PDA

View Full Version : Bills finally in synch about how poorly they played

The_Philster
09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Quarterback J.P. Losman felt like he was punched in the mouth. Guard Chris Villarrial called it embarrassing.

The good news Monday is the Buffalo Bills offense is finally on the same page about one thing. Unfortunately, the players were in tune describing how badly out of synch they were in a sloppy 19-3 loss at Tampa Bay on Sunday.

"It was frustrating. I'm upset about it," Losman said. "It's like you've been punched in the mouth." http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=65315

Crisis
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
JP needs to be punched in the mouth ten times to get rid of that girly voice.

He sounds like one of R. Kelly's girlfriends. (Actually he'd get pissed on not punched in the face if he was)

X-Era
09-19-2005, 08:45 PM
The part I like best is the part that followed that punch in the mouth comment. He goes on to say that he doesnt like it, and he wants to take it out on the next team.

Then he goes on and says he missed throws and that is unacceptable in the NFL. He then says that losing is not acceptable on this team.

Nice to hear our QB take ownership of bad plays and not talk all this crap about himself and how its "his" team.

I said this before. JP having a bad game is inevitable, its what he does AFTER that that counts. Is his words about taking it out on the next team true or just talk, we will have to see.

I think his attitude is exactly what we need. Its not non-chalant, ive done it all and am unaccountable like Drew/ Its not ra ra with severe physical limitations like Flutie, and its not lets go surf I dont care like RJ. Its losing is unacceptable, I take ownership over my game, and I plan to take it out on my opponents like Kelly!

Say what you will, JP is playing no better and no worse than he should after 2 starts. If anything I think he is doing better than expected. His attitude will make him special and the exact type of leader we have so badly needed

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 10:29 PM
"Losing stinks," Losman said. "You can't say anything good for losing. I don't believe in moral victories. Losing is not good and it's not going to be accepted with me or this organization."

Tinboy
09-20-2005, 03:01 AM
JP sound very mature and it's a good thing. Nice too see that they blame themself and wants to win the next game.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2005, 04:40 AM
JP definitely has the right attitude. We'll see Sunday whether it translates into a better performance on the field.

The Spaz
09-20-2005, 05:22 AM
JP needs to be punched in the mouth ten times to get rid of that girly voice.

He sounds like one of R. Kelly's girlfriends. (Actually he'd get pissed on not punched in the face if he was)

You should try it.:up:

Historian
09-20-2005, 07:09 AM
JP definitely has the right attitude.

And then some.

My brother-in-law's Dad, starting driving limo after he retired, just for some side cash. It's easy work, he makes great tips, and he's licensed to drive a full size bus if necessary.

Anyways, his owner gives him a fare one day (last May) to pick up a "special person". He goes downtown and picks up Losman at those fancy new condos. He takes him out to some Verizon promo on NF Boulevard, but they're not ready for him, so JP asks if he knew the area, so as to find a suitable restaurant to have lunch at.

So he takes him to Roadhouse.

As he opens his door for him, he says, "I'll just pull in back and wait for you, Mr. Losman."

JP replies, "The heck you are. You don't expect me to eat all by myself do you? Park the car, and I'll buy you lunch."

Over lunch, he tells him about his family, how he has like half a dozen real brothers and sisters, and half a dozen adopted ones...polite chit chat.

Then he says, "I know I have an awful lot to learn. The Bills have placed an awful lot on my shoulders, but I can handle it." "I just hope the fans, who seem really nice, allow me the time to develop myself into an NFL calibre quarterback."

I got this story over the 4th of July, and the Father in Law said that he was amazed at the maturity level of this 24 year old player. Polite, articulate, and a deep thinker. He also stated that Clements lives in the condo next to him, and that after a long day of practice, the two of them go home and study film together in Clement's apartment.

Trust me...this guy is special. He just needs the time to adjust to the pro game.

colin
09-20-2005, 07:20 AM
i like his drive, but he needs to settle down so he is under control in games.

yet again, we need to run that kid for some first downs, it will F up the D all over the place and if the chains keep moving we do all kinds of things.

don137
09-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Jake Delhomme had a bad game against the Patriots this past weekend and in the Charlotte paper Panthers Head Coach Joh Fox said "if you haven't played a bad game at QB in this league then you haven't played in this league." The same can be said for Losman. Everyone is going have a bad game especially when they are learning. I know JP has his act together mentally. Lets hope he learns from it puts it behind him and improves physically. The tools are there.

The_Philster
09-20-2005, 06:11 PM
And then some.My brother-in-law's Dad, starting driving limo after he retired, just for some side cash. It's easy work, he makes great tips, and he's licensed to drive a full size bus if necessary. Anyways, his owner gives him a fare one day (last May) to pick up a "special person". He goes downtown and picks up Losman at those fancy new condos. He takes him out to some Verizon promo on NF Boulevard, but they're not ready for him, so JP asks if he knew the area, so as to find a suitable restaurant to have lunch at. So he takes him to Roadhouse.As he opens his door for him, he says, "I'll just pull in back and wait for you, Mr. Losman." JP replies, "The heck you are. You don't expect me to eat all by myself do you? Park the car, and I'll buy you lunch." Over lunch, he tells him about his family, how he has like half a dozen real brothers and sisters, and half a dozen adopted ones...polite chit chat.Then he says, "I know I have an awful lot to learn. The Bills have placed an awful lot on my shoulders, but I can handle it." "I just hope the fans, who seem really nice, allow me the time to develop myself into an NFL calibre quarterback." I got this story over the 4th of July, and the Father in Law said that he was amazed at the maturity level of this 24 year old player. Polite, articulate, and a deep thinker. He also stated that Clements lives in the condo next to him, and that after a long day of practice, the two of them go home and study film together in Clement's apartment. Trust me...this guy is special. He just needs the time to adjust to the pro game.Very cool :up:

bigwoo25
09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I totally agree that Losman is still in the learning stage and should be given a bit of a break since it was only his second game. What I haven't seen is any chatter about how poorly the defense played the Bucs passing game. During the entire first half they kept throwing these little dump passes and our defense was 5 yards down field waiting for the guy with the ball to get to them. Once or twice is one thing, but an entire half?? What gives?:shocked: :confused:

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 07:01 PM
i think enough people have addressed our defense not playing its best.

im4bflo
09-20-2005, 07:29 PM
And then some.

My brother-in-law's Dad, starting driving limo after he retired, just for some side cash. It's easy work, he makes great tips, and he's licensed to drive a full size bus if necessary.

Anyways, his owner gives him a fare one day (last May) to pick up a "special person". He goes downtown and picks up Losman at those fancy new condos. He takes him out to some Verizon promo on NF Boulevard, but they're not ready for him, so JP asks if he knew the area, so as to find a suitable restaurant to have lunch at.

As he opens his door for him, he says, "I'll just pull in back and wait for you, Mr. Losman."

JP replies, "The heck you are. You don't expect me to eat all by myself do you? Park the car, and I'll buy you lunch."

Over lunch, he tells him about his family, how he has like half a dozen real brothers and sisters, and half a dozen adopted ones...polite chit chat.

Then he says, "I know I have an awful lot to learn. The Bills have placed an awful lot on my shoulders, but I can handle it." "I just hope the fans, who seem really nice, allow me the time to develop myself into an NFL calibre quarterback."

I got this story over the 4th of July, and the Father in Law said that he was amazed at the maturity level of this 24 year old player. Polite, articulate, and a deep thinker. He also stated that Clements lives in the condo next to him, and that after a long day of practice, the two of them go home and study film together in Clement's apartment.

Trust me...this guy is special. He just needs the time to adjust to the pro game.
That's some really cool 'inside' info, thanks for sharing, that made me feel even better about JP. I'm behind him 100%

TigerJ
09-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Good story about JP, Billsology, and good find, Phil. Everyone is saying the right things. That's important. It seems genuine too. Now the question is do they have the determination to make a difference on Sunday afternoon?

Cntrygal
09-21-2005, 06:36 PM
And then some.

Awesome story! :10:

I totally agree that Losman is still in the learning stage and should be given a bit of a break since it was only his second game. What I haven't seen is any chatter about how poorly the defense played the Bucs passing game. During the entire first half they kept throwing these little dump passes and our defense was 5 yards down field waiting for the guy with the ball to get to them. Once or twice is one thing, but an entire half?? What gives?:shocked: :confused:

:welcome: bigwoo!

Glad to see that you've managed your third post (it only took me 3 years to get you to register :phew: ). By the time you come to the opener next year - you'll probably surpass my post count!! :insane::boozer:

bigwoo25
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the crap Cgal. Good grief, like I don't get enough at work as it is:buddies: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore: I can't hear you!!!

LifetimeBillsFan
09-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the story Billsology and for the original post, Phil!

I can't help liking just about everything that I've heard JP say and the way that he has gone about his business. In my opinion, he really does have the makings of a great one. The only thing I think that he needs to do, beyond getting more experience, is to learn how to control and channel his emotions a little better--I think he sometimes lets his emotions get the better of him. But, I think that this, too, will come with a bit more time and experience.

The thing I think that Bills fans and, especially, the media have to keep in mind is that it simply takes time for a young QB to develop and that, until they do, they are going to be inconsistent and make mistakes. It's going to happen: one game JP will look like a lock for the HOF and the next week he may look like a kid who should be cut from a PeeWee team. I think that most Bills fans know that and will be able to keep things in perspective, but that there are going to be some who are going to go nuts, calling for Holcomb, anytime that JP has a bad game and the Bills lose a game like they did against the Bucs.

Every QB has bad games. As I pointed out in my preview of the Atlanta game on the front page, at one point last week, Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB in the NFL, was 8 for 22 for all of 76 yards with an INT. That's Peyton Manning! And young, inexperienced QBs generally can be counted on to have worse games and more of them: John Elway threw 3 INTs and was pulled at halftime of his first NFL start because he was, by his own admission, totally lost out on the field and still ended up in the HOF. Until he gets enough experience that the game slows down for him, JP is probably going to have some real stinkers. But, has already been said, it's how he responds and whether he learns from those bad games that is going to be critical.

Because JP has the attitude that has been described in this thread, I think he's going to do everything in his power to learn from his mistakes and bounce back. And, that's really all that we can ask of him at this point. While that's no guarantee that he will succeed, personally, I think that he will because, as I see it, that's already half of the battle. And, I really hope that he does--not just because I'm a Bills fan, but because he sounds like the kind of guy who deserves to have his efforts rewarded with success.