PDA

View Full Version : Message to Mularkey: Don't do that again

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2005, 01:25 AM
From ESPN: "I put Kelly in to see if we would get a spark," Buffalo coach Mike Mularkey said. "We had to try to get something going before it was too late."JP needs your complete support and needs to feel he doesn't have to look over his shoulder and doesn't need his confidence rattled. Putting in Holcomb undermines all of the above.

You picked him as your future. Let him play for at least a full season before pulling him for "a spark" from a guy like Holcomb. He's not Reich or Flutie.

BuffaloRanger
09-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Mularky was completely outcoached in every phase of the game. Challenging obvious calls. Throwing when they should have run, vica versa. Never stretching the field. I can't believe that Moulds/Evans were never open downfield.

Then he puts in Holcomb who was more than happy to complete 2 passes for -1 yards.

casdhf
09-19-2005, 07:24 AM
I agree and disagree with it. On the one hand, he wasn't doing anything at all. He almost looked as lost as David Carr did last week. On the other, we were still in a position to get a score and be right back in the game. It didn't help that Holcomb came in and didn't do anything. I guess we will see what happens next week vs ATL, I'll be there ready!