X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone's Postgame Report Card: Bills vs. Buccaneers

JP Losman safety 9-18-05_1.jpgQuarterbacks: JP Losman helped bring us back to reality. He made us realize that he is still pretty much a rookie and will struggle at times. Losman was 12/28 for 113 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions. However, most of that was during garbage time, when the Bucs were in prevent mode. He also ran the ball 4 times for 13 yards, including one play where he scrambled backwards in the end zone and threw the ball away just after stepping out of bounds. The play resulted in a safety. A relentless Tampa Bay pass rush constantly harassed Losman. This pressure caused Losman to hurry his throws and led to some pretty terrible throws. He couldn’t get in sync with any of his receivers. Losman was benched towards the end of the game to help settle him down. Kelly Holcomb didn’t fare any better. He was 2/3 for –1 yard. JP Losman did return on the next series and took the team downfield, but the offense fell flat once they reached the red zone. Overall it was a pretty bad day for our rookie quarterback. Let’s hope that he learned some things and it will help him grow. Grade: F

Running Backs: Willis McGahee couldn’t get anything going either. He struggled to find any holes and couldn’t get outside like he likes to. McGahee ran the ball 13 times for 34 yards. Willis did a lot of dancing around behind the line of scrimmage and didn’t come close to breaking one. His longest run was for 14 yards. Instead of hitting the little holes that were there, McGahee kept trying to bounce outside and you really can’t do that against the Tampa Bay defense. Also, we still have yet to see that burst that we all thought we would. Let’s hope he shows it soon, because this offensive line isn’t going to give him many holes to run through. Shaud Williams was used sparingly and didn’t run the ball at all. He did have 3 catches for 22 yards though. Daimon Shelton didn’t touch the ball all day and didn’t help open up any holes either. Overall it was not good. On a day when JP Losman and the defense desperately needed the backs to help move the chains and chew the clock, they failed.
    Grade: F

CLICK HERE FOR MORE...

Don't forget to check out the front page for this article and many more. Go to Http://www.billszone.com
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Re: BillsZone's Postgame Report Card: Bills vs. Buccaneers

I agree with all the grades EXCEPT for coaching, which I would give an double F minus.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by AndreReed83
      I agree with all the grades EXCEPT for coaching, which I would give an double F minus.

AGREE 100%............Was one of the worst coaching displays ever.....How can you not drop in shotgun and throw deep at least 2 times in a game, I just dont understand....SIngle coverage all day...
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• dannyek71
        Drink Responsibly
        • Dec 2004

THROW THE BALL DEEP TO LEE MORE
        [

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
          THROW THE BALL DEEP TO LEE MORE
          Agreed.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

the special teams stunk too.B- was too high of a grade.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              the special teams stunk too.B- was too high of a grade.
              agreed...T-Mac had one nice return but other than that, we looked awful
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                JP Losman safety 9-18-05_1.jpgQuarterbacks: JP Losman helped bring us back to reality. He made us realize that he is still pretty much a rookie and will struggle at times. Losman was 12/28 for 113 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions. However, most of that was during garbage time, when the Bucs were in prevent mode. He also ran the ball 4 times for 13 yards, including one play where he scrambled backwards in the end zone and threw the ball away just after stepping out of bounds. The play resulted in a safety. A relentless Tampa Bay pass rush constantly harassed Losman. This pressure caused Losman to hurry his throws and led to some pretty terrible throws. He couldn’t get in sync with any of his receivers. Losman was benched towards the end of the game to help settle him down. Kelly Holcomb didn’t fare any better. He was 2/3 for –1 yard. JP Losman did return on the next series and took the team downfield, but the offense fell flat once they reached the red zone. Overall it was a pretty bad day for our rookie quarterback. Let’s hope that he learned some things and it will help him grow. Grade: F

Running Backs: Willis McGahee couldn’t get anything going either. He struggled to find any holes and couldn’t get outside like he likes to. McGahee ran the ball 13 times for 34 yards. Willis did a lot of dancing around behind the line of scrimmage and didn’t come close to breaking one. His longest run was for 14 yards. Instead of hitting the little holes that were there, McGahee kept trying to bounce outside and you really can’t do that against the Tampa Bay defense. Also, we still have yet to see that burst that we all thought we would. Let’s hope he shows it soon, because this offensive line isn’t going to give him many holes to run through. Shaud Williams was used sparingly and didn’t run the ball at all. He did have 3 catches for 22 yards though. Daimon Shelton didn’t touch the ball all day and didn’t help open up any holes either. Overall it was not good. On a day when JP Losman and the defense desperately needed the backs to help move the chains and chew the clock, they failed.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE...

Don't forget to check out the front page for this article and many more. Go to Http://www.billszone.com

Mikey I'm sick of you whining about this team. If you don't have anything good to say, you're just like Wys and you're not a real fan.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Mikey I'm sick of you whining about this team. If you don't have anything good to say, you're just like Wys and you're not a real fan.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

your comments were good, but i can't dig too hard off your grades.

the O-line and WRs were closer to C and C-. JP had time sometimes and the WRs got open but didn't get passes.

the special teams grade was good, two bad punts is all we had. we punted how many times? our coverage teams did well and our blocking and run backs were OK if not good. our special teams played above average, but not by much.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                      your comments were good, but i can't dig too hard off your grades.

the O-line and WRs were closer to C and C-. JP had time sometimes and the WRs got open but didn't get passes.

the special teams grade was good, two bad punts is all we had. we punted how many times? our coverage teams did well and our blocking and run backs were OK if not good. our special teams played above average, but not by much.
                      oline had terrible blocking for the run game. there wasnt a single hole. and they didn't give Losman enough time to find an open receiver. Yes the receivers weren't totally at fault, but the fact that Eric Moulds only had 1 pass for 8 yards and Lee Evans 2 for 21 or something like that...that's insane. They werent open. they were covered nicely for most of the game and couldnt get away from the coverage.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Good job Mikey, excpt that Coaches get an F for not getting this team prepared to play.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Harsh, Mikey, but fair. I actually think you graded the special teams and coaching a little high. Even Moorman was ineffective.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Harsh, Mikey, but fair. I actually think you graded the special teams and coaching a little high. Even Moorman was ineffective.
                            IMO, Moorman was the only one that wasn't effective on Special Teams. And the more i think about it, the more I think that I should have given the coaching an F.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              Quarterbacks: JP Losman helped bring us back to reality. He made us realize that he is still pretty much a rookie and will struggle at times. Losman was 12/28 for 113 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions. However, most of that was during garbage time, when the Bucs were in prevent mode. He also ran the ball 4 times for 13 yards, including one play where he scrambled backwards in the end zone and threw the ball away just after stepping out of bounds. The play resulted in a safety. A relentless Tampa Bay pass rush constantly harassed Losman. This pressure caused Losman to hurry his throws and led to some pretty terrible throws. He couldn’t get in sync with any of his receivers. Losman was benched towards the end of the game to help settle him down. Kelly Holcomb didn’t fare any better. He was 2/3 for –1 yard. JP Losman did return on the next series and took the team downfield, but the offense fell flat once they reached the red zone. Overall it was a pretty bad day for our rookie quarterback. Let’s hope that he learned some things and it will help him grow. Grade: F

CLICK HERE FOR MORE...

Pretty good work Mikey!!!

But, no new pictures yet???
                              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                              X