PDA

View Full Version : Marice Clarette

Tatonka
01-05-2003, 10:43 PM
i know i spelled his name wrong..

i just heard on sportcenter that he said he wants to play defense next year.. rofl.. linebacker to be exact.

he says he is too good an athlete to just play on one side of the ball..

guy wins a championship and thinks he can play defense now because of one strip/fumble recovery. rofl.. he will want to kick off and punt soon too.

just made me laugh.. thought i would share

lordofgun
01-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Who's the guy who played like 120 plays on O and D? He looks pretty good.

Tatonka
01-05-2003, 10:51 PM
gamble.. he is a db.. who can play wr and returns kicks too... he is money.. yes.

Tatonka
01-05-2003, 10:52 PM
let me rephrase.. he is a shutdown db.

reminds me totally of champ bailey.

MelK
01-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Sunday, January 5

Clarett: I want to be an outside linebacker
http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/fiesta_030105clarett.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Ohio State's Maurice Clarett drew attention on and off the field this week leading into the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

And even with the Buckeyes' 31-24 double-overtime victory over the Hurricanes on Friday, things didn't change much for the sophomore running back.

Maurice Clarett wants to play defense, but can Ohio State's offense afford to lose him?

"I want to play defense next year," Clarett told The Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I'm too much of an athlete just to play on one side of the ball."

Clarett led Ohio State in rushing and scoring this season, but he told the newspaper he wants to try a spot at outside linebacker. Clarett's 5-yard touchdown run in the second extra session Friday helped seal the national title for the Buckeyes.

Chris Gamble has been effective for Ohio State, successfully playing both wide receiver and cornerback.

But can Clarett accomplish the same?

MelK
01-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Hey Mo!!!

You'll make more at RB than at LB.

colin
01-05-2003, 11:55 PM
any RB make more than Brooks or Lewis?

A great player can make $$$$

SABURZFAN
01-06-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by MelK
Hey Mo!!!

You'll make more at RB than at LB.

you got that right.

TigerJ
01-06-2003, 09:24 PM
We'd better file this away. Maurice Clarett is going to be locker room poison when he comes to the NFL. In addition to making his wishes known to play defence, he's putting down Ohio State big time. He's probably never going to be happy and will do his best to make sue everyone around him is always miserable too. His talent is undeniable, but based on what I've heard since Ohio State won the Fiesta Bowl, I wouldn't draft him period.

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2003, 06:36 AM
This just shows his immaturity. Give the kid a break, he's only a true freshman.

Hopefully someone pulled him aside and said that it would be nice if he could play in all the games offense only first, then he can play D.

Ð
01-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Can you spell D-E-I-O-N ? ;)

The_Philster
07-13-2003, 05:47 AM
NEW YORK -- Ohio State star Maurice Clarett received assistance to pass a class before the Fiesta Bowl, a university professor told The New York Times for Sunday's editions.

The running back passed African-American and African Studies 101 by taking two oral exams, Paulette Pierce, an associate professor, told the newspaper. She said she worked directly with Clarett and administered the exams after he walked out of the course's midterm exam during the fall semester.

It wasn't clear whether Clarett received special consideration, or whether university or NCAA rules were broken. Clarett, a freshman standout on the Buckeyes' national championship team, did not respond to the newspaper's requests for an interview....

more (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/apfootball_story.asp?category=2020&slug=FBC%20Ohio%20St%20Clarett)