PDA

View Full Version : Low point

Patrick76777
09-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Last year after that night game in Foxboro was just about as low as I’ve felt as a Bills fan. I started to wonder if this team would ever be good again. The QB was awful and the D looked bad. I started to think that we were a cursed franchise and doomed to be a last place team forever.

I don’t feel close to that today. These losses happen. They happen to every team. We’ll bounce back. I just want to see improvement from JP as we go along. We have 5 very winnable games in a row coming up. 3 of the next 4 at home! No reason why we can’t be 5-3 at the break. Atlanta, at NO, Miami, NY Jets at Oakland. I think we can win 4 of those.

And I think Tampa Bay is much better then most including myself gave them credit for! There’s no reason to think that that Tampa Bay doesn’t win the NFC this year. Who’s going to stop them. Philly’s the only team in the NFC that I think is head and shoulders better and I could see Tampa punching them in the face and beating them.

Patrick76777
09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Last year after that night game in Foxboro was just about as low as I’ve felt as a Bills fan. I started to wonder if this team would ever be good again. The QB was awful and the D looked bad. I started to think that we were a cursed franchise and doomed to be a last place team forever.

I don’t feel close to that today. These losses happen. They happen to every team. We’ll bounce back. I just want to see improvement from JP as we go along. We have 5 very winnable games in a row coming up. 3 of the next 4 at home! No reason why we can’t be 5-3 at the break. Atlanta, at NO, Miami, NY Jets at Oakland. I think we can win 4 of those.

And I think Tampa Bay is much better then most including myself gave them credit for! There’s no reason to think that that Tampa Bay doesn’t win the NFC this year. Who’s going to stop them. Philly’s the only team in the NFC that I think is head and shoulders better and I could see Tampa punching them in the face and beating them.

Plus this game means nothing in playoff tiebreakers.

LtBillsFan66
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
For me, feeling the lowest, no. Most surprised, yes. I think. The newer stuff always seems to stand out more--obviously. Knowing everyone in the AFC East is 1-1 makes me feel better. The season starts over again. I am a little concerned though. But I don't write off the rest of the season just from one stink bomb.

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Plus this game means nothing in playoff tiebreakers.
I agree with this.

The Raider loss last year was bad, because you knew they sucked.

Patrick76777
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
I agree with this.

The Raider loss last year was bad, because you knew they sucked.

It's so true. If we go 10-6 and 0-4 in the NFC, we're in the playoffs.

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 02:59 PM

The Jets don't scare me but they're a division opponent so they'll play us tough. NO is playing on Katrina adrenaline that will run out soon- I think that game's winnable if the location isn't a distraction.

But Miami's not as bad as they were last year (although probably not as good as they looked in Week 1)- if we couldn't stop Williams, what makes you think we'll be able to stop Brown? Vick? Dunn? Randy Moss? Atlanta and Miami also have good defenses, and we've seen how well we do in that situation....

Our only chance against Atlanta is if Jerry Gray's schemes confuse Michael Vick enough to lead to turnovers. The Raiders' offense will play us tough- their DB's suck so if JP can't throw against them, we're in big trouble. Also, Norv Turner is a moron and if Mularkey can't outcoach him, he should be fired on the spot. And if we can't shut down Miami's running game, it's going to look an awful lot like the TB game.