PDA

View Full Version : Drew's success

MarvLevy
09-19-2005, 10:30 PM
If Drew has a pretty good year (stats better than last years and 9 wins) we have to look at our front office and coaching staff. Something isn't right with that. He sure looks like he is on his way.

chubluv
09-19-2005, 10:51 PM
If Drew was here for the last 2 games I'm sure the results would be the same. If you give any QB a running game and time to throw the ball he will make the plays happen. JP was blitzed out of his shoes against TB. Houston didnt do that much blitzing and he was able to pick them apart. Drew is doing the same thing in Dallas. When he is blitzed he looks like the drew of last year, but when they give him the time to get the ball off he looks like the Qb of his early days with the Bills.

RedEyE
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
It's more about the system. We don't have the line to protect Drew. I fully expect the Cowboys and Bledsoe to make the playoffs. That team suits him perfectly.

Slim
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
He looked good the first few games he was in Buffalo.

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2005, 11:09 PM
HAHAHA Redskins just scored! 14-13 late in the 4th

:puke: Cowpokes

Captain Obvious
09-19-2005, 11:30 PM
"Drew has thrown a couple of hoppers in the 4th Quarter".
John Madden September 20, 2005

Drew didn't come thru.

Tatonka
09-19-2005, 11:36 PM
clutch.

Novacane
09-20-2005, 12:00 AM
2 for 10 in the 4th when they really needed him. The Bills FO made the right decision.

Stewie
09-20-2005, 12:21 AM
If Drew has a pretty good year (stats better than last years and 9 wins) we have to look at our front office and coaching staff. Something isn't right with that. He sure looks like he is on his way.

IMO, looks like Drew Bledsoe is on his way to being... drew bledsoe. When the Redskins moved the pocket around, his throws were inaccurate and sloppy. When he has enough time to write, re-read and publish a book, he can make nice throws. Washington needed to rush at least 5 guys to get any pass rush. The book on drew isn't going to change: get in his face and make him move. End of play.

To me, this just says Mularkey should have gone deep a few times against Tampa. See what can happen? Evans and Parrish both the ability to make those plays. Isn't the best way to loosen a cover-2 to go deep early and often?

Put J.P. in the shotgun and let him loose. He's got a cannon, lets see how far he can throw it.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2005, 12:26 AM
2 for 10 in the 4th when they really needed him. The Bills FO made the right decision.

The score was 13-0 Dallas with like less then 4 minutes left in the game. They didn't need Bledsoe, they needed a Defense.

What's up with Greg Williams defense not blitzing Bledsoe? No wonder he's not a head coach anymore.

Night Train
09-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Little doubt. JP is still a work in progress, having only 2 NFL starts. Bledsoe is in year 13 and a proven small time player in crunch time. He made one big play off a flea flicker to open the 3rd. Then the Cowboys couldn't put the Redskins away as DB struggled badly.

Gee, we never experienced that over his last 40 starts in Buffalo, did we ? I see Parcells pulling him before the years out as the Cowboys struggle on Offense.

AndreReed83
09-20-2005, 02:39 AM
Drew really didn't get it done when he needed to. He's been pretty classic at that. He played a solid game early. Still had two fumbles, although they weren't lost. I noticed the Redskins didn't really attack him tonite for some reason.

Philagape
09-20-2005, 08:01 AM
The score was 13-0 Dallas with like less then 4 minutes left in the game. They didn't need Bledsoe, they needed a Defense.

With 2:35 left, needing only to get in FG range, they needed Bledsoe. And he failed. Welcome to Drew World.

justasportsfan
09-20-2005, 08:26 AM
If Drew has a pretty good year (stats better than last years and 9 wins) we have to look at our front office and coaching staff. Something isn't right with that. He sure looks like he is on his way.Yeah right. He's not facing the AFCE teams that know him in and out. I'm glad he's gone even if he plays well. He's not a qb who can win games for you. He can be a Dilfer but not a Farve in his prime. Wasn't Testaverde doing well when he started at Dallas? How long did that last?

mysticsoto
09-20-2005, 08:30 AM

What's up with Greg Williams defense not blitzing Bledsoe? No wonder he's not a head coach anymore.
I was shocked at this too. Same with SD? Don't these people look at Drew's play in Buffalo to determine his weaknesses? Or do they just look at previews of Dallas tapes from previous years (which is useless b'cse there team has changed a great deal). Even Madden made comments that Williams was blitzing 5-10% of the time the whole night, when it should be more like 70-75% at the very least!!! The Redskins could have made the game alot easier for them and won it with ease if they had followed the correct game plan. Instead, they played to Drew's strengths...they are lucky Moss came through for them at the very end to pull out a surprise comeback.

DynaPaul
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I tell ya. Some of you people just haven't learned yet. Drew SEEMS to have a couple of good games and all of a sudden you're questioning our offensive system and thinking that the Cowboys have something we didn't have. Or the worst, that we just didn't know how to use his talents.

Wake up!

He's still the SAME Bledsoe. He'll still make the same goofy mistakes. Drew's talent seems to be in conning innocent folks into thinking that he can be something great with just the right mixture around him.

You're falling for him all over again when he's burned teams twice. A snake don't change his ways.

Keep watching...

Luisito23
09-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Wake up!

Never....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

ZEUS
09-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Bledsoe is as good as he's ever going to be when he's with Parcells and how many times did he get sacked in the superbowl with Green Bay? Bledsoe was the best QB option for Parcells this year. A devil you know is better than a devil you don't know.

MarvLevy
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM
when u need 4 yds for a 1st down, u can always count on Drew to throw it to the guy at 3yds.