PDA

View Full Version : IT WAS REALLY REALLY HOT AT THE GAME!

Mitchy moo
09-19-2005, 02:50 PM
It would have been a different game if the temp was 30 degrees lower!

I was at the game yesterday and the field temps were very high (stands also). Many Bills fans there and lots of support. The was no breeze and the fans were blowing mist on the Bills sidelines. The Tampa players had no mister sand seemed to really enjoy the heat.

If this game was played in a more reasonable climate (30 degress less on the field) I think it would of came out different. Our team was not ready and looked like we tired out after the second quarter started. A little cloud cover or some wind might have helped but it was just downright miserable and a lousy time to have us visit Tampa.

I live in FL and thought it to be nearly unbearable just sitting in the stands so If I had to run in it, I would safely say it would have sucked.

I think were just fine and JP will bounce back nicely and take practice more seriously, we'll be fine.

tampabay25690
09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
It would have been a different game if the temp was 30 degrees lower!

I was at the game yesterday and the field temps were very high (stands also). Many Bills fans there and lots of support. The was no breeze and the fans were blowing mist on the Bills sidelines. The Tampa players had no mister sand seemed to really enjoy the heat.

If this game was played in a more reasonable climate (30 degress less on the field) I think it would of came out different. Our team was not ready and looked like we tired out after the second quarter started. A little cloud cover or some wind might have helped but it was just downright miserable and a lousy time to have us visit Tampa.

I live in FL and thought it to be nearly unbearable just sitting in the stands so If I had to run in it, I would safely say it would have sucked.

I think were just fine and JP will bounce back nicely and take practice more seriously, we'll be fine.

I agree the wether was absolutely awful..........But when you get paid that type of $$ you should be prepared for the game anyway.....

Tiburon1724
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I completely agree. I've lived in FL 11 years and never complain about heat, but that was unbearable yesterday. I thought about retreating to the shade for a few minutes on several occassions and I'm burnt as *** today!! I couldn't even stand sitting there let alone play football!!! On the Bills' challenge someone nearby said "it's too hot for a challenge!" I had to agree. The heat index was easily 100 degrees, direct sunlight all game long.

MarvLevy
09-19-2005, 03:18 PM
I was thinking about the weather as a factor, but didn't wanna make more excuses.

Buckets
09-19-2005, 03:23 PM
I agree the wether was absolutely awful..........But when you get paid that type of $$ you should be prepared for the game anyway.....

I agree with you, it was hot for both sides. The weather in buffalo was hot and humid during training camp, I still have family up there and they were complaining about high 80s and low 90s.

Great tailgate party wish the outcome was different.

GreenMachine
09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey, it is no different than if the Bucs came to Buffalo in late december. You have to adjust.

Historian
09-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Both sides had to play in it.

And this was the hottest summer in Buffalo since they began measuring weather in the 1870's.

They should have been beter mentally prepared.

DynaPaul
09-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey, it is no different than if the Bucs came to Buffalo in late december. You have to adjust.

And that's a big problem I have right now. The Bucs have never been in Buffalo in December. The Bucs have never been in Buffalo EVER.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I was thinking about the weather as a factor, but didn't wanna make more excuses.
Excuses don't pay the bills but I assure you that unless your used to it, exhaustion is the only outcome. Like I said, I live here in FL and It was a virtual oven. I seen many people leave the stands because they couldn't take the heat much less run or punt, pass or kick in it. They live in FL full time as well.

The heat index was above 100 degrees for most of the game, that is not normal. It also explains the lackluster display and almost lack of effort look that came about.

Typ0
09-19-2005, 08:12 PM
it doesn't explain anything. any team that is well coached comes out with playoff fire every Sunday as it literally can be the game that makes the difference. This is the NFL and we play football in any weather or circumstance...and we need to be prepared.

Mike13
09-19-2005, 09:24 PM
I completely agree. I've lived in FL 11 years and never complain about heat, but that was unbearable yesterday. I thought about retreating to the shade for a few minutes on several occassions and I'm burnt as *** today!! I couldn't even stand sitting there let alone play football!!! On the Bills' challenge someone nearby said "it's too hot for a challenge!" I had to agree. The heat index was easily 100 degrees, direct sunlight all game long.
The heat and humidity are worse in Miami, i have lived here all of my life and I am used to the heat, but you guys are right even for Florida this heat is abnormal it shouldnt be this way, its really strange.

Mitchy moo
09-20-2005, 07:49 AM
The heat and humidity are worse in Miami, i have lived here all of my life and I am used to the heat, but you guys are right even for Florida this heat is abnormal it shouldnt be this way, its really strange.
Brutal would probably be a better word for it.

Philagape
09-20-2005, 07:54 AM
The heat didn't bother me much. I expected it.

What I don't like about the stadium is their jumbotron shaped like a movie screen ....

don137
09-20-2005, 07:56 AM
Both sides had to play in it.

And this was the hottest summer in Buffalo since they began measuring weather in the 1870's.

They should have been beter mentally prepared.

Even a hot summer in Buffalo does not equal playing a full 60 minutes in the heat they endured in Florida. Florida teams have the same advantage in September that northern teams have in December.
I was worried about the heat being a factor last week because it will be easy to wear defenses down in this type of heat. Unfortunately the offense did nothing to help the defense out.
The heat is a factor but you can't use it as an excuse since both teams have to play in it. Its just one team is more acclimated to it.