PDA

View Full Version : I've been digesting this loss all week..

Jeff1220
09-21-2005, 03:29 PM
and I'm beginning to think that letting LJ Shelton go could've been a mistake.

Dilfer has 614 yards in 2 games and a 95.1 rating (and I don't think he's been sacked). While it's not all the line and certainly not all the LT, I think he could've helped this team. Buffalo's line resembled swiss cheese vs. Tampa.

Crisis
09-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Gandy wasn't that bad against Rice. The rest of the line was garbage.

casdhf
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Gandy played well in both games so far

DynaPaul
09-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Cleveland's line is killer now with the addition of Shelton and Andruzzi. There was an article about how well they've done recently.

finsrclowns
09-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Sorry but this argument isn't going to wash with me. If Gandy was blocking like a swinging gate I'd agree but he isn't- in fact I've barely noticed JJ not being here. The rest of the line is what we had last year plus Anderson who's > Tucker.

Last year's line was good enough for WM to lead us to a 7-3 record in our last 10 games. Now WM and Evans have a year's experience as starters and we got rid of the far less mobile Bledsoe who most people said was one of the reasons the line didn't look even better. We have a OL coach who's reputed as among the best in the business. TD and Mularkey said JP was not a step back and after 2 games I'm not ready to dispute that.

But at the end of the day JP's play will decide whether the team steps forward or back from last year. Not the line, not the play calling, not Eric Moulds slowing down or Parrish being out, not the schedule, not the weather, not anything else. JP.

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Willis hasn't been the same runner as last year. The line isn't any worse. McGahee isn't performing the same.

If anything it has improved. Losman has only been sacked 3 times. That was usually 2 quarters for Bledsoe.

colin
09-21-2005, 05:16 PM
our line was the best unit in our O last week.

they were not good, but not horrilbe. everyone else was horrible.

we sucked throbbing penis last sunday, we will have to make it up on hotlanta.

willis run like crap on sunday, he is going to have to be more decicive next week.

Michael82
09-21-2005, 05:45 PM
hmmm, maybe you do have a point. Here's the current matchup. Gandy hasnt done too bad, but Shelton has done GREAT!

BillsFanCupp38
09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
and I'm beginning to think that letting LJ Shelton go could've been a mistake.

Dilfer has 614 yards in 2 games and a 95.1 rating (and I don't think he's been sacked). While it's not all the line and certainly not all the LT, I think he could've helped this team. Buffalo's line resembled swiss cheese vs. Tampa.

I was very impressed with gandy's performance against rice. He did exceptionally well and i think i only heard rice's name once the whole game.

mysticsoto
09-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Some people are finding it hard to digest this...but this past week's loss was a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT. There was not one person that you can pinpoint the blame on, unless you want to point at Mularkey as the leader of the team. But Mularkey can't play for the players. Ultimately, it was a team effort in the total loss that we had. Let's get over it and move on and stop nitpicking about Verba, LJ Shelton, Drew, Travis Henry, etc. We can do what-ifs until we're dead, and it won't change a thing or prove that with that player, things would have been different. The good news is the players appear to be disgusted with themselves. I hope they take it out on Atlanta this week!!!

colin
09-21-2005, 08:42 PM
hmmm, maybe you do have a point. Here's the current matchup. Gandy hasnt done too bad, but Shelton has done GREAT!

shelton is friggen huge!!

HHURRICANE
09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
BOTTON LINE:

McGahee sucked which put all the pressure on our passing game. We should have thrown a deep ball on the first play from scrimmage!! Maybe they would have not played the run so hard!

DaBills
09-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Line's good enough to shield JP week one but swiss cheese the second week. Hard to believe they could tank so quickly. Give credit to Kiffin for calling a tough defensive game. I think they did enough to confuse our O-line and WM and we just didn’t prepare.

A trend I see concerns me though: it looks like the MM is trying to either develop JP or WM at the expense of the other. Going with three passes and a run, then repeat will not get WM into a groove. He needs a steady diet of 20-25 from the start. How's he going to do it with JP showing off his arm?

Develop JP by establishing the run, which will in turn set up the pass.