PDA

View Full Version : I want Vick to play!

Lexwhat
09-20-2005, 04:57 PM
I dunno if someone already bought this up...You probally know that Vick is questionable for this Sunday's game. Personally, I hope Vick not only plays, but also is at least 90%.

I would much rather beat Vick and the Falcons in a close game than beat Schaub (their backup QB). Here are my reasons, in no particular order:

1. Our defense needs this game...our run defense probally feels they have something to prove. Especially if they want to be one of the best ever. Even the Texans gained about 100 yards in the opener. And we all know what happened against Tampa. Our defense is mad. What better way for our run defense to step up than to stop Vick and Dunn? They were the #1 rushing team last year.

2. JP Losman would feel much better if he beat the Vick-led Falcons, which would do big things for his confidence. As a young player, JP needs to play against and overcome great defenses in order to improve his game. The Falcons have great LBs and an up and coming star in DeAngelo Hall. Let's see how JP reacts after a bad loss against Tampa.

3. As fans and as a team, I think we get too caught up when the Bills win easy games - myself included. If you think about it, the Bills haven't proven much. To be elite, we must beat the elite teams. This weekend will be a great opportunity to start becoming elite.

4. Although it's early in the season, this game could prove to be a turning point for our team. The Falcons get big media attention, and people around the league will pay attention to this game. If we can handle them, look for us to start playing better.

I'm glad JP played poorly against Tampa. It brought him back to Earth. Let's see how he responds.

STAMPY
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
ur on drugs. i rather get a sure win

Iehoshua
09-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I agree with Stamps. :eek: I don't care if Jimora himself is the QB, just win the game!

Ebenezer
09-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Win the game...and knock Vick out if you can.

Typ0
09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't think it matters...we beat them either way. But we will beat them worse if Vick doesn't play...

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
No, I don't want him to play. Just look at their record when he's not in there and you'll see why. :;

Novacane
09-20-2005, 05:36 PM
I think we beat them easier if Vick Does play. He'll won't be 100% so his running will be neutralized and Schaub is a better passer.

Luisito23
09-20-2005, 06:41 PM
ur on drugs. i rather get a sure win

I am, and me 2.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
09-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Just win baby!

DynaPaul
09-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Vick will play and we will win. Mark it in your books.

Scumbag College
09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
The Bills aren't good enough yet to "test" themselves against a top tier player if they have to. If Schaub starts, I and all other Bills fans should be happy.

DMBcrew36
09-20-2005, 10:03 PM
I want Vick to play because I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's entertaining to watch.

Dozerdog
09-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Win the game...and knock Vick out if you can.
Yeah, win the game and make sure Vick isn't healthy enough to play the Jets, Fins, & Pats.......

I think Vick will play, but will be a bit immobile (by his standards). A pure pocket Vick will have a long day

RedEyE
09-20-2005, 10:23 PM
I think we have the speed on D to contain Vick regardless if he's healthy or not. I'm more concerned about the offense getting off the ground, perhaps leaving the Bills D on the field too long...again.

Mahdi
09-21-2005, 12:57 AM
I dunno if someone already bought this up...You probally know that Vick is questionable for this Sunday's game. Personally, I hope Vick not only plays, but also is at least 90%.

I would much rather beat Vick and the Falcons in a close game than beat Schaub (their backup QB). Here are my reasons, in no particular order:

1. Our defense needs this game...our run defense probally feels they have something to prove. Especially if they want to be one of the best ever. Even the Texans gained about 100 yards in the opener. And we all know what happened against Tampa. Our defense is mad. What better way for our run defense to step up than to stop Vick and Dunn? They were the #1 rushing team last year.

2. JP Losman would feel much better if he beat the Vick-led Falcons, which would do big things for his confidence. As a young player, JP needs to play against and overcome great defenses in order to improve his game. The Falcons have great LBs and an up and coming star in DeAngelo Hall. Let's see how JP reacts after a bad loss against Tampa.

3. As fans and as a team, I think we get too caught up when the Bills win easy games - myself included. If you think about it, the Bills haven't proven much. To be elite, we must beat the elite teams. This weekend will be a great opportunity to start becoming elite.

4. Although it's early in the season, this game could prove to be a turning point for our team. The Falcons get big media attention, and people around the league will pay attention to this game. If we can handle them, look for us to start playing better.

I'm glad JP played poorly against Tampa. It brought him back to Earth. Let's see how he responds.
I completely agree, well put. I will also will be at the game so I'd rather watch the Bills beat the Falcons with Vick in there. I think the Bills need to prove to themselves that they can beat an elite team. That won't be the case if Vick doesn't play.

Tinboy
09-21-2005, 01:24 AM
I want to watch a good game and get a win, Vick or no Vick.

The_Philster
09-21-2005, 03:18 AM
I want Vick to play because I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's entertaining to watch.He'll be more entertaining getting drilled into the turf

DMBcrew36
09-21-2005, 07:01 AM
He'll be more entertaining getting drilled into the turf
That too.

I'd like to see him go for one of his runs before getting totally nailed by Spikes or Fletcher

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 07:04 AM
I want Vick to play ---- but for the Bills!
If this team was built from the right side (Mike Williams)... why not? LOL!

Stewie
09-21-2005, 07:39 AM
I think we beat them easier if Vick Does play. He'll won't be 100% so his running will be neutralized and Schaub is a better passer.

That's just absolutely insane.

They're like a minor league football team without Vick.

Novacane
09-21-2005, 08:37 AM
That's just absolutely insane.

They're like a minor league football team without Vick.

Maybe true with a healthy Vick. If he can't run like he usually does he should not scare anyone. He is not going to beat many teams with his arm alone.

Ron Mexico
09-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Vick is gonna be makin Buffalo Burgers wif or wifout a bum knee. Lookout, B-lo. I saw how bad your D sucks against the hated Bucs. If you can't stop them you don't have a chance against us.

Lexwhat
09-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Seems to me too many people are underestimating Mike Vick, getting caught up in that hype. If he played for the Bills, we would marvel at his abilities with him leading us to the playoffs. It's Homerism. Stats are okay, but as people have said, its wins/losses. I mean, people here speak about JPs strong arm, great scrambling ability, and strong confidence. Mike Vick is in the same mold, but with a stronger arm and the best scrambling ability of any QB. His potential as a passer hasen't even been reached yet.

This will be only his 3rd full season (because of injuries) and 2nd with coach Jim Mora Jr. Criticize his passing game, but except for TE Alge Crumpler, what receiving has he really had? Peerless Price as his #1? You all know about that one. Imagine if he had a premier receiver at his disposal.

As of now, Atlanta has some very young receivers. Roddy White is a rookie this year, and Michael Jenkins is in his 2nd year. Give Vick this year, and he will improve. Why do fans and media give him a smaller learning curve than other QBs? The west coast offense takes a very long time to learn, it's not like other systems, you all know that.

Maybe it's something personal some people have against Vick. Something about black athletes and lots of publicity. Not tryin to ruffle any feathers, or point out anyone, but that's how I feel. I'm simply stating what most of you, in the back of your mind, know is true. Give credit where it's due.

Lexwhat
09-21-2005, 10:30 AM
As for my last paragraph, no need to respond. Just food for thought.