PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing back from Defeat is always Improtant

ghz in pittsburgh
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
No doubt that the Falcons and other teams to follow will try to do the same things to Losman. He needs to show them next week that he can do a decent job against the cover 2 variations.

One can only learn by keep fighting against it. In NFL you will get your chance because teams will ask you to do so. We'll see if Losman is a fast learner.

Honestly I believe our defense will bounce back. Forget about the all time great stuff. This is a good defense, not a great defense. There are too many play makers and veterans for it to stay in funk for long. And I don't think Pat Williams would make a difference if he played for the Bills yesterday. Going back to last season, we've seen enough of this D to believe that they'll be respectable - totally destroy weak offense but look very average against good offense.

The special team will be first rated but not a game breaker like last year. Teams will pay a lot of attention to our special team this year.

Losman's improvement, by all accounts, remains our best chance to succeed this season. He plays the most important position, and has the most upside than any other offensive players we have. Will he improve by months, by years, or by games? I'm sure the management sees that, too. Maybe they put too much on the kid by asking him to do what he did in Tampa based on Week one showing.

I want to see a better showing next week from Losman, not for solving all the problems, but at least some, like willingness to throw the ball to a tight coverage, look off safeties, etc.