PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Votes.

The King
09-21-2005, 01:03 PM
In the spirit of keeping the interest lets start gathering names for the 1st BZFL Pro Bowl.

Here is a template to use: The # is how many players you can nominate.
1 enty per owner. YOU MAY NOT NOMINATE MORE THAN THREE PLAYERS FROM YOUR OWN TEAM!!!! Please specify what BZFL team each player is on.

QB#2:
RB#3
WR#3
TE#2
T#1
G#1
C#1
DE#2
DT#2
OLB#3
ILB#2
CB#2
S#2
K#1
P#1
ST#2

The King
09-21-2005, 01:46 PM
QB#2: Peyton Manning HOU, Culpepper LAP
RB#3 Curtis Martin PIT, Willis McGahee LAP
WR#3 Isaac Bruce LAP, Chad Johnson KKS, Javon Walker PIT
TE#2 Tony Gonzalez KC, Eric Johnson ROC
T#1 Jonathan Ogden ERI
G#1 Chris Snee OKO
C#1 Kevin Mawae PIT
DE#2 Jason Taylor NYG, Julius Peppers EBE
DT#2 Greg Spires DEN, Kevin Williams TBT
OLB#3 Akin Ayodele DEN, Karlos Dansby ERI, Derrick Brooks NE
ILB#2 Tedi Bruschi ATL, London Fletcher RAM
CB#2 Nate Clements JER, Lito Sheppard ROC
S#2 Ed Reed DEN, Robert Griffith PIT
K#1 Phil Dawson EBE
P#1 McBriar OKL
ST#2 Drummond JER, Stecker PIT<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Devin
09-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Nice idea, ill try and submit mine tonight.

Sportsuser101
09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
QB Manning HOU - Culpepper LAP
RB Martin PIT - James NYG
WR Bruce LAP - C Johnson KKS - Holt TPT
TE Gonzalez KC, E Johnson ROC
T Clifton ROC
G Faneca NYG
C Mawae PIT

DE Berry LAP - Taylor NYG
DT K Williams TBT - Glover NE
OLB Dansby ERI - McGinest PIT - Bulluck NE
ILB Fletcher RAM - Bruschi ATL
CB Clements JER - Kelly JER
S Reed DEN - Hamlin CRK
K Dawson EBE
P Hanson NYG
ST Drummond JER - Ponder ATL

L.A. Playa
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
QB#2:Culpepper LAP, Manning HOU
RB#3 Martin PITT, McGahee LAP, Alexander ATL
WR#3 C Johnson KKS, Holt TBT, Muhammad ATL
TE#2 Gonzales, KC, Ejohnson ROC
T#1 Ogden ERI
G#1 Faneca NYG
C#1 Mawae PIT
DE#2 Berry LAP, Taylor NYG
DT#2 K Williams TBT, Glover NE
OLB#3 Brooks, NE, Washington TBT, RLewis NYG
ILB#2 Fletcher RAM, Bruschi ATL
CB#2 Clements JER, Gamble KC
S#2 Reed DEN, Hamlin CRK
K#1 J Brown Pit
P#1 Lechler LAA
ST#2 Drummond JER, Ponder ATL

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Yikes. Not one Bushwhacker even mentioned. TE Antonio Gates has over 750 yards recieving. OLB Lance Briggs should get SOME consideration. That's about it.

Ebenezer
09-21-2005, 03:45 PM
At the end of the season the game does choose an MVP along with some other stuff...I'll let you know.

R. Rich
09-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I'll have to work on this one.

From my own team, here's who I'd vote for and why:

OFFENSIVE PLAYERS

Kendyl Jacox, RG
The right side of our offensive line (among the best in sacks allowed and paving the way for Julius Jones to get 4.6 yards per rush, 6th best in the league) is the strength of our line, and Jacox, who was supposed to just be a fill-in player this year for Kendall Simmons who is on IR, has been outstanding.

Bryant McKinnie, RT
For the same reasons I mentioned for Jacox. On the right side, he's been a mauler. He also did well when switched over to the left side to fill in for Jonathan Ogden.

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS

Nick Barnett, ILB/MLB
Nick hasn't been as flashy as Karlos Dansby, but he's been the most consistent player in a very solid LB unit the Assassins have. He's 2nd on the team in tackles behind Dunta Robinson and is among the team leaders in just about every other category defensively.

Karlos Dansby, OLB
He's taken over the ROLB spot since I made the move to start him in week 6. Surprisingly, a team that was 0-5 w/ him on the bench has been 3-4 w/ him as a starter. Not great, but it's much better than our start. He leads our team in sacks (8 in 7 starts) and has shown the ability to defend the run, rush the passer, and, more importantly, create turnovers. He should be a starter in the BZFL Pro Bowl for sure.

Honorable mention to:
Dunta Robinson (leading in tackles and INTs; must generate more turnovers though)
Sean Taylor (intimidating hitter needs to be more dynamic; getting better)
Jonathan Ogden (injuries and penalties keep him from being on my ballot, but he's still a very good left tackle)

Michael82
09-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Apparently Donovan McNabb is very underrated. :ontome:

R. Rich
09-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I'll have to work on this one.

From my own team, here's who I'd vote for and why:

OFFENSIVE PLAYERS

Kendyl Jacox, RG
The right side of our offensive line (among the best in sacks allowed and paving the way for Julius Jones to get 4.6 yards per rush, 6th best in the league) is the strength of our line, and Jacox, who was supposed to just be a fill-in player this year for Kendall Simmons who is on IR, has been outstanding.

Bryant McKinnie, RT
For the same reasons I mentioned for Jacox. On the right side, he's been a mauler. He also did well when switched over to the left side to fill in for Jonathan Ogden.

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS

Nick Barnett, ILB/MLB
Nick hasn't been as flashy as Karlos Dansby, but he's been the most consistent player in a very solid LB unit the Assassins have. He's 2nd on the team in tackles behind Dunta Robinson and is among the team leaders in just about every other category defensively.

Karlos Dansby, OLB
He's taken over the ROLB spot since I made the move to start him in week 6. Surprisingly, a team that was 0-5 w/ him on the bench has been 3-4 w/ him as a starter. Not great, but it's much better than our start. He leads our team in sacks (8 in 7 starts) and has shown the ability to defend the run, rush the passer, and, more importantly, create turnovers. He should be a starter in the BZFL Pro Bowl for sure.

Honorable mention to:
Dunta Robinson (leading in tackles and INTs; must generate more turnovers though)
Sean Taylor (intimidating hitter needs to be more dynamic; getting better)
Jonathan Ogden (injuries and penalties keep him from being on my ballot, but he's still a very good left tackle)

...and just when I give praise to my OL, they give up 6 sacks in a game! Ugh. From 13 sacks allowed on the year to 19, just like that. Julius Jones is not finding any room to run, due to the ineffectiveness of the passing game. Leftwich has had 2 decent outings, but we're going to have to open it up more to create room for Jones to run. That may force Byron back into his turnover-laden old habits though. Oh well. I've got nothing to lose but another game or two........or 5.

Sabre Ally
09-22-2005, 10:48 AM
QB#2:
RB#3
WR#3
TE#2
T#1
G#1
C#1
DE#2
DT#2
OLB#3
ILB#2
CB#2
S#2
K#1
P#1
ST#2

I'll put these in later when I'm not at work and have time to study the stats, but I will say this......McQuarters deserves a nomination somewhere. Someone told me shortly after the draft that he wasn't an adequate starter at CB, but he has 3 interceptions which all went for TDs, and he also has 2 punt return TDs.

The King
09-26-2005, 08:49 AM
bump

The King
10-08-2005, 06:02 PM
lets get these numbers finalized

L.A. Playa
10-08-2005, 07:12 PM
League sack leader Adalius Thomas gets no votes ?? and Bertrand Berry not getting more votes?? its fixed LOL