PDA

View Full Version : Relax

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Everyone in our division is 1-1 with a 0-1 road record.

We're still right in there. Season is young. Chill. :miyagi:

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 10:55 AM
i am totally relaxed.. we waxed NE 31-0 a few years ago.. we still sucked that year.. and NE still won a superbowl.. they looked much worse on that day then we did yesterday.. but it all worked out for them.

Kerr
09-19-2005, 10:57 AM
You best listen to miyagi or he'll asscup you and make you like it.

BAM
09-19-2005, 11:00 AM
It doesn't take long to get some of these babies whining does it.

Pride
09-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Yo bam.. what did you think of the backers club yesterday?

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I think our Oline looks like **** and won't magically get better, especially with MW out. The only good thing is that none of the defenses we play this year are as good as TB's, with the possible exception of Carolina.

Our D is starting to scare me too. Even before they were tired, they gave up a few first downs to a weak offense. And while special teams isn't a liability, they haven't had a big play yet in two games, so I don't think we can count on them being dominant like last year.

BAM
09-19-2005, 11:03 AM
It was cool man. Those guys seemed OK to me. I'll be there this weekend!

Pride
09-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Cool... yeah.. Brad seemed cool... and so did Paul (the guy with the kids). Forget the other guys name.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Freaking hijacked. :ill:

Yasgur's Farm
09-19-2005, 11:35 AM
In the Bills SB years, there was always at least 1 game per season where they got sent home carrying their asses in their laps.

1990-
Lost to Miami 7-33... Beat them 44-34 in playoffs.
1991-
Lost to KC 6-33... Beat them 37-14 in playoffs.
1992-
Lost to Miami 10-37... Beat them 29-10 in playoffs.
Lost to Houston 3-27... Beat them 41-38 in playoffs.
1993-
Lost to KC 7-23... Beat them 30-13 in playoffs.
Lost to Raiders 24-25... Beat them 29-23 in playoffs.

My point? They learned that just because they played poorly 1 day, doesn't mean they are condemned to play the same way given another opportunity.

Football is a game of chess. Tampa kept us in check long enough to wear down our D... Thus allowing them to dictate the game to us. The longer this went on, the more in control they became... It's clearly a snowball affect.

The Bills of the 90's went through the same thing. The Bills of 2005 are not doomed as many here are proclaiming.

BRING ON THE FALCONS!! :supper:

BAM
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
In the Bills SB years, there was always at least 1 game per season where they got sent home carrying their asses in their laps.

1990-
Lost to Miami 7-33... Beat them 44-34 in playoffs.
1991-
Lost to KC 6-33... Beat them 37-14 in playoffs.
1992-
Lost to Miami 10-37... Beat them 29-10 in playoffs.
Lost to Houston 3-27... Beat them 41-38 in playoffs.
1993-
Lost to KC 7-23... Beat them 30-13 in playoffs.
Lost to Raiders 24-25... Beat them 29-23 in playoffs.

My point? They learned that just because they played poorly 1 day, doesn't mean they are condemned to play the same way given another opportunity.

Football is a game of chess. Tampa kept us in check long enough to wear down our D... Thus allowing them to dictate the game to us. The longer this went on, the more in control they became... It's clearly a snowball affect.

The Bills of the 90's went through the same thing. The Bills of 2005 are not doomed as many here are proclaiming.

BRING ON THE FALCONS!! :supper:
VERY GOOD POST! Sanest of the day in fact.

The last buffalo fan
09-19-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm not resigned, or wont be satisfied, until we won at least one championship, but last year, at this time we were 0-2 with a "better" qb. We all agree, that so far, JP is playing better and has more upside than the last year's guy.

So why not listen to Mr. Miyagi. I'm there with you my friend.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not resigned, or wont be satisfied, until we won at least one championship, but last year, at this time we were 0-2 with a "better" qb. We all agree, that so far, JP is playing better and has more upside than the last year's guy.

So why not listen to Mr. Miyagi. I'm there with you my friend.
:posrep:

Jimbuktu
09-19-2005, 01:06 PM
i am totally relaxed.. we waxed NE 31-0 a few years ago.. we still sucked that year.. and NE still won a superbowl.. they looked much worse on that day then we did yesterday.. but it all worked out for them.
I was at that game covering it up in the press box, and if you came up to me afterwards and bet me 1 million dollars that the Bills would go 5-10 the rest of the way while the pats went 14-1 en route to the title, I would have taken that bet in a second ...

let's let this season play out a bit, eh?

Gunzlingr
09-19-2005, 01:34 PM
A thread after my own heart. Am I disappointed? Hell yes!! The team needs to learn from their mistakes and move on. Is it the end of the season? Not hardly.

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:03 PM
let's let this season play out a bit, eh?

na.. lets just ***** and moan about the qb.. the oline.. the coaching.. and now the defense because they gave up a "few" first downs BEFORE they got tired.. :rofl:

lets just all say it now! "The bills have no chance of winning this season!!!"

yeah.. now that feels way better!

:peace:

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
na.. lets just ***** and moan about the qb.. the oline.. the coaching.. and now the defense because they gave up a "few" first downs BEFORE they got tired.. :rofl:

lets just all say it now! "The bills have no chance of winning this season!!!"

yeah.. now that feels way better!

:peace:

Tampa Bay didn't give up any first downs, and our D is supposed to be better than theirs....

just tell me this- what did you see yesterday that makes you think we can beat ANYONE, let alone the good teams on our schedule?

And keep in mind that we lost two starters to injuries (Fletcher and Williams)

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Tampa Bay didn't give up any first downs, and our D is supposed to be better than theirs....

just tell me this- what did you see yesterday that makes you think we can beat ANYONE, let alone the good teams on our schedule?

And keep in mind that we lost two starters to injuries (Fletcher and Williams)

if you are ignorant enough to base an entire season on one bad game.. then is there really any point in explaining anything to you? seriously?

you could have said the same thing about the pats when we beat them 31-0.. they couldnt do anything right in that game.. sam adams scored on an inteception return for god sakes.. sam adams intercepted brady.. they obviously had a much worse day than we did.

it is like your looking for anything to grab on to.. tampa actually gave up EIGHT first downs yesterday.. but why would you want to rely on facts.. it is much easier to throw "tampa's D didnt give up any first downs" and feel good about trying to back up your stance.. even with false info.

i just cant understand a perspective that looks for reasons why we are going to lose, as opposed to looking for reasons why we could win.. i thought that is what fans do.. pull for their team.. root for them to win.. what fun is it to be a "fan" like you and just look for things to disect in regards to the team ALL GAME LONG.. and then just create post after post after post about the same ****.. it is just ****ing annoying.. but you have heard that from half the board already, so me pointing it out is not going to change your personality.

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
oh.. and just so you can look for something else to disect..

here is the stat sheet that shows the eight first downs tampa gave up..

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/teamstats/NFL_20050918_BUF@TB

so.. now, move on from your "tampa's D didnt give up any first downs yesterday" to something new to sob about.

and the reason i am not going to list the positives that i saw in yesterdays game is just because as soon as i say something that you disagree with.. you will just scream "HOMER!!" so i wont waste my time.

:rolleyes:

TacklimgDummy
09-19-2005, 02:43 PM

nothing but do you honestly believe that they are going to play that bad every week?

TacklingDummy
09-19-2005, 02:45 PM
nothing but do you honestly believe that they are going to play that bad every week?

Cute name.

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 02:46 PM
oh.. and just so you can look for something else to disect..

here is the stat sheet that shows the eight first downs tampa gave up..

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/teamstats/NFL_20050918_BUF@TB

so.. now, move on from your "tampa's D didnt give up any first downs yesterday" to something new to sob about.

Ok, now you're manipulating what I said. When they scored the safety, Tampa had several first downs and we had 0. Meaning: our so-called #1 D wasn't stopping them as well as they were stoppign us. At least 3 of our first downs came in the last few minutes of the game, when it was meaningless.

And I don't know why everyone's hung up on this "one bad game" thing. Right now, all we have to go on are two games. It may not be much, but it's all the information we have at this time, so it has to be the baseline. Let's look at the facts:

1. In the first game, the D dominated a Texans team that has looked horrible in the first two weeks. In the second game, the Bucs ran all over them, they couldn't create turnovers or get themselves off the field.

2. The offense moved the ball well against a Texans D that looks like **** through 2 games, but struggled in the red zone. The offense did NOTHING against a good Bucs D.

That's it- that's all we know. If you can find something good in there, you're wearing rose-colored glasses.

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 02:47 PM
and the reason i am not going to list the positives that i saw in yesterdays game is just because as soon as i say something that you disagree with.. you will just scream "HOMER!!" so i wont waste my time.

or, because there were none but you don't want to waste your time with facts.

TacklimgDummy
09-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Cute name.

that's twice you told me that. Sorry but I'm not gay.

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 02:55 PM

Ok, now you're manipulating what I said.

am i? it looks like i was just going by exactly what you said.. i would change my stance now too though.. it makes you look smarter if you dont just completly make things up.

or, because there were none but you don't want to waste your time with facts.

yeah.. thats it.. your the only one that can see the ills of this team.. and even though we are 1-1.. there really was NOTHING good about the first two weeks of the season.. :rofl:

if you honestly think that nothing good has come of the season so far.. you really need to question what team you root for.. i know i question it for you.

:up:

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
if you honestly think that nothing good has come of the season so far.. you really need to question what team you root for.. i know i question it for you.

funny how you keep mentioning good things that have happened so far this season, but refuse to state them.

EDS
09-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Ok, now you're manipulating what I said. When they scored the safety, Tampa had several first downs and we had 0. Meaning: our so-called #1 D wasn't stopping them as well as they were stoppign us. At least 3 of our first downs came in the last few minutes of the game, when it was meaningless.

And I don't know why everyone's hung up on this "one bad game" thing. Right now, all we have to go on are two games. It may not be much, but it's all the information we have at this time, so it has to be the baseline. Let's look at the facts:

1. In the first game, the D dominated a Texans team that has looked horrible in the first two weeks. In the second game, the Bucs ran all over them, they couldn't create turnovers or get themselves off the field.

2. The offense moved the ball well against a Texans D that looks like **** through 2 games, but struggled in the red zone. The offense did NOTHING against a good Bucs D.

That's it- that's all we know. If you can find something good in there, you're wearing rose-colored glasses.

Put the knife down and slowly step down from the ledge. Even great defenses and great players have a bad game or three. Get some perspective.

Atlanta lost to Seattle this week but beat the tar out of Philly last week. Does that mean that Seattle is a better team then Philly? No. That season opening win against New England a few years a go should be all the proof you need to show that early season performances (whether good or bad) do not categorically represent the outcome of a season.

TacklingDummy
09-19-2005, 03:09 PM
funny how you keep mentioning good things that have happened so far this season, but refuse to state them.

Bills are 1-1 and not 0-2.

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Bills are 1-1 and not 0-2.

same old story- we beat crappy teams but lose to good ones. That won't get you in the playoffs unless you're in the NFC west.

mysticsoto
09-19-2005, 03:25 PM
same old story- we beat crappy teams but lose to good ones. That won't get you in the playoffs unless you're in the NFC west.
I'm not sure what you are proposing we do? Give up? All the fans should go home now? Should the Bills give up and just insert the backups in for the rest of the season?

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure what you are proposing we do? Give up? All the fans should go home now? Should the Bills give up and just insert the backups in for the rest of the season?

We pay Mularkey and TD millions to figure it out (not directly of course, but it's our purchase of tickets, merchandise, and the products advertised on TV and at games that pays their salaries).

I propose not getting your hopes up because we're only going to be disappointed yet again.

Night Train
09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Right on.

Everyone is fully aware of the Bills shortcomings and criticism is just part of the discussion after a loss. Completely understandable and eveyone can express their doubts.

What's sad is these posters seem insulted that everyone doesn't bow to their position of little to no hope like some infallible deity. :bow: We're idiots for having faith in our team and believing that things CAN turn around after week 2 ?

That's the nature of all team fan boards. Hello !

And what if the Bills somehow do go 4-12 this year ? Will they believe this validates them as some board icon and jutifies the starting of the SAME CRYING THREADS we've already read 100 times ? :down:

I put many on ignore but people keep quoting them. It's hard to escape some posters weekly dreck. :yap:

BAM
09-19-2005, 04:07 PM
There are a few people well on their way to making my ignore list as well. I don't let them get to me, but post after post it does kinda get a tad bit annoying.

No skin off my back though. 15-1 baby!

TacklingDummy
09-19-2005, 04:59 PM

You asked for a positive and I gave you one. Would ya rather be 0-2 then 1-1?

Plus the Defense looks good when its not on the field the whole game. Even with them being on the field so much they didnt play that bad.

Its just to bad JP took that safety. Could of been 0-0 at halftime and I think that safety took alot out of the Bills Defense.

colin
09-19-2005, 05:04 PM
some good points.

we played garbage, that needs to stop.

tactics need to change too, run JP, power direct running with willis, don't get cute just be efficient.

we also need to be aggressive on D. we just didn't press yesterday. now granted we were OK before the safety (6 3 and outs and we had allowed no points not even a FG attempt in on the road in almost 1 half? that is solid), but our D was too docile. a single turnover would have changed the flow of the game.

once we add some speed on O we should be OK

paladin warrior
09-19-2005, 06:19 PM
How to be Relax!!!:mehmeh:

LOOk Jim Kelly make in playoff and Superbowl. He make so many time in playoff. Jim Kelly Is our best QB.

Doug F. Make sometime in playoff.

Rob Johnson is stink the hole.

Bledsoe Drew Loudy player. He can't run a squirell http://beta.squirrelsandmore.com/images/editorimages/squirrel1homepage.jpg

and Bledsoe fumble the ball too many time. He can't hold the ball. His arms are weak.

And Now JP Losman. He have Big muscle and Strong arm, ran short yrs.

When that last time Bufflalo Bills make in playoff. 6 yrs yrs old. I remebered Bills was in the first place 11-3.

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
What's sad is these posters seem insulted that everyone doesn't bow to their position of little to no hope like some infallible deity. :bow: We're idiots for having faith in our team and believing that things CAN turn around after week 2 ?

That's the nature of all team fan boards. Hello !

you're only idiots when you have faith and believe that things CAN turn around when there's no evidence to suggest that will happen. Of course I want the Bills to turn it around, but I've seen little in terms of FACTS that suggest they can. Blind faith makes you a braindead automaton- if you're more positive than me that's fine, but have a reason other than the fact that you're a Bills fan for feeling that way.

I've said it several times and no one has responded, except for the fact that we're not 0-2: What have you SEEN ON THE FIELD that suggests we can turn it around?

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 09:58 PM
you want some good things..

1.the offense has NO turnovers.. now you will just say "if the defenders could catch.. " and write that off..

2. we are tied for first in the division.. and none of the other teams have looked dominant by any means. i still think we have the best defense and special teams in the division.

3. you point out we played a crappy team in the texans.. is it possible that the texans have just faced two very good defenses in the bills and steelers? no.. of coarse not..

4. willis was 5th in the league in rushing after the first game.. williams, who ate us up, was number one by the way BEFORE playing buffalo, and is still number one.. he is obviously very good.. our defense got beat by a good rb.. with our mlb out..

5. lindell has looked good.

6. the defensive ends have looked good.

7. gandy has done much better than i expected..

8. the secondary has done very well at all positions.

9. we still have roscoe and euhus coming back..

10. we have just played teh toughest defense we will face all year and got that out of the way.. we wont have to play another very good defense on the road.. in florida heat.. especially for their home opener, again this season.

i am sure you will say none of those are good things.. but i think they are all very good.. sorry if that makes me a homer for not wanting to look for reasons to hope my team does poorly..

you on the other hand just come across as a know it all who seems satisfied that you can say we wouldnt win then we dont.. your attitude is miserable.. and i find it so amusing that you think you are different than wys.. you are just like him.. JUST like him.. it ihas really become comical.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 04:21 PM
no response to my positives, eh?

must be at Sam's Club buying tissues.

Luisito23
09-20-2005, 04:44 PM

My man L. is perfect so far so I'm happy,........

PS.....there's so many haters here it reminds me of when I told my x-girl's parent's that I wanted to marry her........

GO BILLS!!!!!!

The last buffalo fan
09-20-2005, 05:51 PM
you want some good things..

1.the offense has NO turnovers.. now you will just say "if the defenders could catch.. " and write that off..

2. we are tied for first in the division.. and none of the other teams have looked dominant by any means. i still think we have the best defense and special teams in the division.

3. you point out we played a crappy team in the texans.. is it possible that the texans have just faced two very good defenses in the bills and steelers? no.. of coarse not..

4. willis was 5th in the league in rushing after the first game.. williams, who ate us up, was number one by the way BEFORE playing buffalo, and is still number one.. he is obviously very good.. our defense got beat by a good rb.. with our mlb out..

10. we have just played teh toughest defense we will face all year and got that out of the way.. we wont have to play another very good defense on the road.. in florida heat.. especially for their home opener, again this season.

i am sure you will say none of those are good things.. but i think they are all very good.. sorry if that makes me a homer for not wanting to look for reasons to hope my team does poorly..

you on the other hand just come across as a know it all who seems satisfied that you can say we wouldnt win then we dont.. your attitude is miserable.. and i find it so amusing that you think you are different than wys.. you are just like him.. JUST like him.. it ihas really become comical.

:bf1: Nice post, in my opinion both have valid facts/points, but in the end, I'll take the kool aid, man I dont want to be all the season *****ing, for something that I cant even control my self. Plus, I was waiting all the offseason, for what??? Just to keep complaining?? Forget it man, I dont think so!!!!

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 06:06 PM
My man L. is perfect so far so I'm happy,........

PS.....there's so many haters here it reminds me of when I told my x-girl's parent's that I wanted to marry her........

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Your awesome. :up:

:bf1:

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 06:08 PM
:bf1: Nice post, in my opinion both have valid facts/points, but in the end, I'll take the kool aid, man I dont want to be all the season *****ing, for something that I cant even control my self. Plus, I was waiting all the offseason, for what??? Just to keep complaining?? Forget it man, I dont think so!!!!

your awesome too..

my two favorite posters.. The last buffalo fan and Luisito23

:band:

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 09:03 PM

There were at least two that should have been picked, and another 3 or for that are arguable. It's just a matter of time.

so we're as good as Miami and New Jersey B? Wow, what an accomplishment!

Look what the Bucs did to our "very good defense". Face it- the Texans flat out suck. I had Carr on my fantasy team last year so I know what he's doing is pretty much par for the course.

Willis had 120 yards and no TD's against a team with a suspect D, terrible against a good D. I'm very disappointed in him so far. Yards don't win games unless your team gets a lead...

I have to give you that one- fortunately he's proved me wrong so far.

Against the pass, not so much against the run... I know the run isn't their primary responsibility, but they do play a part.

I have to give you that one too- a couple of bad penalties, but other than that he's been solid.

McGee got burned by the Bucs, no INTs against the Bucs- I'd say they looked good in one game and average in the other.

Roscoe's a big ? so who knows? Euhus- please. Campbell's better and Peters can play TE still. He'll be a non-factor.

Miami? NE? Carolina? Atlanta? Granted the heat won't be as big a factor except at Miami maybe, but those are some very strong D's.

hey, I said during preseason that I hope they proved me wrong. So far they haven't (except Lindell- I never said anything bad about Gandy). But you just ignore the fact that I said that. I don't know if you're pissed that I'm right so far, or pissed that the Bills are bad, or lack the psychological capacity to cope with the true state of the bills at this point, but you need to just get over it.

And by the way, I never gloated about being right until you started ragging on me. You can go back and check on that if you want. So this **** about me being happy about the team doing bad because it means I'm right is completely in your head. Basically, you're *****ing cuz I said stuff that was true.

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 09:22 PM

I waited for the 9 month offseason too. I bought NFL Sunday Ticket to follow the team, and a throwback jersey, and tickets to the opener. I drove a 16 hour round trip (and got my car damaged in the process) to see the first game. I plan my weekends around being able to watch the games.

If I don't like what I see, you can be damn sure I'm gonna complain about it. I look forward to the games all week, and when they're that bad it pissed me off and I have to get it out of my system.

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 09:27 PM
no response to my positives, eh?

must be at Sam's Club buying tissues.
either that or I have a life outside of BZ.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 09:39 PM
good work, Wys.. i knew you would show your true colors.. you **** on things that are good for no reason.. your opinions differ from mine.. you chose to ***** and moan.. while others would rather not.. nothing is right or wrong yet.. other than the fact that we are 1-1.. and tied for first in the division..

again.. it is just amusing that you come across so much like wys.. the only difference is that your posts are slightly shorter, but still just as repetive.. and absolutely just as negative.. it actually seems like it hurts you more to point out any bright spots..

like you mention lindell playing well like it pains you.. "fortunately he has proved me wrong".. because all you did was ***** about him..

"mcgee got burnt by the bucs" .. what db in the league hasnt gotten burnt a few times.. champ baily got burnt twice this season too.. it is 2 games in.. christ..

"except for a few bad penalties" when talking about gandy.. GET OVER IT!.. why would you even mention that.. his penalties have not hurt us.. his great play against rice was not enough to get you to shut up about a penalty?? it is like you had to throw that in because you can say anything postive without qualifying it with something ****ty.. your whole list is like that.. either you **** on it.. or qualify it with **** before saying something remotely decent.

i really cant believe your a fan.. honestly.. you must be a miserable person to be around.. always assuming the worst and nagging people about how they are going to screw up or how they arent good enough, before they actually screw up..

i can just see you saying to your friend.. "congrats on the promotion! sucks for you, now you have to pay more taxes, idiot! haha!"

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 09:41 PM
either that or I have a life outside of BZ.

so many things i could say here.. :rofl:

you responded to several other posts since this one.. but whatever. you asked for the list.. i gave you one.. knowing that you would **** on it and fail to see any bright spots at all..

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 09:48 PM
hey.. i got an idea, Wys jr.. instead of just pissing and moaning and being obnoxious.. what would YOU do to fix all these HUGE ISSUES you have with the team?

this should be interesting.

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 09:49 PM
good work, Wys.. i knew you would show your true colors.. you **** on things that are good for no reason.. your opinions differ from mine.. you chose to ***** and moan.. while others would rather not.. nothing is right or wrong yet.. other than the fact that we are 1-1.. and tied for first in the division..

again.. it is just amusing that you come across so much like wys.. the only difference is that your posts are slightly shorter, but still just as repetive.. and absolutely just as negative.. it actually seems like it hurts you more to point out any bright spots..

like you mention lindell playing well like it pains you.. "fortunately he has proved me wrong".. because all you did was ***** about him..

"mcgee got burnt by the bucs" .. what db in the league hasnt gotten burnt a few times.. champ baily got burnt twice this season too.. it is 2 games in.. christ..

"except for a few bad penalties" when talking about gandy.. GET OVER IT!.. why would you even mention that.. his penalties have not hurt us.. his great play against rice was not enough to get you to shut up about a penalty?? it is like you had to throw that in because you can say anything postive without qualifying it with something ****ty.. your whole list is like that.. either you **** on it.. or qualify it with **** before saying something remotely decent.

i really cant believe your a fan.. honestly.. you must be a miserable person to be around.. always assuming the worst and nagging people about how they are going to screw up or how they arent good enough, before they actually screw up..

i can just see you saying to your friend.. "congrats on the promotion! sucks for you, now you have to pay more taxes, idiot! haha!"

first, I don't treat everything in life the same way I treat football. Second, I'd rather be that guy than be you. "I got fired and now I'm broke- oh well, now I won't have to spend the gas money to get to work so it's all good!". And you say I keep repeating myself, how many times have you called me "Wys"?

And yes, it hurts to point out bright spots when the team looks as bad as they did on Sunday. If your kid brings home a report card with four D's, a C-, an F and one A, are you gonna take him out for ice cream cuz he got an A? Every time there's a funeral, some jackass says "well at least he/she is not in pain anymore", and I have a feeling you are that jackass.

Maybe I'm wrong about you- maybe you're pissed that you lost your nemesis in Wys so you're taking it out on me.

Maybe I should think like you- no matter how horrid the Bills look, I'll struggle to find the good and think maybe- just maybe- we'll be ok. Then on the following Sunday, I'll be disappointed all over again. That sounds like fun- where do I sign up?!?

Throne Logic
09-20-2005, 09:49 PM
man, talk about a classic case concerning the perspective on that 1/2 glass of water.

STAMPY
09-20-2005, 09:53 PM
T aren't you friends with Wys

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 10:08 PM
T aren't you friends with Wys

wys was not a bad guy.. we used to talk on a fairly regular basis.. i helped him with his radio show and a couple other things.. he actually came down from DC to richmond for a draft party.. he cooked wings for everyone.. there was probably 20 people over.. a handfull of bills fans and alot of other fans of other teams... everything was ok until the bills made their pick.. it was lee evans.. and that is when all hell broke loose.. then they traded up for jp losman.. and for as much as he *****ed about drew.. he started in on that pick too.. after that pick.. people literally started leaving the room.. people kept coming up to me saying "who the hell is that guy?"

it was just a nonstop barrage of complaints.. before he even knew who the players were really.. because lee evans hurt his knee 3 years ago, he wouldnt get over it.. it was just a horrible pick.. should have forced an OLINE pick there!.. then jp.. forced pick is all he could say.. huge mistake.. he is gonna suck.. blah blah..

then he got into it with my buddy stuart, who is a fins fan.. stu is a big boy too, like wys (they are both about 6'4 or so.. ).. i think wys was actually trying to make an arguement about marino not being good enough for the hall of fame or something.. that was pretty much it.. everyone was just over it.. the party was over.. people got sick of the whining and left..

so to answer your question.. wys was a friend i guess.. and he makes great wing sauce.. outside of football conversation, he was very easy to talk to and a very smart guy (i think he has like 2 masters degrees or something).. always asked about my wife and kids.. ect.. but it just got to a point where i got sick of hearing it about the bills.. even on the points we agreed on, like drew bledsoe being a bad qb, it was just overkill.

i talked to him once last year.. he called to ask if i was interested in writing a draft article for a new site he was working with.. i was in the middle of a snowboarding trip and forgot about it.. havent heard from him since.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
man, talk about a classic case concerning the perspective on that 1/2 glass of water.

yeah... everyone loves the half empty glass guy.. rofl.. look at his latest Neg he gave me after he read my post with 10 positive things i saw about the team... :rofl:

guess you're a "glass half full" kind of guy- unfortunately it's half full of anti-freeze and you obviously drank the first half because this post shows obvious signs of brain damage. Op

haha.. yeah.. he wants to see the bills win.. :up:

just like wys.. if we won the superbowl.. he would post about how we didnt win by enough.. or that gandy had a penalty during the game and mcgee gave up a 19 yard pass for a first down..

:lol:

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 10:20 PM
just like wys.. if we won the superbowl.. he would post about how we didnt win by enough.. or that gandy had a penalty during the game and mcgee gave up a 19 yard pass for a first down..

:lol:

yeah, I keep repeating myself and you keep calling me Wys. You still haven't addressed your BS comments about me being so happy that I'm right even though I didn't even bring that up until you started getting on my case.

I think your draft party story about sums it up- you're pissed at Wys and since he's not here, you're taking it out on me. Damn, Freud would have a field day with you.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 10:53 PM
:rofl:

yeah.. i am pissed at wys, who i havent talked to for 9 months, for being annoying to discuss football with? :lmao:

your a genious.. wow.. did you major in psych? your just annoying as **** just like him.. sorry that you remind me of him. the similarities are just uncanny.. you two would be great together though.. are you sure your not his son or something? cousin maybe?

what is there to address about you being more happy about being right than the bills winning? of coarse your not going to say that directly.. your and idiot, but not that big an idiot..

your attitude just oozes self rightousness.. your comments about the team are all laced with a pile of **** because your incapable of saying anything positive about the team.. why you bother calling yourself a fan is beyond me.. because i cant see how you get ANY enjoyment out of watching a game "knowing" they will lose.. while typing on a message board how bad they suck all throughout the game.. to fans who want to hope that we can pull one out.. or your busy tainting a good hard earned win by listing why the texans win means nothing.. :rofl:

when you go to work.. and your coworkers start talking football and one says "you root for the bills? they suck".. i bet you just say "yeah.. they do" and keep walking.. huge fan, you are.

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 11:03 PM
when you go to work.. and your coworkers start talking football and one says "you root for the bills? they suck".. i bet you just say "yeah.. they do" and keep walking.. huge fan, you are.

actually, people ask me "What happened to the Bills yesterday" and I respond with a 20 minute tirade listing all the same problems that I listed here. I don't see how complaining about the team means I'm not a fan. I want them to be good- they're not- so I ***** about it.

I'm sorry if it ruins the game for you to read this board and see what should be obvious to anyone who was watching the same game I was. I wish I had your ability to stick my head in the sand and believe we can win the game when the game's 1/3 over and we have 18 yards of total offense and our D had been on the field for over a quarter in 95 degree heat.

So you can spend your Sunday nights going "goddammit, I can't believe the Bills lost". Maybe it doesn't work this way for you, but it takes some of the sting out of it when I'm expecting it.

Oh and by the way, if I'm down on the team, how come I wasn't *****ing about them all last week after the Houston win? I might have made one or two mild comments about Edwards or the red zone offense, but I also said good things about Lindell, Losman and others. Of course you won't mention that because then I won't fit your characterization of me as "Wys Jr.".

If I see **** on the field, I'll comment on it. If I see good stuff on the field, I won't say anything. What's the problem with that?

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 11:08 PM
actually, people ask me "What happened to the Bills yesterday" and I respond with a 20 minute tirade listing all the same problems that I listed here.

oh.. so like wys.. you just chase your coworkers off with obnoxious whining.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 11:10 PM
HAHAHA.. i just noticed this!

under your profile..

How did you find our site?:
Mark Weiler told me

just go ahead and admit it.. your Mark Weiler.. aka.. Wys

sure mark "told you about it".. and you happen to be from the same place.

had anyone ever seen you two together?

:comedy:

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 11:19 PM
HAHAHA.. i just noticed this!

under your profile..

just go ahead and admit it.. your Mark Weiler.. aka.. Wys

sure mark "told you about it".. and you happen to be from the same place.

had anyone ever seen you two together?

:comedy:

that's right- I can just magically hide Mark's extra six inches and 75 pounds.
I really don't care if you call me Wys- I'm sick of this argument and I'm through replying to you. You can go ahead and say "well at least we're as good as Miami and New York". I'll go live in the real world and accept the fact that this team has issues and probably won't be doing jack **** this year. And when we don't do jack ****, I'll be ready for it and you'll be crying into your Buffalo Wings with Wys Guy sauce.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 11:24 PM
that's right- I can just magically hide Mark's extra six inches and 75 pounds.
I really don't care if you call me Wys- I'm sick of this argument and I'm through replying to you. You can go ahead and say "well at least we're as good as Miami and New York". I'll go live in the real world and accept the fact that this team has issues and probably won't be doing jack **** this year. And when we don't do jack ****, I'll be ready for it and you'll be crying into your Buffalo Wings with Wys Guy sauce.

actually.. your the one who got so touchy about being called wys.. it probably is you, mark..

you mentioned again that we are only as good as the jets and miami.. and forgot to mention the superbowl champs.. selective to your advantage as ususual..

you continue annoying the **** out of all those around you by ranting about the same thing over and over again and telling everyone you know how your a huge bills fan who does nothing but **** on the team.. all the time..

and when the season is over.. if we win.. i will be happy.. and if we lose.. i will be sad.. and i am sure you wont be sad if we lose because you "got ready for it" by crying like a ***** all season.. either that.. or you it wont bother you because your not actually a fan..

either way.. have fun, real fan.

:bf1:

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 11:29 PM

just to show you how much it doesnt bother him, OP left this neg for me.. which happens to be 4 in a row.. lol.. he is giving everyone pos reps so he can quick neg me again. good work buddy.

just call me wys one more time- no one's sick of it yet- Op

actually, the only thing everyone is sick of is your "the bills suck and have no chance of winning" attitude.. feel the pain comes across as a bigger bills fan than you do.

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
by the way OP/Wys.. you really dont have to hide height or weight on a message board.. just so you know.. you just change our user name after you ruined your appeal with your previous one.. just wanted to make sure you know that we cant actually see you typing.. in case you were paraniod.

jmb1099
09-21-2005, 12:45 AM
I know I shouldn't get in the middle of this, but I need to chime in or I won't sleep. OPV...I don't know you so what I am going to say is only based upon your posts and not you as a person so please keep that in mind when I say that your posts in this thread have not had enough factual backing to be credible. I'm not trying to over simplify what you're saying, but the repeated message I continue to hear in your posts is "the Bills suck". First of all this is an assessment that cannot even really be made until 4 games in and here's why...we've seen one good game and one lousy one. We haven't seen how the team will handle the adversity of losing so there is no way to know how they will handle this. The Tampa game had at least two intangibles that shouldn't be excuses, but are factors nonetheless: Home opener and heat. Now its no big secret that in this game we got it handed to us, but you cannot (even though you may want to) discredit the first game.
You made mention about not being impressed by the offense: I have to say that while I'm not overly impressed, I expect to be because I can see the potential and have witnessed good play from the unit.
Defense: It is not possible to stop every team on every play, the Ravens couldn't pull it off, the bears couldn't pull it off, no defense has ever been flawless. Special teams: last year was a near record season, the law of averages says that this will not happen every year. Part of special teams is Lindell and Morman...they have looked good. Finally you are entitled to complain and be miserable about the team all you want, just like I can be as happy and hopeful all that I want. Its only the second game and I think the thread title summed it up best...relax.

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 10:05 AM
I know I shouldn't get in the middle of this, but I need to chime in or I won't sleep. OPV...I don't know you so what I am going to say is only based upon your posts and not you as a person so please keep that in mind when I say that your posts in this thread have not had enough factual backing to be credible. I'm not trying to over simplify what you're saying, but the repeated message I continue to hear in your posts is "the Bills suck". First of all this is an assessment that cannot even really be made until 4 games in and here's why...we've seen one good game and one lousy one. We haven't seen how the team will handle the adversity of losing so there is no way to know how they will handle this. The Tampa game had at least two intangibles that shouldn't be excuses, but are factors nonetheless: Home opener and heat. Now its no big secret that in this game we got it handed to us, but you cannot (even though you may want to) discredit the first game.
You made mention about not being impressed by the offense: I have to say that while I'm not overly impressed, I expect to be because I can see the potential and have witnessed good play from the unit.
Defense: It is not possible to stop every team on every play, the Ravens couldn't pull it off, the bears couldn't pull it off, no defense has ever been flawless. Special teams: last year was a near record season, the law of averages says that this will not happen every year. Part of special teams is Lindell and Morman...they have looked good. Finally you are entitled to complain and be miserable about the team all you want, just like I can be as happy and hopeful all that I want. Its only the second game and I think the thread title summed it up best...relax.

:posrep:

great post.

The_Philster
09-21-2005, 03:20 PM
:posrep:great post.and he did it without personal attacks ;)

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
and he did it without personal attacks ;)

well you can just keep negging me and not leaving your name, like a jill.

:nervous:

The_Philster
09-21-2005, 08:03 PM
well you can just keep negging me and not leaving your name, like a jill.:rolleyes::nervous:or you could follow the TOS and not worry about getting negged...I agree with a lot of what you're saying..Op is overly negative and yeah, it gets tiring...but name-calling is childish and a detriment to the debate

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
or you could follow the TOS and not worry about getting negged...I agree with a lot of what you're saying..Op is overly negative and yeah, it gets tiring...but name-calling is childish and a detriment to the debate

what does that have to do with negging someone and not leaving your name?

:idunno:

i like name calling.. i am the most childish 30 year old you will ever meet.. :D