PDA

View Full Version : What is your biggest concern?

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Discuss....

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
The OL.
I didn't see any holes being opened up for Willis (but he wasn't running that great either).

DMBcrew36
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
McGahee

I thought he started out slow against a mediochre Houston D. I thought he was mediochre during preseason games. I thought he looked horrible against Tampa.

I don't know what the problem is, but they need to fix it, and fast.

There is a strong correlation between this team winning and McGahee achieving over 100 yards. He better get more yards or we're in for a long season.

Yeah, I know a lot of it has to do with the offensive line, but still!

TacklimgDummy
09-19-2005, 02:34 PM
o line

TacklingDummy
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
o line

Cute Name.

OpIv37
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
OL. I think a lot of JP's and especially Willis' struggles have been due to their lack of performance.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2005, 03:01 PM
OL. I think a lot of JP's and especially Willis' struggles have been due to their lack of performance.
After watching the game on tape, I have to agree. Not as though this is a surprise to me. However, I also have to admit WM is not making me feel warm and fuzzy at this point either. I can only hope his problems are in his head (inury fear or lack of confidence in the OL) and not in his knee. Otherwise he may need another year like Edge did...or worse, he may never get to the elite status.

BSXIII
09-19-2005, 03:01 PM
This teams biggest problem is an incompetent GM.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2005, 03:03 PM
:movie:

sdbillsfan2
09-19-2005, 04:16 PM
As fair as the poll goes .....I voted OL for the same reasons stated by many others ! Can it be fixed ..yes .will it be fixed fast enough ? good question .
I say this half jokingly (and Only half ) my biggest concern is that guys like Jp, willis, and whoever else is being called the scape goat of the week don't believe this about themselves !
Maybe we're not as good as what some of us like to think .and definitly not in as much trouble as some fair weather fans would have you think ! I saw guys like Bradshaw throw something like 21 ints his first year as a starter (6 tds the same year ). the problems hit every team..we just got our clock cleaned this past sunday.
But tell me this how many people will be watching next sunday!!!

Concerned ? you bet your ass ...But isn't that what being a Bills fan is all about ? Seems to me the Rams once played in L.A. ..no concern ,no fans .no support ! hello St. L...

for what it's worth BSXIII..is right ,,it all starts at the top

EDS
09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
This teams biggest problem is an incompetent GM.

In what way is he incompetent? I think TD has done an excellent job of acquiring talent and being proactive in making coaching changes.

Night Train
09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Right now, it's coaching/game planning.

Coaches have to learn their team and play to their strengths. Plus they must learn to adjust quickly during the game, when the opposition switches tactics.

Yesterday, the playcalling was all over the place. If the opposition is stacking the line, then the Bills may be wise to run 3,4 WR sets with a single back and let JP hit the short routes on rollouts. Spread out the opposing D and create some lanes. Move the chains. Also give the ball to Willis on delays, draws, counters etc. Who are we kidding with that power running set ? That isn't our OL at all. Shelton is a good blocker but they might as well announce over the PA that they are going to run, when he's in there. Stack the line and watch Willis get stuffed.

It's a learning process for Mularkey also with JP at QB and hopefully, they figure this out.

DynaPaul
09-19-2005, 04:31 PM
McGahee. Why? Because he hasn't shown any kind of patience. Every time he gets the ball you can tell that he's looking for the big run. He's not content to just go for a first down or a solid gain, he wants to rip off a touchdown everytime he touches it. While he dances around looking for a huge hole defenders swarm in and get him in the backfield. The guy has to realize that we need yardage, if a big hole opens up for the endzone then go for it but it's not going to be like that every play.

Night Train
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
McGahee

I thought he started out slow against a mediochre Houston D. I thought he was mediochre during preseason games. I thought he looked horrible against Tampa.

I don't know what the problem is, but they need to fix it, and fast.

There is a strong correlation between this team winning and McGahee achieving over 100 yards. He better get more yards or we're in for a long season.

Yeah, I know a lot of it has to do with the offensive line, but still!
What was very alarming was his lack of burst at the line of scrimmage. God, did he look slow. Sometimes, he did have a clear lane and seemed to have his feet stuck in mud.