PDA

View Full Version : BFZ3

Devin
09-20-2005, 08:37 PM
WTF how long does it take to go through?

chubluv
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
:idunno:

I have Carnell Williams or Steven Jackson on the trade block. I'm looking for a decent WR in return.

Typ0
09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
people are jerks about these things I guess. To me, this is a good trade for both parties involved...I need a receiver and you have depth there...and you need a back and I have depth there. The arguement about Parker is BS...I know there is a bit of a risk...but neither Bettis or Staley are or ever have been healthy. If Parker is a young healthy back he's going to keep ripping things up in PIT because they are winning and he's getting the job done. I'm beginning to think people just reject the trades because two teams are getting better in the league and it's a threat to them. This trade isn't that one-sided that it isn't viable and people should have such strong objections.

Charlieguide
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Right now it's hard to say much about this trade. IMO, it doesn't look like collusion or anything -- you're not trading Shaud Williams for TO or anything like that.

Personally, I think the guy giving up Harrison is getting the raw end of the deal, but that's not what the approval system is there for.

Devin
09-20-2005, 10:32 PM
It is slightly out of my favor but I need a RB and have depth at WR.

Are people supposed to be voting on this or what?

Sabre Ally
09-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I posted on the league message board. I don't see a problem with it. You both know what you're doing, and it fills an important team need. Shipp and Chris Brown at RB? C'mon, people, anyone can see that Parker is an improvement, and he already has Randy Moss, he can afford to give up Harrison.

Typ0
09-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I posted on the league message board. I don't see a problem with it. You both know what you're doing, and it fills an important team need. Shipp and Chris Brown at RB? C'mon, people, anyone can see that Parker is an improvement, and he already has Randy Moss, he can afford to give up Harrison.

thank you. I just love it when I go over there and see people aggressively lobbying against a trade. Jeeze the approval system is so slugs can't trade two teams together to get one good team and one bad team. This isn't about every armchair QBs attitude about a trade. People (IE BillsFever) totally has neglected the fact that Devin really needs the back and in order for me to trade I'm going to have to improve my team somehow. Honestly, I don't even know if I improved with Harrison but we'll see...I wouldn't have even been interested in him had I not had Manning on my team because I think Harrison is going to be challenged to put up good numbers consistently.

Devin, I didn't mean to short you on the trade...in fact I'm going to send you a PM about something in a sec. Overall, I thought it was a good fit for both teams that's why I proposed it.

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 12:33 PM
thank you. I just love it when I go over there and see people aggressively lobbying against a trade. Jeeze the approval system is so slugs can't trade two teams together to get one good team and one bad team. This isn't about every armchair QBs attitude about a trade. People (IE BillsFever) totally has neglected the fact that Devin really needs the back and in order for me to trade I'm going to have to improve my team somehow. Honestly, I don't even know if I improved with Harrison but we'll see...I wouldn't have even been interested in him had I not had Manning on my team because I think Harrison is going to be challenged to put up good numbers consistently.

Devin, I didn't mean to short you on the trade...in fact I'm going to send you a PM about something in a sec. Overall, I thought it was a good fit for both teams that's why I proposed it.
I'm not the only one who had a problem with it.

A top WR for a RB who might not even be the starter in a few weeks?

You were *****ing about me offering Davis for Holt. This isn't any different. If Devin wants to get screwed that's his problem I guess.

You must still be pissy because you messed up our one draft by taking a keeper player and I wouldn't let you break the rules on working it out. You can't please everyone.

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Hell I'd give him Portis or McGahee for Harrison who are proven players. If wants to dump Harrison for Parker more power to him.

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 12:38 PM
By using Typ0's logic in my other thread.

How can you trade an undrafted player for a 1st round talent? :rofl:

Devin
09-21-2005, 01:22 PM
I think hes working something out with Staley to keep things fair, he offered to do this I did not ask.

Typ0
09-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Hell I'd give him Portis or McGahee for Harrison who are proven players. If wants to dump Harrison for Parker more power to him.

why didn't you step up and make a trade offer to him then? all I am saying is if I'm going to make a trade I expect it to make my team better as well as the other players team. Is that unreasonable? Does that warrant blatant attacks on the idea of the trade in the messages at the league?