PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Crisis
09-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Palmer @CHI or Hassleback home against the Cards. If Palmer wasn't going into a tough D's stadium I'd start him...But I think Hassleback will tear the Cards apart.

Fitzgerald @SEA
Burleson NO
Burress @SD

One of the 3. Leaning towards Fitz.

Typ0
09-21-2005, 05:07 PM
am I in this league? LOL

Meathead
09-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I have those two in one of my leagues and I went with Hoss.

Charlieguide
09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Isn't Burleson injured? I stay away from WR's if they're even Questionable. I've had too many try to tough it out, and pull up lame.

Dozerdog
09-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Palmer- always take the best guy

Sabre Ally
09-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Palmer...no reason to sit the guy the way he's playing, whether he's facing a tough D or not.

Burleson is out, and Burress still has Manning throwing to him...play Fitz.

Crisis
09-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Palmer...no reason to sit the guy the way he's playing, whether he's facing a tough D or not.

Burleson is out, and Burress still has Manning throwing to him...play Fitz.
I think this is the league I'm playing you this week. :snicker:

Charlieguide
09-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Fitzgerald is putting up superb #'s so far; I agree with Ally. Reports say he and Warner are really clicking.

PUCKER
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
I would defintely go with Palmer. I think hes going to have a career year.

Sabre Ally
09-23-2005, 10:36 AM
I think this is the league I'm playing you this week. :snicker:

Oh well. I'd rather face your best possible lineup than have a guaranteed win...takes all the excitement out of it. :peace:

Meathead
09-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Um …

While y'all are making it sound like starting Palmer is a no-brainer, allow my cell-challenged cranium to take a stab at justifying a Hoss start.

One of the worst kept secrets in the league is that the Chicago offense sucks. Palmer has been hot, but why would you be airing it out all game in a hostile stadium when their offense will likely be giving you good field position? Once they get the lead Palmer may be handing off all afternoon. Oh, and btw the Bears D is playing great.

Meanwhile, Hoss is at home, where he statistically has thrown as many TD passes as just about anybody in the league the last few years. The only possible danger here is that the Cards give up a lot of rushing yards so Alexander could steal the show. But nevertheless Hoss should get around 250 yards and a couple TD’s, putting him in 18-22 pt territory. Palmer could end up there, too, but he appears more likely to tank a bit than Hoss, so I’m going with the home dude.

To be honest, I might switch to Palmer again. I’ve already gone back and forth in the two (it turns out) teams I have this situation with. The point is it’s essentially a toss-up.

Hoss, btw, is only one spot behind Palmer on TSN’s recommended starters, #4/5. I just noticed that. That's virtually tied.

Sabre Ally
09-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Someone forgot to tell Detroit last week that the Chicago offense sucks.

Meathead
09-24-2005, 10:05 AM
So does Detroit's defense.

Meathead
09-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Man, I still can't decide. Check out what TSN says about Hoss:

Latest update
Hasselbeck needs to click his cleats together and tell himself there's no place like home. He continued his trend of playing better at Qwest Field with a turnover-free game against the Falcons in Week 2. Last year, Hasselbeck evenly split his 22 touchdowns between home and road games, but 12 of his 15 picks came on the road. Sunday's matchup against the Cardinals should mean another good game at home. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)
Fantasy Source spin: There's nothing to indicate that he won't be a good start in Week 3. Go with him.

I may have to start Palmer just because he's been so hot, but I'm gonna kick myself if Hoss goes off against the Cards at home.

Typ0
09-24-2005, 11:53 AM
I can't wait to see what you folks do...I know what I would do it's a no brainer.

Meathead
09-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Start Bledsoe?

Typ0
09-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Start Bledsoe?

I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to start DB against a team with no pass rush in a game that didn't matter :snicker:

Crisis
09-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Good thing I went with Palmer!

Novacane
09-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Good thing I went with Palmer!

I know. Damn touchdown hog Alexander

Meathead
09-27-2005, 06:26 AM
I went with Palmer on my teams as well, fortunately. Still, it could have easily turned out differently. It was essentially a coin-flip.

Typ0
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
shows what I know....I thought Hasslebeck was the clear choice considering the match ups.

Gunzlingr
09-27-2005, 11:12 AM
I know. Damn touchdown hog AlexanderWorks for me, don't ya think Meathead?

Crisis
09-27-2005, 02:52 PM
I went with Palmer on my teams as well, fortunately. Still, it could have easily turned out differently. It was essentially a coin-flip.
I had Hassleback in until a gut feeling 20 minutes before kick off made me take him out!

I would've lost if I started Hassleback.