• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Drew's Future

I am sure the title of this thread will bring on the DLC and The Amigos. But hear me out.

Drews season is likely to be a successful one. Parcels has customized an Offense that fits Bledoes abilities, one that is almost identical to the 96 Pats and 2002 Bills.

Dallas has a 2nd year RB (Jones) who can handle a work load and be productive in eating the clock and effective on 3rd down. New England had a 2nd year Running Back who possed the same qualities (Martin). Buffalo had a 2nd year RB who also was able to do the same (Henry)

Dallas has a clutch TE who can through a block but also has soft hands and is a great dump off outlet when trying to avoid the blitz(Witten). New England had Coates and even in the ladder part of his career he was pulling in 75 catches. Buffalo had Remiersma who had his worst season with Drew but was still a great outlet to avoid the rush.

Dallas has a nice duo of Speed and possesion recievers Meyshawn and Glenn.
    New England had Jefferson and Glenn. Buffalo had Moulds and Price.

Fullbacks who know how to run after the catch and are dominant in the flats Polite is young but runs hard. Byars was a menance after he caught a pass. And Larry Centers obviously the best ever.

All the key elements are in place for Bledsoe to be successful with the added bonus of not having to play in snow or windy conditions Bledsoe should easily put up 4000 yards this year. Regardless of how many wins Dalls gets.

However, Bledsoe was done in Buffalo, he lost his swagger, and simply would not have succeeded in Mularkeys offense. If Bledsoe had a perfect season in Buffalo with the new offense it would still be nothing like the Bledsoe of old. Buffalo made the right decision going with JP sink or swim. Bledsoe wouldve been less effective, he is simply a gunslinger nothing more nothing less. Another thing thing JP does for the franchise is exposes Donahoe. There is no scapegoat on the team, all the pieces are in place, and by the end of the season TD will ultimately be the hero or the goat.

I know a majority of the board is still following Bledsoe, but to make the comparisson of his play in Dallas to "what couldve been here", just isnt realistic.
    Last edited by The King; 09-20-2005, 05:13 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Drew's Future

Good post I see the similarities you're talking about (though it was 2002, not 2001) and I think with Parcells, who knows Drew's strengths and weaknesses as well as anyone, Drew will have a better season in Dallas this year than he did for us last year
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

I have no hard feelings towards Bledsoe and I wish him success in whatever he does.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Drew is a gentleman and a class act. He played as hard as he could for us, but it just didn't happen. I hope he takes Dallas to the Super Bowl.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

He'll fall apart by week 8 or 9 like he always does.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tinboy
            • Aug 2004

The loss at Redskins wasn't Bledsoe fault, the D should have been able to stop Ramsey and Moss.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

On Dallas' two final drives last night, Drew looked like Drew ... sideline passes too low or too high. After the Skins' go-ahead TD, with the game on the line, he completed three of his final eight passes (not counting a spike)

Anyone could have completed that flea-flicker; Glenn was gone.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                On Dallas' two final drives last night, Drew looked like Drew ... sideline passes too low or too high. After the Skins' go-ahead TD, with the game on the line, he completed three of his final eight passes (not counting a spike)

Anyone could have completed that flea-flicker; Glenn was gone.
                On the final drive, Drew did one thing he did with us...he locked onto 1 receiver. And it was too bad for him and his team b'cse behind that receiver, Washington's LB fell down and the other WR would have been wide open for atleast a 1st down if not more. But Drew had already locked on to someone across the middle who didn't quite get the 1st down. Subsequently, they had to punt and ended up losing the game...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  Good post I see the similarities you're talking about (though it was 2002, not 2001) and I think with Parcells, who knows Drew's strengths and weaknesses as well as anyone, Drew will have a better season in Dallas this year than he did for us last year
                  and with BB who knows his strengths and weaknesses, we would've automatically lost to the Pats 2 games a year. Saban would've done the same. Every year we would've gone 1-5 in the division. Drew isn't gonna take the Cowpokes to the playoffs, Jones and the D will.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Drew is a gentleman and a class act. He played as hard as he could for us, but it just didn't happen. I hope he takes Dallas to the Super Bowl.
                    I hope he doesn't. I don't have any animosity towards Drew but I hate the Cowboys.

On the other hand, at this point I'd be more than happy to see the Drew-led Cowboys upset the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Drew started off on fire when he came to Buffalo too. Lets see how he does about midseason. He has something to prove again like he did when he came to Buffalo.

It doesn't matter how Drew does for the Cowboys. His heart and competitive drive wasn't here in Buffalo anymore. He was just collecting a paycheck.

Comment

• Speaker
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        I am sure the title of this thread will bring on the DLC and The Amigos. But hear me out.

Drews season is likely to be a successful one. Parcels has customized an Offense that fits Bledoes abilities, one that is almost identical to the 96 Pats and 2002 Bills.

Dallas has a 2nd year RB (Jones) who can handle a work load and be productive in eating the clock and effective on 3rd down. New England had a 2nd year Running Back who possed the same qualities (Martin). Buffalo had a 2nd year RB who also was able to do the same (Henry)

Dallas has a clutch TE who can through a block but also has soft hands and is a great dump off outlet when trying to avoid the blitz(Witten). New England had Coates and even in the ladder part of his career he was pulling in 75 catches. Buffalo had Remiersma who had his worst season with Drew but was still a great outlet to avoid the rush.

Dallas has a nice duo of Speed and possesion recievers Meyshawn and Glenn.
                        New England had Jefferson and Glenn. Buffalo had Moulds and Price.

Fullbacks who know how to run after the catch and are dominant in the flats Polite is young but runs hard. Byars was a menance after he caught a pass. And Larry Centers obviously the best ever.

All the key elements are in place for Bledsoe to be successful with the added bonus of not having to play in snow or windy conditions Bledsoe should easily put up 4000 yards this year. Regardless of how many wins Dalls gets.

However, Bledsoe was done in Buffalo, he lost his swagger, and simply would not have succeeded in Mularkeys offense. If Bledsoe had a perfect season in Buffalo with the new offense it would still be nothing like the Bledsoe of old. Buffalo made the right decision going with JP sink or swim. Bledsoe wouldve been less effective, he is simply a gunslinger nothing more nothing less. Another thing thing JP does for the franchise is exposes Donahoe. There is no scapegoat on the team, all the pieces are in place, and by the end of the season TD will ultimately be the hero or the goat.

I know a majority of the board is still following Bledsoe, but to make the comparisson of his play in Dallas to "what couldve been here", just isnt realistic.
                        I agree, strongly. He has the receivers, Keyshawn, Terry, Patrick, Peerless. He has a Tight end, has a great HB, and a good one (A. Thomas) and a fairly good line (much better then buffalo's). I'd love to see him prove every one of you haters wrong. It humors me how i saw on the other buffalo bills board that everyone had "Bledsoe VS Losman 2005" stats in there signature, and there all gone now.
                        Let's Go Buffalo!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Answering the first post.

So another words, Buffalo didn't give Bledsoe the talent or game plan around him to succeed?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Even though Bledsoe did show a lot of class in Buffalo he also was a pretty selfish QB too. When he was playing for us, many times, even though he could dump the ball off short, he would go for the big play and would rather take the risk of a sack or turnover to get it, thus jeopardizing the success of the team. He knew that he was "the man" here and had no fear of the coaches or what they would do to him. I think that he knows better in Dallas because "The Big Tuna" will bench his ass if he starts getting greedy and going for the homerun everytime. He will have his succcesses in Dallas but he will disappear when they need him the most just like he did here.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

I don't know what game you watched but he didn't look so great. In the first quarter they had a lot of maximum protection formations where he was protected by 5 lineman and a running back on either side of him. 7 guys to block and he still got sacked and missed open guys. Quite a few of the passes he did make were at the line of scrimmage to a WR or a back acting as the safety plug. Those went for little to no gain and the receivers were creamed hard by the defense. 2 of them I saw were for losses. I stopped watching the game at halftime so I didn't see what happened after that.

Drew hasn't changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X