X-Era
09-19-2005, 06:59 AM
JP's 1st 2 games:

21 of 37 for 302, 1 td, 3 ints
21 of 33 for 188, 1 td, 3 ints

Woops that was Peyton Mannings 1st 2 starts, lets try it again

JP's numbers for this game:

13/28 for 122, 0 TD's, and 1 INT

Ohh crap, that was Peyton's numbers again. Why do I keep doing that.

Just for the record heres JP's numbers:

29 of 56, 283, 51.8%, 1 TD, 0 int's, 72.2 passers rating

Now, heres Mularkeys comments:

We didn’t move the ball the way we normally do, and (people will be) disappointed in the final score. This is a very good football team we played. They have talented people and they’re an excellent team.

When you can win a game when your offense doesn’t play your best, or when your defense doesn’t play your best, that’s the sign of a good team.

Ohh crap those were Tony Dungys comments.

Get the point? Everything in perspective. Should Indy have cut Manning when he stunk up the field in his 1st 2 starts? Should we just fold our hand and go home? How about this past Sunday, Manning looked worse than JP, should they bench him? No one knows what JP is yet, including me. Time and experiences will show us what he is all about, its too early and we have lost nothing yet.

Our O will look terrible sometimes, our D will look awfull sometimes. But the great teams find a way to win anyways. We are still lacking the mental toughness.

DMBcrew36
09-19-2005, 07:12 AM
great post... I think everyone should just watch as the season progresses

ryjam282
09-19-2005, 09:16 AM
I agree 100%. But, I hope Jerry Gray brings back our attacking D. That is what cost us IMO. Griese had all damn day to throw.

jamze132
09-19-2005, 09:30 AM
JP's 1st 2 games:

21 of 37 for 302, 1 td, 3 ints
21 of 33 for 188, 1 td, 3 ints

Woops that was Peyton Mannings 1st 2 starts, lets try it again

JP's numbers for this game:

13/28 for 122, 0 TD's, and 1 INT

Ohh crap, that was Peyton's numbers again. Why do I keep doing that.

Just for the record heres JP's numbers:

29 of 56, 283, 51.8%, 1 TD, 0 int's, 72.2 passers rating

Now, heres Mularkeys comments:

We didn’t move the ball the way we normally do, and (people will be) disappointed in the final score. This is a very good football team we played. They have talented people and they’re an excellent team.

When you can win a game when your offense doesn’t play your best, or when your defense doesn’t play your best, that’s the sign of a good team.

Ohh crap those were Tony Dungys comments.

Get the point? Everything in perspective. Should Indy have cut Manning when he stunk up the field in his 1st 2 starts? Should we just fold our hand and go home? How about this past Sunday, Manning looked worse than JP, should they bench him? No one knows what JP is yet, including me. Time and experiences will show us what he is all about, its too early and we have lost nothing yet.

Our O will look terrible sometimes, our D will look awfull sometimes. But the great teams find a way to win anyways. We are still lacking the mental toughness.
Nice post! posrep:

colin
09-19-2005, 09:32 AM
I agree 100%. But, I hope Jerry Gray brings back our attacking D. That is what cost us IMO. Griese had all damn day to throw.
good point.

we got mashed up a bit and didnt blitz. tampa was aggresive as can be against us, and when they did drop back we didnt' run JP to take advantage.