for "Way too early to tell" because I think it would have been an obvious choice even if you hadn't worded the second option so it sounds like an admission of idiocy. How 'bout a real poll next time?
How about this...

a) you get a sense of humor (this was a joke) and b) make your own poll if you don't like it

:shakeno:

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2005, 12:04 AM
remember how close they were last year?
Remember how Drew played in the last, most important game of the year against Pitt?

16/30 for 189, 56.3%, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks, 58.9 rating.

And that was against their scrubs.

Philagape
09-19-2005, 08:09 AM
You know those commercials about people doing stupid things? Like a guy chopping down a tree and it lands on his car? Well add to that list judging a QB's future career by his second start ever. It's really hard to think of a more ******ed thing to do. I mean, my God, stupidity very rarely sinks lower than that. Such an opinion has no place on a bathroom wall, much less a message board with mostly intelligent posters.

And I'll say again, our predecessor would have done no better. We're still better than status quo at QB.

Novacane
09-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Since I don't have a crystal ball like tacklingdumbass I'll say to early to tell ;)

Novacane
09-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Thats what pisses me off. The Bills have a great defense...............

no they don't. They have a good defense that ****s the bed to often. ( i know you blame JP for thier **** play yesterday so look back to Pittsburg and being shreaded by 3rd stringers if you think they are great)

Gunzlingr
09-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Drew would have been eaten alive yesterday as well, perhaps more so.

Night Train
09-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Most of our favorite whiners here are young, so I'll ask the minority who actually remember football BK ( before Kelly ) .

Remember Elway in 1983 ? He was soooooo bad. He kept getting yanked and replaced by Steve Deberg. The boos would rain down from the stands in Denver. Multiple football writers declared him a bust.

Then about halfway through 1984, it started to click and he never looked back.

No one is saying Losman will attain Elway status but it takes time for even the great ones.

I only remember one QB looking great right out of the box. Marino. It helped having a good OL, two burners with great hands at WR, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper plus a pass happy playbook.

Jan Reimers
09-19-2005, 09:37 AM
How about this...

a) you get a sense of humor (this was a joke) and b) make your own poll if you don't like it

:shakeno:
JP is obviously - based on 2 full games - a smaller, less talented version of Ryan Leaf. :drool2:

Bert102176
09-19-2005, 09:43 AM
way to early to say, but it would be nice if TD would actually get some good OL instead of the below average stuff we have

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2005, 09:54 PM
way to early to say, but it would be nice if TD would actually get some good OL instead of the below average stuff we have
Yep.

Ebenezer
09-19-2005, 10:37 PM
:rolleyes:

Here we go again.

:deadhorse
...and not one word about DB...touchy touchy...the same would have been true had Kelly been the QB and not DB...the move to JP won't be graded for two years...minimum

chubluv
09-19-2005, 10:45 PM
There was recently a special on one station or another talking about Favre (sorry, I have no title or network, my kid was watching it and I wasn't really paying attention).
Atlanta traded Favre to save his life. They never wanted to get rid of him but he was making more of a habit of the Atlanta nightlife rather than playing football. Had they not traded him he wouldn't have started a game in the NFL.

I saw that show also. Its called the top 5 reasons you cant blame... Its on espn classic. All 5 reasons were Brett Favre. It was a pretty intresting show. Farve wanted to start, but Glanville said no!! So after that Brett gave up trying to compete & was relegated to 3rd string & eventually traded. Funny thing is GB fans were pissed that they gave up a 1st rd pick to get him. Somehow I think they are OK with giving up that pick after 2 SB rings!!

Sorry to get off track about JP. It is way to early to judge bust or not. Eli Manning looked like crap at first last year, but he is improving with every game. I think the same will happen with JP. Growing pains are rough we are just going to have to grow with him.