X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

I want Vick to play!

I dunno if someone already bought this up...You probally know that Vick is questionable for this Sunday's game. Personally, I hope Vick not only plays, but also is at least 90%.

I would much rather beat Vick and the Falcons in a close game than beat Schaub (their backup QB). Here are my reasons, in no particular order:

1. Our defense needs this game...our run defense probally feels they have something to prove. Especially if they want to be one of the best ever. Even the Texans gained about 100 yards in the opener. And we all know what happened against Tampa. Our defense is mad. What better way for our run defense to step up than to stop Vick and Dunn? They were the #1 rushing team last year.

2. JP Losman would feel much better if he beat the Vick-led Falcons, which would do big things for his confidence. As a young player, JP needs to play against and overcome great defenses in order to improve his game. The Falcons have great LBs and an up and coming star in DeAngelo Hall. Let's see how JP reacts after a bad loss against Tampa.

3. As fans and as a team, I think we get too caught up when the Bills win easy games - myself included. If you think about it, the Bills haven't proven much. To be elite, we must beat the elite teams. This weekend will be a great opportunity to start becoming elite.

4. Although it's early in the season, this game could prove to be a turning point for our team. The Falcons get big media attention, and people around the league will pay attention to this game. If we can handle them, look for us to start playing better.

I'm glad JP played poorly against Tampa. It brought him back to Earth. Let's see how he responds.
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Re: I want Vick to play!

ur on drugs. i rather get a sure win

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

I agree with Stamps. I don't care if Jimora himself is the QB, just win the game!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Win the game...and knock Vick out if you can.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I don't think it matters...we beat them either way. But we will beat them worse if Vick doesn't play...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

No, I don't want him to play. Just look at their record when he's not in there and you'll see why.

Comment

• Fairway
              • Jul 2002

I think we beat them easier if Vick Does play. He'll won't be 100% so his running will be neutralized and Schaub is a better passer.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by STAMPY
                ur on drugs. i rather get a sure win
                I am, and me 2.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
                Last edited by Luisito23; 09-20-2005, 07:08 PM.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Just win baby!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Vick will play and we will win. Mark it in your books.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

The Bills aren't good enough yet to "test" themselves against a top tier player if they have to. If Schaub starts, I and all other Bills fans should be happy.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

I want Vick to play because I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's entertaining to watch.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          Win the game...and knock Vick out if you can.
                          Yeah, win the game and make sure Vick isn't healthy enough to play the Jets, Fins, & Pats.......

I think Vick will play, but will be a bit immobile (by his standards). A pure pocket Vick will have a long day

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

I think we have the speed on D to contain Vick regardless if he's healthy or not. I'm more concerned about the offense getting off the ground, perhaps leaving the Bills D on the field too long...again.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                              I dunno if someone already bought this up...You probally know that Vick is questionable for this Sunday's game. Personally, I hope Vick not only plays, but also is at least 90%.

I would much rather beat Vick and the Falcons in a close game than beat Schaub (their backup QB). Here are my reasons, in no particular order:

1. Our defense needs this game...our run defense probally feels they have something to prove. Especially if they want to be one of the best ever. Even the Texans gained about 100 yards in the opener. And we all know what happened against Tampa. Our defense is mad. What better way for our run defense to step up than to stop Vick and Dunn? They were the #1 rushing team last year.

2. JP Losman would feel much better if he beat the Vick-led Falcons, which would do big things for his confidence. As a young player, JP needs to play against and overcome great defenses in order to improve his game. The Falcons have great LBs and an up and coming star in DeAngelo Hall. Let's see how JP reacts after a bad loss against Tampa.

3. As fans and as a team, I think we get too caught up when the Bills win easy games - myself included. If you think about it, the Bills haven't proven much. To be elite, we must beat the elite teams. This weekend will be a great opportunity to start becoming elite.

4. Although it's early in the season, this game could prove to be a turning point for our team. The Falcons get big media attention, and people around the league will pay attention to this game. If we can handle them, look for us to start playing better.

I'm glad JP played poorly against Tampa. It brought him back to Earth. Let's see how he responds.
                              I completely agree, well put. I will also will be at the game so I'd rather watch the Bills beat the Falcons with Vick in there. I think the Bills need to prove to themselves that they can beat an elite team. That won't be the case if Vick doesn't play.

Comment

Working...
                              X