PDA

View Full Version : Bills and us need fresh air

vicmantak
09-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Please, I'm not trying to add negativeness to this board but during his tenure as the Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator, Tom Clements has simply shown two things to this organization from the beginning:

1. ANYTHING
2. UNACHIEVEMENT

I wonder where is the offensive minded-team Bills wanted to build when head coach Mike Mularkey was hired?

I don't know but players like Takeo Spikes and fans like all of us really need "oxygen" to this coming large season ---- from my eyes it's simply insane to see a young unexperienced "promise" ahead of personalities like Sam Wyche and Jim McNally...

Please, destroy me if I'm wrong.

mysticsoto
09-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Please, I'm not trying to add negativeness to this board but during his tenure as the Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator, Tom Clements has simply shown two things to this organization from the beginning:

1. ANYTHING
2. UNACHIEVEMENT

I wonder where is the offensive minded-team Bills wanted to build when head coach Mike Mularkey was hired?

I don't know but players like Takeo Spikes and fans like all of us really need "oxygen" to this coming large season ---- from my eyes it's simply insane to see a young unexperienced "promise" ahead of personalities like Sam Wyche and Jim McNally...

I'm going to agree with what I heard one of the analysts saying after the game (forgot his name). Someone called in the radio and said that the play calling was un-creative and the analysts said, "Maybe, but what good is blaming the play calling when the players themselves aren't executing?" Do we really think that if Tom had called a different play at some points, that the Bills would have all of a sudden won the game? It was a complete breakdown's on the players parts. It wasn't like a 4th and 1 call lost us the game. You can't blame Clements for the bad throws JP had, or the sack in the endzone he took, or McGahee dancing behind the Oline, or the Oline allowing defenders through like water...

justasportsfan
09-20-2005, 08:22 AM
I agree it was conservative. But I'm not ready to say Tom Clements is a bust after 1 loss. I mean cmon ,we were 0-4 at the start of last year. We're 1-1 and still in the thick of things. The sky is not falling people. Did you guys expect Clements to turn the team into the Colts in his first year last year? The colts should've given up on their OC and Manning in his first 2 years , yeah. That's the way to go.

Luisito23
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm not ready to say Tom Clements is a bust after 1 loss.

Me neither Mr. Bean........

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
09-20-2005, 09:59 AM
It wasn't like a 4th and 1 call lost us the game. You can't blame Clements for the bad throws JP had, or the sack in the endzone he took, or McGahee dancing behind the Oline, or the Oline allowing defenders through like water...

I agree on the rest of it, but I do blame clements for the safety. We should have just pounded the ball with quick, straight ahead running plays and punted if we had to.

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm not ready to say Tom Clements is a bust after 1 loss. Did you guys expect Clements to turn the team into the Colts in his first year last year? The colts should've given up on their OC and Manning in his first 2 years , yeah. That's the way to go.I agree that it's too early to say that Tom Clements is a bust but it's not only after 1 loss...
On the other hand, none expected Clements to turn Bills offense into a Colts type of scoring machine in his first year but --- to be sincere I don't remember any comments that Manning suffered very poor playcalls in his first years...

Ebenezer
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
nobody said anything last year when they went 9-7.

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Do we really think that if Tom had called a different play at some points, that the Bills would have all of a sudden won the game? It was a complete breakdown's on the players parts. It wasn't like a 4th and 1 call lost us the game. You can't blame Clements for the bad throws JP had, or the sack in the endzone he took, or McGahee dancing behind the Oline, or the Oline allowing defenders through like water...mysticsoto, unfortunately I'm not the only one who thinks that Tom Clements hasn't shown anything yet. The Sports Xchange made the following comments about the coaching staff:

COACHING
D -- The Bills, who won their last four road games last season, obviously forgot some things. Like how to get off to a fast start and take the home crowd out of it. Like how to run the ball, stop the run, and control the clock. Like how to force turnovers. Coach Mike Mularkey and company will have to go back to the drawing board to get Losman ready for road tests at New Orleans (in San Antonio), with Oakland and New England on the horizon. Offensive coordinator Tom Clements didn't do Losman any favors by calling for a pass on third-and-7 at their own 4-yard line, resulting in a momentum-shifting safety. The smart call was to run, take a punt and keep playing for field position. The team also underutilized the screen pass and draw plays when it knew Losman was struggling. The Bills fell to 2-6 all-time in Tampa Bay, not counting their Super Bowl loss to the Giants.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8869895

On the other hand I agree that you cant blame Clements for bad throws, or a dancing RB behind the Oline, or a Oline allowing defenders do whatever they want... but if I'm not wrong, his most important job as an Offensive coordinator is create, propose, detect, prevent, explode and put the pieces on the right place.

Anyway I know that it's too early to critice Clements but Texans have just released their offensive coordinator because they have just scored only two TD this season against Buffalo and Pittsburgh --- and IMO it's not a bad idea.
I know that any people who knows about American football knows that Texans made a big mistake letting Joe Pendry take the play-calling responsabilities but as a "little" difference with them, it's not difficult to see 90% of Bills fans happy to see Sam Wyche taking this responsability if Bills decide to do this kind of key-decission...
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3359967

HAMMER
09-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Gimme a flippin break, the players were the ones that got physically whooped, "Punched in the Mouth" . Sorry fairweathers, but it wasn't the coaches fault.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2005, 05:00 AM
I said to my wife while we were watching the game that I didn't understand the play calling. I thougt it was unimaginative and conservative to the point where we played right into Tampa Bay's hands. It looked like Joe Pendry revisited.

But the execution was bad, too, so I'm not quite ready to throw Clements under the bus--yet.

Sportsuser101
09-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Yeah thats right blame 1 of the better new offensive coordinators in the league for our start. Without him we wouldn't have won 1 game.

The Spaz
09-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Apparently you didn't like Tom Clements play calling when we won 10 of the last 13 games or so...:shakeno:

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 07:28 AM
I didn't understand the play calling. I thougt it was unimaginative and conservative to the point where we played right into Tampa Bay's hands. It looked like Joe Pendry revisited.

But the execution was bad, too, so I'm not quite ready to throw Clements under the bus--yet.Jan, it's true but IMO Bills panorama really need fresh air as soon as possible...

If Belichick doesn't have anyone, where's the challenge?
If Texans released their offensive coordinator because they only scored two TD against two of the most respectable defenses, where's the enigma?

IMO many fans will agree that Tom Clements looks like the last emperor (a little smart but innocent kid...) behind someone like Wyche or McNally...

I don't know but in Wyche and McNally I trust.

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 07:28 AM

1. ANYTHING
2. UNACHIEVEMENT

shhh.... don't say anything bad about the Bills- Tatonka will label you a "whiner" and tell everyone you're not a real fan.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
It's not difficult to understand the play calling of that game. Just count it how many times we went: pass, run, pass, punt, after the first series where a 1st down run got us nowhere.

The whole idea of Bills offense right now is to make it manageable distance so that Losman does not have to face 3rd and long so that his running can pose a threat. I genuinely believe that Mularkay is more angry at McGahee dancing and not hitting any crease he could to make a few yards than Losman can not finding his mark on his first down passes (something the coaches might expect) - maybe that's why Mularkay called out McGahee in his comments.

The Bucs were very well prepared defensively. They saw what Losman did in the 1st half of the Texans game and covered the 10 - 15 yard are in the middle very well. After a few slant passes resulted near INTs, Losman simply would not go there again, working exclusive to the flats, even then he's afraid to throw the ball near defenders, resulting uncatchable balls.

The way I see it, Losman showed he's a rookie. 1) again the game seems too fast to him that he could actually uses a bit more time where his protection in the early part was quite adequate for plays to develop; 2) he panicked with the near INTs and that he starts to stare down his favorite receivers like all of them, good or bad QBs, do in panick mode, resulting more trouble.

To me, Clements at that point is better of stick to the run at that point. Focusing on getting the run to work, at least to some extent. It's really unwise to place all the burden on Losman.

If the run game works, defenders cannot zero in on Losman. Just ask Griese, ask Roethlisberger. That's when the QBs find it is easy to find open targets.

For the Bills this week, it's back to square one: run the ball and stop the run. Aint that the truth for winning football games.

justasportsfan
09-21-2005, 08:09 AM
I agree that it's too early to say that Tom Clements is a bust but it's not only after 1 loss...
On the other hand, none expected Clements to turn Bills offense into a Colts type of scoring machine in his first year but --- to be sincere I don't remember any comments that Manning suffered very poor playcalls in his first years...
Bad playcalling? Clements and our O didn't do so bad in his first year. Do you rmemeber how bad our O was in 2003? Jp has only had 2 games. How do you know if it was bad playcalling or simply a situation of a 1st time starter in his 2nd game. The safety was a bad call but a vet qb would've been able to see the D and make the proper changes.

While you're complaining about the O , how was the D? They were just as bad as our O in the 2nd half. Are you ready to question Gray's playcalling? Let's wait for a few more games before we call for anyones head. I don't think anyone thought it would be smooth sailing w/ JP by the 2nd game . Did you?

mysticsoto
09-21-2005, 08:22 AM
mysticsoto, unfortunately I'm not the only one who thinks that Tom Clements hasn't shown anything yet. The Sports Xchange made the following comments about the coaching staff:

COACHING
D -- The Bills, who won their last four road games last season, obviously forgot some things. Like how to get off to a fast start and take the home crowd out of it. Like how to run the ball, stop the run, and control the clock. Like how to force turnovers. Coach Mike Mularkey and company will have to go back to the drawing board to get Losman ready for road tests at New Orleans (in San Antonio), with Oakland and New England on the horizon. Offensive coordinator Tom Clements didn't do Losman any favors by calling for a pass on third-and-7 at their own 4-yard line, resulting in a momentum-shifting safety. The smart call was to run, take a punt and keep playing for field position. The team also underutilized the screen pass and draw plays when it knew Losman was struggling. The Bills fell to 2-6 all-time in Tampa Bay, not counting their Super Bowl loss to the Giants.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8869895

On the other hand I agree that you cant blame Clements for bad throws, or a dancing RB behind the Oline, or a Oline allowing defenders do whatever they want... but if I'm not wrong, his most important job as an Offensive coordinator is create, propose, detect, prevent, explode and put the pieces on the right place.

Anyway I know that it's too early to critice Clements but Texans have just released their offensive coordinator because they have just scored only two TD this season against Buffalo and Pittsburgh --- and IMO it's not a bad idea.
I know that any people who knows about American football knows that Texans made a big mistake letting Joe Pendry take the play-calling responsabilities but as a "little" difference with them, it's not difficult to see 90% of Bills fans happy to see Sam Wyche taking this responsability if Bills decide to do this kind of key-decission...
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3359967

I'm not disagreeing. I actually gave the Coaching team an F instead of a D. But that is one game. If I end up giving the coaching team/offensive plays an F for the season - then it's time to look for someone else. JP had many bad throws in this past game and that's no one else's fault but his own. Today's defenses are too good to make mistakes. If someone gets open, you have to be on top of it and deliver fast. The windows are small and JP has to be faster - there's no play calling that's going to alter that. And while you could say we need to run more, if WM is too busy dancing a waltz behind the line, once again, the play calling becomes useless...

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 01:16 PM
shhh.... don't say anything bad about the Bills- Tatonka will label you a "whiner" and tell everyone you're not a real fan.

na.. he is right.. the play calling was not good.. but it was one game..

he also isnt posting the same negative thing 5000 times like a cat spraying a house with urine all over the place till the smell becomes so bad people cant stand it... that, my friend, is the difference between you two..

you = a cat urinating on the board.. typical naysayer and fairweather type that screams the season is ruined and we will never win again after one loss.

vic - valid point that deserves discussion, and open to the fact that he may be right or wrong without being a ***** about it.

now, you can go back to whining, Mark.

you said you were done.. but then had to toss in something else.. i enjoy giving you ****, so if you want to go on, we can.

Wys 2 :chair: Tatonka

:jam:

:up:

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I actually gave the Coaching team an F instead of a D. But that is one game. If I end up giving the coaching team/offensive plays an F for the season - then it's time to look for someone else. JP had many bad throws in this past game and that's no one else's fault but his own. Today's defenses are too good to make mistakes. If someone gets open, you have to be on top of it and deliver fast. The windows are small and JP has to be faster - there's no play calling that's going to alter that. And while you could say we need to run more, if WM is too busy dancing a waltz behind the line, once again, the play calling becomes useless...

a good example of being critical of the team without coming across as someone who is rooting against them.

:posrep:

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 01:20 PM
you = a cat urinating on the board.. typical naysayer and fairweather type that screams the season is ruined and we will never win again after one loss.

once again, how does being negative make me a fairweather fan? I still watch every game, I still wear Bills stuff all the tiem and have it all over my house and car, I still read about the team and keep up what's going on and I still root for them to win. But if I don't drink TD's Kool-Aid, I guess I'm not a good fan.

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 01:33 PM
no one here thinks the bills are perfect.. no one here thinks the bills will win every game.. no one here is "drinking TD's Kool-Aid"..

almost everyone here is NOT ready to give up on the entire season and proclaim to be so smart that they have seen enough in 2 games to know that the bills will not win anything this year.. that is.. except you..

i dont know what to tell you, Mark.. if you can see the difference between Vics post and yours then you just dont want to see it.. because it is obvious.

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 01:43 PM
no one here thinks the bills are perfect.. no one here thinks the bills will win every game.. no one here is "drinking TD's Kool-Aid"..

almost everyone here is NOT ready to give up on the entire season and proclaim to be so smart that they have seen enough in 2 games to know that the bills will not win anything this year.. that is.. except you..

i dont know what to tell you, Mark.. if you can see the difference between Vics post and yours then you just dont want to see it.. because it is obvious.

I can't believe I got sucked back into this argument, but here goes anyway:

This argument about "only 2 games" is complete BS. First, it's all we have. We have to base predictions on what we've seen. Predicting based on those two games, this year, with the same players, makes a lot more sense than saying "Well NE looked like **** in the first two games of '03 but still won the SB" or "we started 0-4 last year and still came only one game short of making the playoffs". That makes about as much sense as saying "it was 88 and sunny on Sept 23 in Houston last year so it should be the same this year".

Second, this is the NFL, not the NHL or MLB. 2 games is 1/8 of the season. That's significant. Those of you who are saying it takes four games to see the character of the team are basically saying the first 1/4 of the season doesn't tell you anything. That's a load of crap.

finsrclowns
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM

1. ANYTHING
2. UNACHIEVEMENT

You're wrong but destroying seems a bit harsh, don't you think? :D:

Clements is a bright offensive mind and so is Mularkey, who BTW is no doubt heavily involved in the preparation of the weekly game plans. Do you really think Losman's ready to run the Colts offense after 2 games? :crazed: Send the Colts offense over to Buffalo and if Clements has them looking bad I'll agree with you, ok?

As far as Sam Wysche is concerned, he's got plenty on his plate coaching Losman with his health history thank you very much. I'm just happy he's here. And what Jim Mcnally has to do with anything beyond what he does already which is be one of the best OL coaches in the league you tell me.

This is going to be a bumpy ride but we'll go as far as Losman allows us to as he progresses. There are no magic plays that can speed up that clock.

justasportsfan
09-21-2005, 03:52 PM
I can't believe I got sucked back into this argument, but here goes anyway:

This argument about "only 2 games" is complete BS. First, it's all we have. We have to base predictions on what we've seen..but do it objectively. You do it in a sky is falling kind of way. How did you end up w/ the D is gonna be no.2 by the end of 2004 after an 0-4 start especially when we couldn't beat teams like the Jags and Okland in that 0-4 start? I see a contadicition.

Second, this is the NFL, not the NHL or MLB. 2 games is 1/8 of the season. That's significant. Those of you who are saying it takes four games to see the character of the team are basically saying the first 1/4 of the season doesn't tell you anything. That's a load of crap.had we won the Pitts game the 0-4 start wouldn't have mattered. Start panicking when we go 0-4 the next 4 games. Do you remember how the jets went from 0-4 to the playoffs in 2003? How about the Pats w/ Drew , we'rent they 0-4 until Brady took over? Don't tell me you predicted them to make playoffs after an 0-4 start either.

Crisis
09-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I'll never want someone named "Clements" to leave Buffalo.

Talk about bad karma for this offseason.

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 04:49 PM
but do it objectively. You do it in a sky is falling kind of way. How did you end up w/ the D is gonna be no.2 by the end of 2004 after an 0-4 start especially when we couldn't beat teams like the Jags and Okland in that 0-4 start? I see a contadicition.

even during the 0-4 start, our D still kicked ass. In 3 of those losses we only gave up 42 points TOTAL, and most of them were because the O turned over the ball and our opponent had good field position. Despite the early record, it was still clear that we had one of the better defenses in the league.

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
To me, Clements at that point is better of stick to the run at that point. Focusing on getting the run to work, at least to some extent. It's really unwise to place all the burden on Losman.

If the run game works, defenders cannot zero in on Losman. Just ask Griese, ask Roethlisberger. That's when the QBs find it is easy to find open targets.

For the Bills this week, it's back to square one: run the ball and stop the run. Aint that the truth for winning football games.Completely agree. It was really unwise and unnecessary to place all the burden on Losman knowing that he is still on his first steps (as a leader) and that Bucs Defense was totally overplaying the entire offense.

For the Bills this week, I'm sure that he 12th man will be the main factor to help the OL and TE synch. The problem right now is stop the run. Bills LB corps are talented but unfortunately they don't have enough experience to scary any mobile QB or any strong RBs like T.J. Duckett. If Falcons didn't have a TE like Alge Crumpler, for sure I would have suggested to move TKO to the middle... but no way...

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I actually gave the Coaching team an F instead of a D. But that is one game. If I end up giving the coaching team/offensive plays an F for the season - then it's time to look for someone else.I totally agree on what you said but unfortunately the panorama doesn't allow it. Bills are on extreme need to make the playoffs and it will take at least 4 years more to re-build the entire team if Bills decide to release GM Tom Donahoe.
BTW, to be frank Bills have spent too much on offensive-help drafting high picks, coaching staff (from the top to the bottom) and mainly sacrifying defense future --- to wait until the future is over --- and maybe for more...

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Do you really think Losman's ready to run the Colts offense after 2 games? :crazed: Send the Colts offense over to Buffalo and if Clements has them looking bad I'll agree with you, ok?I didn't exactly catched what you said but off course, it's absurd to think that Losman is ready to run the offense like the Colts now and this is exactly one of the reasons of this topic.
Clements is sorely mistaken if he is planning to place all the burden in Losman again.

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 10:06 PM
even during the 0-4 start, our D still kicked ass. In 3 of those losses we only gave up 42 points TOTAL, and most of them were because the O turned over the ball and our opponent had good field position. Despite the early record, it was still clear that we had one of the better defenses in the league.OpIv, it's completely true and I feel the same concerns about this season. I can only add that last year was a little more promising from the beginning when Bills changed the future "karma" hiring an "offensive" minded coach and kept the defense practically intact from the top to the bottom.

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Tatonka, thanks for your comments but it's obvious that as all of us, OpIv wants to see the Bills WIN a SB (not only make the playoffs...) and any possitive or negative comments might be considered as welcomed.

AndreReed83
09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Op is starting to get a lot of unfair ATTACKS against him. It's getting a little ridiculous. I've never seen the guy say we were going to lose the rest of the season after one game. I have seen him overreact a little during the games. That just shows someone who cares about the team. I know it seems weird, but it's true. He's probably just as big a fan of the team as the rest of us, yet, I think the only poster that gets attacked more then him is FTP.

The_Philster
09-22-2005, 02:59 AM
Op is starting to get a lot of unfair ATTACKS against him. It's getting a little ridiculous. I've never seen the guy say we were going to lose the rest of the season after one game. I have seen him overreact a little during the games. That just shows someone who cares about the team. I know it seems weird, but it's true. He's probably just as big a fan of the team as the rest of us, yet, I think the only poster that gets attacked more then him is FTP.:bf1: I don't agree with that much of what Op is saying but we need to follow the TOS when debating

Historian
09-22-2005, 05:46 AM
I just want to know where the smashmouth running game is.

It seems (as a trend) we pass first, run second.

justasportsfan
09-22-2005, 06:32 AM
even during the 0-4 start, our D still kicked ass. In 3 of those losses we only gave up 42 points TOTAL, and most of them were because the O turned over the ball and our opponent had good field position. Despite the early record, it was still clear that we had one of the better defenses in the league.I see you failed to address the Pats and Jets example. Our D may have done well in that 0-4 start but they didn't close anything then. They didn't step up when they had to against the Jags and Raiders while the O struggled. I'm almost sure you didn't think we had a shot at the playoffs after that 0-4 start.

Tatonka, thanks for your comments but it's obvious that as all of us, OpIv wants to see the Bills WIN a SB (not only make the playoffs...) and any possitive or negative comments might be considered as welcomed. So do we but one step at a time. Playoffs first and then we'll talk sb when we make it.

Op is starting to get a lot of unfair ATTACKS against him. It's getting a little ridiculous. I've never seen the guy say we were going to lose the rest of the season after one game. I have seen him overreact a little during the games. That just shows someone who cares about the team. I know it seems weird, but it's true. He's probably just as big a fan of the team as the rest of us, yet, I think the only poster that gets attacked more then him is FTP. Op knows I'm cool with him . He does sound like wys and we're just doing the same thing we did w/ him. Instead of saying "don't post negative stuff" since everyone is entitiled to their opinion, I'm just trying to pacify or calm him down. Our record says we are tied for 1st in the AFCE.

We were bound to get our a$$ whooped by someone this season. I'm glad it happened early so we can fix things and see where we're at. It could be a sign of things to come or it could be a good thing. The next few games will tell not just 2 games.

mysticsoto
09-22-2005, 08:02 AM
I totally agree on what you said but unfortunately the panorama doesn't allow it. Bills are on extreme need to make the playoffs and it will take at least 4 years more to re-build the entire team if Bills decide to release GM Tom Donahoe.
BTW, to be frank Bills have spent too much on offensive-help drafting high picks, coaching staff (from the top to the bottom) and mainly sacrifying defense future --- to wait until the future is over --- and maybe for more...
Actually, I agree with you. I feel that regardless of whether we make the playoffs this year or not, we need to keep TD and keep stability at the FO for the Bills - they have clearly moved forward under TD. I know alot of people who don't like TD may disagree, but that's how I feel.

I was actually referring to Tom Clements. If JP struggles greatly more due to the scheme than his own abilities, then it may very well be that Tom is implementing a scheme that doesn't fit this qb. Right now, I don't think that is the problem - but I'm just saying...if week after week from here on, I feel like coaching gets an F, then I would say let Clements go and bring in some new blood that might bring in schemes that are more fitting for JP. At this point in his career (starting) it is the best time to change OC if the one we have is not panning out rather than waiting until the gets ingrained into a system and then all of a sudden make a change.

But like I said, I don't think Clements is our problem right now and don't think he would do so bad as to merit being left go.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Two points:

1.) I don't think that the fact that this was not only a road game, but JP's FIRST road start is being taken into consideration when Clements' play-calling is being analyzed in this discussion. Road games in the NFL are a totally different animal from home games--if you don't believe me, ask your local bookie! I think that this was a very big factor in the way that the game plan was devised. I think the idea, from the very beginning, was to go with a conservative game plan to avoid putting too much pressure on JP on the road. The problem was that the rest of the offense didn't show up and the running game--that was supposed to carry the load--was non-existent. Which led to the decision to try to pass out of the end zone that ended up resulting in the safety (BTW: that was not a conservative call--if anything, it was the very opposite, a very risky call). After the safety, JP seemed to completely lose his composure and, without the help of a running game, he looked like he was lost. I also think a lot of what gzh in pittsburgh said in his post is true as well. I think that Clements tried to go conservative to prevent what ultimately happened to JP from happening, but then tried to switch when McGahee and the running game didn't show up and that ended up backfiring on him. At that point, he had neither a running game or a QB capable of winning the game and very few options to go to.

2.) I have had some severe disagreements with OpIv and don't often disagree with him, but I respect him and his right to have the views that he has. I don't agree with his viewpoint very much, but he should not be attacked for expressing his views. I actually appreciate the fact that I have the opportunity to exchange views with OpIv--even though our views are very different.

Different views are what make for a good discussion and a good messageboard. If you don't like someone's viewpoint, address that viewpoint, don't attack the person or the person's right to express their viewpoint. Attacking a person for their views rather than addressing the specifics of those views is intellectually dishonest. Exchanging ideas with someone who has a different set of views is how one learns and is a good way to test the validity of one's own views. Otherwise, all you have is a shouting match that will quickly degenerate into nothing more than a lot of trash-talk. We're all Bills fans here and we all want to see the Bills end up winning a Super Bowl--our disagreements on what's the best way for them to get to that point are actually rather minor and shouldn't be the cause of personal attacks on anyone.