PDA

View Full Version : Drew's Future

The King
09-20-2005, 12:34 AM
I am sure the title of this thread will bring on the DLC and The Amigos. But hear me out.

Drews season is likely to be a successful one. Parcels has customized an Offense that fits Bledoes abilities, one that is almost identical to the 96 Pats and 2002 Bills.

Dallas has a 2nd year RB (Jones) who can handle a work load and be productive in eating the clock and effective on 3rd down. New England had a 2nd year Running Back who possed the same qualities (Martin). Buffalo had a 2nd year RB who also was able to do the same (Henry)

Dallas has a clutch TE who can through a block but also has soft hands and is a great dump off outlet when trying to avoid the blitz(Witten). New England had Coates and even in the ladder part of his career he was pulling in 75 catches. Buffalo had Remiersma who had his worst season with Drew but was still a great outlet to avoid the rush.

Dallas has a nice duo of Speed and possesion recievers Meyshawn and Glenn.
New England had Jefferson and Glenn. Buffalo had Moulds and Price.

Fullbacks who know how to run after the catch and are dominant in the flats Polite is young but runs hard. Byars was a menance after he caught a pass. And Larry Centers obviously the best ever.

All the key elements are in place for Bledsoe to be successful with the added bonus of not having to play in snow or windy conditions Bledsoe should easily put up 4000 yards this year. Regardless of how many wins Dalls gets.

However, Bledsoe was done in Buffalo, he lost his swagger, and simply would not have succeeded in Mularkeys offense. If Bledsoe had a perfect season in Buffalo with the new offense it would still be nothing like the Bledsoe of old. Buffalo made the right decision going with JP sink or swim. Bledsoe wouldve been less effective, he is simply a gunslinger nothing more nothing less. Another thing thing JP does for the franchise is exposes Donahoe. There is no scapegoat on the team, all the pieces are in place, and by the end of the season TD will ultimately be the hero or the goat.

I know a majority of the board is still following Bledsoe, but to make the comparisson of his play in Dallas to "what couldve been here", just isnt realistic.

The_Philster
09-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Good post :bf1: I see the similarities you're talking about (though it was 2002, not 2001) and I think with Parcells, who knows Drew's strengths and weaknesses as well as anyone, Drew will have a better season in Dallas this year than he did for us last year

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2005, 04:40 AM
I have no hard feelings towards Bledsoe and I wish him success in whatever he does.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2005, 04:45 AM
Drew is a gentleman and a class act. He played as hard as he could for us, but it just didn't happen. I hope he takes Dallas to the Super Bowl.

mybills
09-20-2005, 06:36 AM
He'll fall apart by week 8 or 9 like he always does.

Tinboy
09-20-2005, 07:05 AM
The loss at Redskins wasn't Bledsoe fault, the D should have been able to stop Ramsey and Moss.

Philagape
09-20-2005, 07:52 AM
On Dallas' two final drives last night, Drew looked like Drew ... sideline passes too low or too high. After the Skins' go-ahead TD, with the game on the line, he completed three of his final eight passes (not counting a spike)

Anyone could have completed that flea-flicker; Glenn was gone.

mysticsoto
09-20-2005, 08:05 AM
On Dallas' two final drives last night, Drew looked like Drew ... sideline passes too low or too high. After the Skins' go-ahead TD, with the game on the line, he completed three of his final eight passes (not counting a spike)

Anyone could have completed that flea-flicker; Glenn was gone.
On the final drive, Drew did one thing he did with us...he locked onto 1 receiver. And it was too bad for him and his team b'cse behind that receiver, Washington's LB fell down and the other WR would have been wide open for atleast a 1st down if not more. But Drew had already locked on to someone across the middle who didn't quite get the 1st down. Subsequently, they had to punt and ended up losing the game...

justasportsfan
09-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Good post :bf1: I see the similarities you're talking about (though it was 2002, not 2001) and I think with Parcells, who knows Drew's strengths and weaknesses as well as anyone, Drew will have a better season in Dallas this year than he did for us last year
and with BB who knows his strengths and weaknesses, we would've automatically lost to the Pats 2 games a year. Saban would've done the same. Every year we would've gone 1-5 in the division. Drew isn't gonna take the Cowpokes to the playoffs, Jones and the D will.

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Drew is a gentleman and a class act. He played as hard as he could for us, but it just didn't happen. I hope he takes Dallas to the Super Bowl.

I hope he doesn't. I don't have any animosity towards Drew but I hate the Cowboys.

On the other hand, at this point I'd be more than happy to see the Drew-led Cowboys upset the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

BillsFever21
09-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Drew started off on fire when he came to Buffalo too. Lets see how he does about midseason. He has something to prove again like he did when he came to Buffalo.

It doesn't matter how Drew does for the Cowboys. His heart and competitive drive wasn't here in Buffalo anymore. He was just collecting a paycheck.

Speaker
09-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I am sure the title of this thread will bring on the DLC and The Amigos. But hear me out.

Drews season is likely to be a successful one. Parcels has customized an Offense that fits Bledoes abilities, one that is almost identical to the 96 Pats and 2002 Bills.

Dallas has a 2nd year RB (Jones) who can handle a work load and be productive in eating the clock and effective on 3rd down. New England had a 2nd year Running Back who possed the same qualities (Martin). Buffalo had a 2nd year RB who also was able to do the same (Henry)

Dallas has a clutch TE who can through a block but also has soft hands and is a great dump off outlet when trying to avoid the blitz(Witten). New England had Coates and even in the ladder part of his career he was pulling in 75 catches. Buffalo had Remiersma who had his worst season with Drew but was still a great outlet to avoid the rush.

Dallas has a nice duo of Speed and possesion recievers Meyshawn and Glenn.
New England had Jefferson and Glenn. Buffalo had Moulds and Price.

Fullbacks who know how to run after the catch and are dominant in the flats Polite is young but runs hard. Byars was a menance after he caught a pass. And Larry Centers obviously the best ever.

All the key elements are in place for Bledsoe to be successful with the added bonus of not having to play in snow or windy conditions Bledsoe should easily put up 4000 yards this year. Regardless of how many wins Dalls gets.

However, Bledsoe was done in Buffalo, he lost his swagger, and simply would not have succeeded in Mularkeys offense. If Bledsoe had a perfect season in Buffalo with the new offense it would still be nothing like the Bledsoe of old. Buffalo made the right decision going with JP sink or swim. Bledsoe wouldve been less effective, he is simply a gunslinger nothing more nothing less. Another thing thing JP does for the franchise is exposes Donahoe. There is no scapegoat on the team, all the pieces are in place, and by the end of the season TD will ultimately be the hero or the goat.

I know a majority of the board is still following Bledsoe, but to make the comparisson of his play in Dallas to "what couldve been here", just isnt realistic.
I agree, strongly. He has the receivers, Keyshawn, Terry, Patrick, Peerless. He has a Tight end, has a great HB, and a good one (A. Thomas) and a fairly good line (much better then buffalo's). I'd love to see him prove every one of you haters wrong. It humors me how i saw on the other buffalo bills board that everyone had "Bledsoe VS Losman 2005" stats in there signature, and there all gone now.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Answering the first post.

So another words, Buffalo didn't give Bledsoe the talent or game plan around him to succeed?

mchurchfie
09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Even though Bledsoe did show a lot of class in Buffalo he also was a pretty selfish QB too. When he was playing for us, many times, even though he could dump the ball off short, he would go for the big play and would rather take the risk of a sack or turnover to get it, thus jeopardizing the success of the team. He knew that he was "the man" here and had no fear of the coaches or what they would do to him. I think that he knows better in Dallas because "The Big Tuna" will bench his ass if he starts getting greedy and going for the homerun everytime. He will have his succcesses in Dallas but he will disappear when they need him the most just like he did here.

DynaPaul
09-20-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't know what game you watched but he didn't look so great. In the first quarter they had a lot of maximum protection formations where he was protected by 5 lineman and a running back on either side of him. 7 guys to block and he still got sacked and missed open guys. Quite a few of the passes he did make were at the line of scrimmage to a WR or a back acting as the safety plug. Those went for little to no gain and the receivers were creamed hard by the defense. 2 of them I saw were for losses. I stopped watching the game at halftime so I didn't see what happened after that.

Drew hasn't changed.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
He had his one nice bomb pass to Glenn. That is all he can do and that's never going to change.

MarvLevy
09-20-2005, 07:26 PM
lets not get carried away.

Night Train
09-21-2005, 05:23 AM
He had his one nice bomb pass to Glenn. That is all he can do and that's never going to change.
Exactly.

juice
09-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't know what game you watched but he didn't look so great. In the first quarter they had a lot of maximum protection formations where he was protected by 5 lineman and a running back on either side of him. 7 guys to block and he still got sacked and missed open guys. Quite a few of the passes he did make were at the line of scrimmage to a WR or a back acting as the safety plug. Those went for little to no gain and the receivers were creamed hard by the defense. 2 of them I saw were for losses. I stopped watching the game at halftime so I didn't see what happened after that.

Drew hasn't changed.Obviously you didn't watch the game.. DB didn't get sacked - you missed a good ending, Gibbs got a much needed win for the Skins off of Brunell's bombs to Moss.

Too bad the Brilliant Bills staff didn't come up with the idea to Max-Protect Bledsoe, we are in need of Veteran play at the QB position.

I thought we had DB under contract.. why would we let him go without being compensated?

The King
09-21-2005, 12:43 PM
There were no takers on Drew when we shopped him around.

juice
09-21-2005, 01:43 PM
There were no takers on Drew when we shopped him around.There weren't any takers for Henry either but the staff took the position that we were prepared to keep both TH as well as WM if we didn't get the 3rd rd pick sought.. We could use a QB with the abilities of DB and who has experience within the Bills system now that the the O-Line has shown some ability to protect in passing situations.. Bledsoe didn't stay on the open market very long for there not to be any takers.

A guy who can win 9 games with the O-Line that we fielded last year will always have value in this League.. Bledsoe should've been shopped around for the entire preseason much like Henry was, then if there were no takers he would've had no choice but to compete for the starting position.

If JPL could've won the starting position in an open competition then it would've proven that he was ready to be a starter in the League.. instead the Bills made the Grand appointment of JP as the starter without any knowledge of his readiness to lead the team.

DB would've been worth at least a 4th rd pick to some team desperate for a QB, such as Dallas - if the staff would've just shown some patience.

If nothing else JP could've earned his teammates respect by beating out the Veteran for the starting position or replacing him during the season when he was ready to start - No compensation for the time invested in Bledsoe isn't acceptable.

Bledsoe and Parcells are making the Bills staff look a bunch of idiots with the success of DB and the 'Boys.

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
There weren't any takers for Henry either but the staff took the position that we were prepared to keep both TH as well as WM if we didn't get the 3rd rd pick sought.. We could use a QB with the abilities of DB and who has experience within the Bills system now that the the O-Line has shown some ability to protect in passing situations.. Bledsoe didn't stay on the open market very long for there not to be any takers.

A guy who can win 9 games with the O-Line that we fielded last year will always have value in this League.. Bledsoe should've been shopped around for the entire preseason much like Henry was, then if there were no takers he would've had no choice but to compete for the starting position.

If JPL could've won the starting position in an open competition then it would've proven that he was ready to be a starter in the League.. instead the Bills made the Grand appointment of JP as the starter without any knowledge of his readiness to lead the team.

DB would've been worth at least a 4th rd pick to some team desperate for a QB, such as Dallas - if the staff would've just shown some patience.

If nothing else JP could've earned his teammates respect by beating out the Veteran for the starting position or replacing him during the season when he was ready to start - No compensation for the time invested in Bledsoe isn't acceptable.

Bledsoe and Parcells are making the Bills staff look a bunch of idiots with the success of DB and the 'Boys.
There were offers for Henry from the start but the compensation wasn't enough. There were no offers for Drew.

Get over this Drew thing. He did nothing for us.

juice
09-21-2005, 01:58 PM
There were offers for Henry from the start but the compensation wasn't enough. There were no offers for Drew.

Get over this Drew thing. He did nothing for us.Nothing accept lead the team to 9 wins after an 0-4 start.. do you think JP will get 9 wins?

Next week it's ATL and Vick and then we start play within the AFCE.. I'm an optimist but we have one of the toughest schedules in the League and every team within the AFCE has a tough defense.

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Nothing accept lead the team to 9 wins after an 0-4 start.. do you think JP will get 9 wins?

Next week it's ATL and Vick and then we start play within the AFCE.. I'm an optimist but we have one of the toughest schedules in the League and every team within the AFCE has a tough defense.
Drew led us to them wins? Get real. A cupcake schedule and a defense/special teams led us to 9 wins.

How many good teams did we beat last year? Do you really think he would get us 9 or 10 wins this year? Not a chance.

I shouldn't ask if you really think though. This is the same guy who thinks Rueben Brown and Pierson Prielou are great players and that Travis Henry should be starting over McGahee.

Night Train
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Nothing accept lead the team to 9 wins after an 0-4 start.. do you think JP will get 9 wins?
Bledsoe led us ? Um, no. Try the ST's and D . THEY led us, plus Willis moved the chains.

juice
09-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Drew led us to them wins? Get real. A cupcake schedule and a defense/special teams led us to 9 wins.

How many good teams did we beat last year? Do you really think he would get us 9 or 10 wins this year? Not a chance.

I shouldn't ask if you really think though. This is the same guy who thinks Rueben Brown and Pierson Prielou are great players and that Travis Henry should be starting over McGahee.Every player you just named is a starter in this League and all contributed to their Team's winning this week.. unlike Beenie Anderson or Coy Wire who are at best situational players.

BTW I was in favor of trading TH at the beginning of last season when his value was at it's highest.. so I can't take credit for that one, but I hope Travis returns from his injury to do well with the Titans.

Since Bledsoe and the 'Boys are 2-0 with a QB rating of near 100 I'd have to say that I think he will get 9 or 10 wins especially in the NFC.. dont you?

Once Peerless and Bledsoe start linking up again like in B'Lo, that will enable Keyshawn to get open underneith as well as their TE Witten, and you know Bledsoe is comfortable with getting the ball to a good recieving TE.

The key is Max-Protection for DB, something that he never had in B'Lo with the non-blocking RB's we have.

Philagape
09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Since Bledsoe and the 'Boys are 2-0 with a QB rating of near 100 I'd have to say that I think he will get 9 or 10 wins especially in the NFC.. dont you?

No, because Dallas is 1-1, not 2-0. They might be 2-0 if they had a decrnt QB who could get them into FG range with 2:35 left.

Once Peerless and Bledsoe start linking up again like in B'Lo, that will enable Keyshawn to get open underneith as well as their TE Witten, and you know Bledsoe is comfortable with getting the ball to a good recieving TE.

Drew's underneath passes suck, and Witten so far has five catches for 47 yards, way off last year's pace.

juice
09-21-2005, 03:06 PM
No, because Dallas is 1-1, not 2-0. They might be 2-0 if they had a decrnt QB who could get them into FG range with 2:35 left.
Yeah your right, I forgot the Cowboys lost Monday night even though Drew had 270yds, a TD, No INT and No Sacks.. His rating was still high and I think he did his part.

Drew's underneath passes suck, and Witten so far has five catches for 47 yards, way off last year's pace.Once Price becomes an option it'll open up that underneith passing game.

9 wins in the NFC is a lock for the Boys and will probably get them into the Playoffs.

Philagape
09-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Drew's part was to get them in FG range with 2:35 left. He failed, like he has for most of his career. He failed because he threw bad passes. Who the hell cares about his rating or his stats? Certainly not himself or his teammates or their fans. The only numbers that matter are on the scoreboard, and the Cowboys had 13 points.

DynaPaul
09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Every player you just named is a starter in this League and all contributed to their Team's winning this week.. unlike Beenie Anderson or Coy Wire who are at best situational players.

BTW I was in favor of trading TH at the beginning of last season when his value was at it's highest.. so I can't take credit for that one, but I hope Travis returns from his injury to do well with the Titans.

The key is Max-Protection for DB, something that he never had in B'Lo with the non-blocking RB's we have.

I'm gonna end this one right now:

How'd old Drew do in those games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore last year?

juice
09-22-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm gonna end this one right now:

How'd old Drew do in those games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore last year?Well now he's in the NFC so he doesn't have to worry about Bal or Pitts, with a coach that realizes he has to Max Protect.

I worry more about how JP will do against these AFC defenses should we meet them in the Playoffs.. JP is an unknown, Boller probably has more fantasy value and DB just played his 2 best football games in 2 & aHalf years in his very 1st games as a CowPoke - kinda makes our staff look a little incompetant especially with the uncertainty we have at the QB position.

This game may be a must win for JP or some of those Vets who don't feel he earned the position might start calling for Holcomb.

mybills
09-22-2005, 07:43 AM
:wail: :rofl:

DynaPaul
09-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Well now he's in the NFC so he doesn't have to worry about Bal or Pitts, with a coach that realizes he has to Max Protect.

I worry more about how JP will do against these AFC defenses should we meet them in the Playoffs.. JP is an unknown, Boller probably has more fantasy value and DB just played his 2 best football games in 2 & aHalf years in his very 1st games as a CowPoke - kinda makes our staff look a little incompetant especially with the uncertainty we have at the QB position.

This game may be a must win for JP or some of those Vets who don't feel he earned the position might start calling for Holcomb.

Get back to me after Dallas plays Philadelphia...

finsrclowns
09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Get back to me after Dallas plays Philadelphia...

Good point. And you can get back to me after JP plays NE.

Voltron
09-22-2005, 11:44 PM
There weren't any takers for Henry either but the staff took the position that we were prepared to keep both TH as well as WM if we didn't get the 3rd rd pick sought.. We could use a QB with the abilities of DB and who has experience within the Bills system now that the the O-Line has shown some ability to protect in passing situations.. Bledsoe didn't stay on the open market very long for there not to be any takers.

After the way Drew was treated by the Pats I think the staff owed it to him to give him the option. He was a good player that just didn't fit well in the new offensive scheme. Drew always was a good leader and a good person in the community and he deserved nothing less than to get the choice to be a starter on another team if he had the opportunity.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Drew's part was to get them in FG range with 2:35 left. He failed, like he has for most of his career. He failed because he threw bad passes. Who the hell cares about his rating or his stats? Certainly not himself or his teammates or their fans. The only numbers that matter are on the scoreboard, and the Cowboys had 13 points.
As long as he doesn't have to win any games for them when the heat is on, Bledsoe will do reasonably well for Dallas. As the original post in this thread pointed out, all of the pieces are in place for him to be as successful as possible in Dallas.

The problem with Bledsoe--and something that they will soon realize in Dallas--is that DB no longer can get the job done when the pressure is on him. It doesn't matter if it is physical pressure, in the form of a strong pass rush, or psychological pressure, like knowing that there is only 2:35 left on the clock and he has to hit a series of passes to move his team into position for a game winning FG or his team will lose the game. If Dallas can avoid putting DB in those kinds of positions, he will do fine for them this season, but I doubt that they will be able to do that often enough to make the playoffs or, if they do make the playoffs, to win in the playoffs. Just as in Buffalo, the DCs in the NFC will soon figure out how to get inside Bledsoe's head and he will respond to that the same way that he did when he was with the Bills. (BTW: Philly, the Giants and Washington all have pretty decent defensive fronts that are capable of putting a lot of pressure on DB if Dallas doesn't max protect him--which will limit his targets--SD isn't that good against the pass.)

Once Price becomes an option it'll open up that underneith passing game.

9 wins in the NFC is a lock for the Boys and will probably get them into the Playoffs.
Bledsoe already has a deep threat that he is familiar with in Terry Glenn. Price isn't going to bring that much more to the table for Dallas than Glenn or Crayton. Nine wins probably will get an NFC team a playoff berth, but don't count on the Cowpokers getting 9 wins if they have to play a bunch of tight games in the NFCE. They could do it, but it is by no means a lock this year.

juice
09-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Get back to me after Dallas plays Philadelphia...Dallas matches up well with Philly, Plus T.O. is affraid of the secondary that ended his regular season last year.. Dallas has the quick defense to run with McNabb and Westbrook.. If R. Williams and Crew can "horsecollar" Terrell and keep him from exploding for a BuckFifty, then Philly can be beaten.. even though they look like the class of the NFC right now.

DynaPaul
09-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Dallas matches up well with Philly, Plus T.O. is affraid of the secondary that ended his regular season last year.. Dallas has the quick defense to run with McNabb and Westbrook.. If R. Williams and Crew can "horsecollar" Terrell and keep him from exploding for a BuckFifty, then Philly can be beaten.. even though they look like the class of the NFC right now.

Dallas' D can definitely hang with Philly's but I think that the Dallas' O can't match up against a great defense. Philly's D will more than likely bring out the bumblin' Drew that we all know. McNabb and company will be able to make some plays though.

DaBills
09-23-2005, 05:37 PM
"Bledsoe and Parcells are making the Bills staff look a bunch of idiots with the success of DB and the 'Boys."

We're both 1-1. Or did I miss something? The Cowboys lost the game up by two TD's and couldn't even move into winning FG position late? Just who is the bunch of idiots?

As far as JP playing NE, I thought the Bills were playing NE? Guess JP will start every position. Besides, the key won't be JP against NE's D, it's our D against Brady. Until we can beat Tom '3-steps and throw' Brady, we aren't going anywhere.

And the Atlanta game this weekend is as much a test for our D as it is for JP and the O. Dunn will tear it up all day if we Sam can't step up, (I'm not even factoring Vick in at this point- he's a whole other set of problems for the D).

juice
09-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Bledsoe already has a deep threat that he is familiar with in Terry Glenn. Price isn't going to bring that much more to the table for Dallas than Glenn or Crayton. Nine wins probably will get an NFC team a playoff berth, but don't count on the Cowpokers getting 9 wins if they have to play a bunch of tight games in the NFCE. They could do it, but it is by no means a lock this year.Glenn could turn out to be for Price what Moulds was for him here in B'lo, a vet who can draw some doubles away from Peerlesses side.. something that he didn't have down in ATL.

If Price can return to his form of Bledsoe's 1st year in B'lo.. then that could really open up the underneith passing game for Keyshawn and Wiggons as well as spread the defenses out to allow success for Jones and the Run game.

Glenn put up around 140 against one of the Leagues top defenses Monday night and hasn't appeared to lose much off his step.. I can see him and Price giving the Boys Offense a quick jolt of speed to open up their short game.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 12:51 AM
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse