X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills finally in synch about how poorly they played

Quarterback J.P. Losman felt like he was punched in the mouth. Guard Chris Villarrial called it embarrassing.

The good news Monday is the Buffalo Bills offense is finally on the same page about one thing. Unfortunately, the players were in tune describing how badly out of synch they were in a sloppy 19-3 loss at Tampa Bay on Sunday.

"It was frustrating. I'm upset about it," Losman said. "It's like you've been punched in the mouth." http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap...y.asp?ID=65315
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Bills finally in synch about how poorly they played

JP needs to be punched in the mouth ten times to get rid of that girly voice.

He sounds like one of R. Kelly's girlfriends. (Actually he'd get pissed on not punched in the face if he was)
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

The part I like best is the part that followed that punch in the mouth comment. He goes on to say that he doesnt like it, and he wants to take it out on the next team.

Then he goes on and says he missed throws and that is unacceptable in the NFL. He then says that losing is not acceptable on this team.

Nice to hear our QB take ownership of bad plays and not talk all this crap about himself and how its "his" team.

I said this before. JP having a bad game is inevitable, its what he does AFTER that that counts. Is his words about taking it out on the next team true or just talk, we will have to see.

I think his attitude is exactly what we need. Its not non-chalant, ive done it all and am unaccountable like Drew/ Its not ra ra with severe physical limitations like Flutie, and its not lets go surf I dont care like RJ. Its losing is unacceptable, I take ownership over my game, and I plan to take it out on my opponents like Kelly!

Say what you will, JP is playing no better and no worse than he should after 2 starts. If anything I think he is doing better than expected. His attitude will make him special and the exact type of leader we have so badly needed

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

"Losing stinks," Losman said. "You can't say anything good for losing. I don't believe in moral victories. Losing is not good and it's not going to be accepted with me or this organization."
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tinboy
          • Aug 2004

JP sound very mature and it's a good thing. Nice too see that they blame themself and wants to win the next game.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

JP definitely has the right attitude. We'll see Sunday whether it translates into a better performance on the field.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
              JP needs to be punched in the mouth ten times to get rid of that girly voice.

He sounds like one of R. Kelly's girlfriends. (Actually he'd get pissed on not punched in the face if he was)
              You should try it.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                JP definitely has the right attitude.
                And then some.

My brother-in-law's Dad, starting driving limo after he retired, just for some side cash. It's easy work, he makes great tips, and he's licensed to drive a full size bus if necessary.

Anyways, his owner gives him a fare one day (last May) to pick up a "special person". He goes downtown and picks up Losman at those fancy new condos. He takes him out to some Verizon promo on NF Boulevard, but they're not ready for him, so JP asks if he knew the area, so as to find a suitable restaurant to have lunch at.

So he takes him to Roadhouse.

As he opens his door for him, he says, "I'll just pull in back and wait for you, Mr. Losman."

JP replies, "The heck you are. You don't expect me to eat all by myself do you? Park the car, and I'll buy you lunch."

Over lunch, he tells him about his family, how he has like half a dozen real brothers and sisters, and half a dozen adopted ones...polite chit chat.

Then he says, "I know I have an awful lot to learn. The Bills have placed an awful lot on my shoulders, but I can handle it." "I just hope the fans, who seem really nice, allow me the time to develop myself into an NFL calibre quarterback."

I got this story over the 4th of July, and the Father in Law said that he was amazed at the maturity level of this 24 year old player. Polite, articulate, and a deep thinker. He also stated that Clements lives in the condo next to him, and that after a long day of practice, the two of them go home and study film together in Clement's apartment.

Trust me...this guy is special. He just needs the time to adjust to the pro game.

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

i like his drive, but he needs to settle down so he is under control in games.

yet again, we need to run that kid for some first downs, it will F up the D all over the place and if the chains keep moving we do all kinds of things.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Jake Delhomme had a bad game against the Patriots this past weekend and in the Charlotte paper Panthers Head Coach Joh Fox said "if you haven't played a bad game at QB in this league then you haven't played in this league." The same can be said for Losman. Everyone is going have a bad game especially when they are learning. I know JP has his act together mentally. Lets hope he learns from it puts it behind him and improves physically. The tools are there.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                      And then some.My brother-in-law's Dad, starting driving limo after he retired, just for some side cash. It's easy work, he makes great tips, and he's licensed to drive a full size bus if necessary. Anyways, his owner gives him a fare one day (last May) to pick up a "special person". He goes downtown and picks up Losman at those fancy new condos. He takes him out to some Verizon promo on NF Boulevard, but they're not ready for him, so JP asks if he knew the area, so as to find a suitable restaurant to have lunch at. So he takes him to Roadhouse.As he opens his door for him, he says, "I'll just pull in back and wait for you, Mr. Losman." JP replies, "The heck you are. You don't expect me to eat all by myself do you? Park the car, and I'll buy you lunch." Over lunch, he tells him about his family, how he has like half a dozen real brothers and sisters, and half a dozen adopted ones...polite chit chat.Then he says, "I know I have an awful lot to learn. The Bills have placed an awful lot on my shoulders, but I can handle it." "I just hope the fans, who seem really nice, allow me the time to develop myself into an NFL calibre quarterback." I got this story over the 4th of July, and the Father in Law said that he was amazed at the maturity level of this 24 year old player. Polite, articulate, and a deep thinker. He also stated that Clements lives in the condo next to him, and that after a long day of practice, the two of them go home and study film together in Clement's apartment. Trust me...this guy is special. He just needs the time to adjust to the pro game.
                      Very cool
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• bigwoo25
                        • Sep 2005

I totally agree that Losman is still in the learning stage and should be given a bit of a break since it was only his second game. What I haven't seen is any chatter about how poorly the defense played the Bucs passing game. During the entire first half they kept throwing these little dump passes and our defense was 5 yards down field waiting for the guy with the ball to get to them. Once or twice is one thing, but an entire half?? What gives?

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i think enough people have addressed our defense not playing its best.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                            And then some.

My brother-in-law's Dad, starting driving limo after he retired, just for some side cash. It's easy work, he makes great tips, and he's licensed to drive a full size bus if necessary.

Anyways, his owner gives him a fare one day (last May) to pick up a "special person". He goes downtown and picks up Losman at those fancy new condos. He takes him out to some Verizon promo on NF Boulevard, but they're not ready for him, so JP asks if he knew the area, so as to find a suitable restaurant to have lunch at.

So he takes him to Roadhouse.

As he opens his door for him, he says, "I'll just pull in back and wait for you, Mr. Losman."

JP replies, "The heck you are. You don't expect me to eat all by myself do you? Park the car, and I'll buy you lunch."

Over lunch, he tells him about his family, how he has like half a dozen real brothers and sisters, and half a dozen adopted ones...polite chit chat.

Then he says, "I know I have an awful lot to learn. The Bills have placed an awful lot on my shoulders, but I can handle it." "I just hope the fans, who seem really nice, allow me the time to develop myself into an NFL calibre quarterback."

I got this story over the 4th of July, and the Father in Law said that he was amazed at the maturity level of this 24 year old player. Polite, articulate, and a deep thinker. He also stated that Clements lives in the condo next to him, and that after a long day of practice, the two of them go home and study film together in Clement's apartment.

Trust me...this guy is special. He just needs the time to adjust to the pro game.
                            That's some really cool 'inside' info, thanks for sharing, that made me feel even better about JP. I'm behind him 100%

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Good story about JP, Billsology, and good find, Phil. Everyone is saying the right things. That's important. It seems genuine too. Now the question is do they have the determination to make a difference on Sunday afternoon?
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X