PDA

View Full Version : That Losman safety play

ghz in pittsburgh
09-19-2005, 08:29 AM
is exactly the same play the Steelers sacked Bledsoe and got a fumble return for TD in the last season's last game.

That is apparently in Bills' 3rd down package where the WRs are wide. The Bucs did exactly the same thing as the Steelers did, rushing two including a corner and rollered a third CB/safety towards where the rushing CB supposed to be. The Bills only got one back available to take out one rusher, giving the CB a clear shot at the QB.

We know what happened to Bledsoe who did not even see this coming. Losman at least saw that and was looking to throw to the WR the rushing corner was supposed to cover. If it is not in the endzone, I think Losman may elude the rusher but being where he was, I thought he handled the best he could.

Novacane
09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
That was such a stupid call. Our D was holding thier own at that point. Should have just run 3 times and punted if we did not get the first down

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 08:38 AM
That was such a stupid call. Our D was holding thier own at that point. Should have just run 3 times and punted if we did not get the first down

agreed. It was far too much pressure to put on JP in his first road start. Mularkey had to guess that they were gonna bring the house on that play. Horrible play call.

sunshynman
09-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Well I hate to see what I saw from the coaching staff on Sunday. Its like the win at any cost attitude is taking over. Where was the running game? Why did we feel pressured to throw? As good as the decision was to come out gunning against Houstin, it was an equally bad decision to do it against Tampa. Why were we not pounding the ball up the middle all day? Even from the uneducated it seemed obvious that the key to that game should have been run, stop the run, and limit mistakes. Instead we put the pressure on JP to win the game. What happened to the rollouts? If you going to make him throw against a strong pass defense, call what are high percentage plays for him.

Even more disappointing is when the put Holcomb in for the series. I thought we said JP was a #1 pick that we would develop into our starter.!? Damn, leave him in there to learn! They should have started the 2 minute drill then! Give him that game time knowledge that will help us to win a game in the future. I really think they are feeling the pressure to have a winning season and that could cause the Bills to become mediocre again.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2005, 09:02 AM
I don't blame them for taking a quick shot on 1st down.

It was stupid to throw on 3rd. Run the ball for 2 yards and punt.

jamze132
09-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah the players didn't really execute but the coaching was just down right awful yesterday. I hate to see a QB drop back for a pass when the line of scrimage is on the one yard line. Just pound the rock 3 times, punt, and congratulate the opposing punter on a nice kick.