PDA

View Full Version : Losman Article

ScottLawrence
09-20-2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/saraceno/2005-09-18-saraceno_x.htm

"I just need to realize that Sam really does know what he's talking about, man," Losman said.

"My head is so discombobulated right now. I just want to see the film," he said. "But I know what happened: There were four plays where I could've been accurate. I'm furious. I know I could've put my team in a better position to win instead of using that (expletive deleted) 'young quarterback' excuse. Those are excuses for young guys who can't get the job done."

Is it me, or does this kid sound like another you know who?

Captain Obvious
09-20-2005, 09:38 PM

Please tell me you think he sounds like Jim Kelly, and not Ryan Leaf?

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Exactly w21. That sounds a lot like Kelly to me. Leaf would have exploded on the reporter and cried like a *****...

RedEyE
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Exactly w21. That sounds a lot like Kelly to me. Leaf would have exploded on the reporter and cried like a *****...
:rofl:

Tatonka
09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
what a great quote..

i know this game will make him better.. i cant wait to see him against atlanta.. they have a tough defense too.. but i know he will play much better and we will win that game.

Luisito23
09-21-2005, 12:02 AM
I know he will play much better and we will win that game.

Me too Mr. T. because the kid is special and btw who the (*(* is Ryan Leaf????????

:peace:

GO BILLS!!!!!

BucGuy
09-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I feel sorry for Losman having to play against the NFC South this year. That's 4 likely losses. He should do better against the AFC which has far weaker teams.

Luisito23
09-21-2005, 12:14 AM
I feel sorry for Losman having to play against the NFC South this year. That's 4 likely losses. He should do better against the AFC which has far weaker teams.

Idiota!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!

Captain Obvious
09-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Me too Mr. T. because the kid is special and btw who the (*(* is Ryan Leaf????????

:peace:

GO BILLS!!!!!
You don't know who Ryan Leaf is? In 1998 Indy Colts take Peyton Manning with the 1st pick in the draft. San Diego Chargers trade a 1st, another pick, and a player to move from 3rd to 2nd and select Ryan Leaf. He was an unmitigated disaster with the CHargers. Terrible play on the field. Embarrasing temper tantrums towards the media. ANy discussion of "who was the greatest bust of al time" Leaf has to be near the top.

Captain Obvious
09-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Considering we still have Atlanta and Carlolina at home I think will win at least one of those games. Our chances of beating NO is at least 50/50 regardless of where that game is.

Feeling pretty good about your team huh? Remember who your QB is. Not exactly in Donovan McNabb's league is he.

Mitchy moo
09-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I feel sorry for Losman having to play against the NFC South this year. That's 4 likely losses. He should do better against the AFC which has far weaker teams. We'll someday I think they maybe stronger, not today.

Mitchy moo
09-21-2005, 07:46 AM

He's another gamer, like Jimbo!!

Gunzlingr
09-21-2005, 08:09 AM

:rofl:

WTF is this guy smoking?? That is the most ******ed comment I have seen posted in a long time.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-21-2005, 08:23 AM
That first quote and the paragraph around that quote is very encouraging to me because it showed he learned something far more important than remembering the Xs and Os of Tapmpa defense.

It's the little details and perfecting those little things in practice what made Tom Brady from what I heard.

Losman is a cocky guy - all the scouting report said so. It's not far fetched that after the Texans game, his head got big and he thinks he knows it all.

Drawing on your own experience in your profession, don't you think you went through a similar phase when you had some success early? Especially at a young age, like 23, 24. I thought I knew everything after getting my B.A.Sc.

The first thing is attitude change which is often the most difficult part. Now he needs to put in hard work to work on it, and Losman does not sound like guys who are unwilling to go thorugh that.

My question is: did McGahee see a similar thing in his game and work on it?

Again drawing on my own experience, don't be surprised that this kind of recognition will happen many times in this season. I just hope we don't throw away too many games this season for Losman and Company to learn lessons.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2005, 08:57 AM
what a great quote..

i know this game will make him better.. i cant wait to see him against atlanta.. they have a tough defense too.. but i know he will play much better and we will win that game.
I agree. With JP's attitude, work ethic and willingness to learn, I think he will improve greatly from game to game - and by about midseason, we will have a guy who will keep us in every game.

osos
09-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I agree. With JP's attitude, work ethic and willingness to learn, I think he will improve greatly from game to game - and by about midseason, we will have a guy who will keep us in every game.

Definitively Losman will learn, and that will help him a lot. He is actually in the learning curve that all the young guys have being through (even Manning) in his rookie year.
but the one, that really worries me is Willis, I mean lets face it, this guy is just dancing out there, even in week 1, he didnīt show any real power to get in to the holes all afternoon, as he did last season.
iīm really worried

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2005, 10:28 AM
We should have kept Drew.

osos
09-21-2005, 10:41 AM
We should have kept Drew.

WHAT ?!"##%#$"$???

Donīt be crazy, Drew has his chance in 3 years in Buffalo, and he didnīt take very far, he is done, just wait and see in Dallas. JP is our future, he is just to raw and is normal.... he just need time thatīs all

Buckets
09-21-2005, 10:57 AM
We should have kept TH.

:lmao:

Gunzlingr
09-21-2005, 11:21 AM
We should have kept Todd Collins :mad: