PDA

View Full Version : HOUSTON IS NOT GOING TO HAVE ANYMORE HOME GAMES!

Mitchy moo
09-21-2005, 03:59 PM
http://us.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/21/rita/index.html

There is like 700 more miles of VERY warm water in between where it is now and houston. It is probably not going to slow down and I feel we will see a NewOrleans like scenario set up with the shelter and mess after, what a shame.

Devin
09-21-2005, 04:01 PM
It wont be as bad simply because Houston wont flood the way NO did. But a storm that size is a freight train, its going to demolish everything in site.

Lets hope people get out this time.

I can't believe this is happening again.

Crisis
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
God must hate **** and cowboys.

The King
09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
unreal

Nic82
09-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm here in Houston. Pray for us.

I have a tough decision to make... I live with my girlfriend walking distance from Reliant Stadium. She is pregnant and is due 9/29 - a week away. Our hospital is right down the street and our doctor wants us to stay put, but we live in a flood prone area. We can't go to Dallas or San Antonio because my girlfriend can't travel so close to her due date. I can stay put or I can go to my parents house in Sugar Land, which is about 20 miles southwest of Houston. Sugar Land probably won't flood, but then we will be at least 45 minutes from our hospital in the event she goes into labor. What should I do?

BleedinGreenNC
09-21-2005, 04:59 PM

I have a tough decision to make... I live with my girlfriend walking distance from Reliant Stadium. She is pregnant and is due 9/29 - a week away. Our hospital is right down the street and our doctor wants us to stay put, but we live in a flood prone area. We can't go to Dallas or San Antonio because my girlfriend can't travel so close to her due date. I can stay put or I can go to my parents house in Sugar Land, which is about 20 miles southwest of Houston. Sugar Land probably won't flood, but then we will be at least 45 minutes from our hospital in the event she goes into labor. What should I do?You have blessings from me and my family, i would get as far away from that thing as possible, good luck and be safe!

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 05:09 PM

I have a tough decision to make... I live with my girlfriend walking distance from Reliant Stadium. She is pregnant and is due 9/29 - a week away. Our hospital is right down the street and our doctor wants us to stay put, but we live in a flood prone area. We can't go to Dallas or San Antonio because my girlfriend can't travel so close to her due date. I can stay put or I can go to my parents house in Sugar Land, which is about 20 miles southwest of Houston. Sugar Land probably won't flood, but then we will be at least 45 minutes from our hospital in the event she goes into labor. What should I do?

I agree with the Jets fan- get the F out! If it's as bad as it looks, your hospital may not even be operating. If she has to deliver at another hospital, obviously that's not ideal but it's better to be safe and have the ability to move around than to be stuck in the heart of the thing.

STAMPY
09-21-2005, 05:10 PM
is Dallas safe?

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Get out and go to another hospital if necessary. Do not stay in a flood prone area.

The last buffalo fan
09-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Go home with your parents, then ask for instructions from 911. You got to be relaxed, just to make people around you comfortable. Try to do any research, about what you could need before/during labor, now or as the soonest as you can. But, do not stay there.

Our prayers will be with you, and all the people in danger. God bless you.

MarvLevy
09-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Mannnnnnn..get out! come to NJ. I'll have my wifes doctor deliver for you! How can a doctor want u in harms way?

My prayers are with u. I have a feeling u will be just fine though. God Bless. And congrats on the new arrival!

Mitchy moo
09-21-2005, 06:33 PM

Wow, what a problem. Maybe she can be induced or get a C-section and have the baby and then you can travel. Whatever you do, get away from the storm surge and flooding. We'll all say a prayer for you and your neighbors, goodluck and please be careful.

gannd
09-21-2005, 06:48 PM

I have a tough decision to make... I live with my girlfriend walking distance from Reliant Stadium. She is pregnant and is due 9/29 - a week away. Our hospital is right down the street and our doctor wants us to stay put, but we live in a flood prone area. We can't go to Dallas or San Antonio because my girlfriend can't travel so close to her due date. I can stay put or I can go to my parents house in Sugar Land, which is about 20 miles southwest of Houston. Sugar Land probably won't flood, but then we will be at least 45 minutes from our hospital in the event she goes into labor. What should I do?This is an emergancy. I'm sure any hospital will take you because of this.

capitolneal
09-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Come to Austin they have Mid wifes here don't worry be Happy

Gunzlingr
09-21-2005, 08:23 PM

I have a tough decision to make... I live with my girlfriend walking distance from Reliant Stadium. She is pregnant and is due 9/29 - a week away. Our hospital is right down the street and our doctor wants us to stay put, but we live in a flood prone area. We can't go to Dallas or San Antonio because my girlfriend can't travel so close to her due date. I can stay put or I can go to my parents house in Sugar Land, which is about 20 miles southwest of Houston. Sugar Land probably won't flood, but then we will be at least 45 minutes from our hospital in the event she goes into labor. What should I do?go, there are other hospitals.

BAM
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
THIRD most intense storm in HISTORY??? Dammmmmmn!

Get the F outta there dude!

FlyingDutchman
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
I saw tonight that they were evacuating hospitals already. Id get out, youd rather be in an area safe and where hospitals will be capable of handling you. You dont want to be stuck down there with little medical help available plus with the damage that will probably come you might not have the facilities you planned on using available and will probably have to go else where anyways. Your in my prayers, I hope you make good decisions, and god will watch over you and your family.

vicmantak
09-21-2005, 10:44 PM

I have a tough decision to make... I live with my girlfriend walking distance from Reliant Stadium. She is pregnant and is due 9/29 - a week away. Our hospital is right down the street and our doctor wants us to stay put, but we live in a flood prone area. We can't go to Dallas or San Antonio because my girlfriend can't travel so close to her due date. I can stay put or I can go to my parents house in Sugar Land, which is about 20 miles southwest of Houston. Sugar Land probably won't flood, but then we will be at least 45 minutes from our hospital in the event she goes into labor. What should I do?Nic you are living in a great country. You have the best FREEways worldwide and just go to the west. Any hurricane is not eternal.

Michael82
09-21-2005, 10:53 PM

Get the hell out now. Seriously, this is a major storm and will effect Houston badly, IMO. If you can, get you and your family out of these asap. Go as far West as you can go...or even South. :up:

gannd
09-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Actually now that I think of it that story has to be made up, no doctor would say stay there.

CuseJetsFan83
09-22-2005, 12:53 AM
i dunno, some doctors do put travel warnings so close to a birth....... just stay in sugarland...... as long as it stays on the current track.....thing is.... if it swings about 20 miles south... it would be dead on there..... your better off traveling to san antonio, dallas, or even eastward on this one......

Samphin1
09-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Miami was rocked with Hurricanes last season for the first 5 or 6 games. Nothing, obviously, to the extent of what N>O. got or what Texas is about to get, but it was bad. These storms seem to be getting worse with each passing one. I don't know man. The gulf coast could be a ghost coast in a few weeks.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Miami was rocked with Hurricanes last season for the first 5 or 6 games. Nothing, obviously, to the extent of what N>O. got or what Texas is about to get, but it was bad. These storms seem to be getting worse with each passing one. I don't know man. The gulf coast could be a ghost coast in a few weeks.
Full of ghosts is a worse scenario.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2005, 08:39 AM
GOD HELP YOU ALL OVER THERE. :pray::pray:

STAMPY
09-22-2005, 08:47 AM
come to long island

billsfan0404
09-22-2005, 03:28 PM
I live about 150 miles north of houston. there are a ton of folks headed this way, but with the way traffic is, i'm afraid so many people won't get to safety in time. every highway out of south east texas is at a near standstill. most of the projected paths show rita coming right through where I live. It could hit anywhere from corpus christi to lake charles, la. i'm just praying that people get to safety in time, and that they can find gas, most of the stations down in houston are running out.

Please God, have mercy.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
I live about 150 miles north of houston. there are a ton of folks headed this way, but with the way traffic is, i'm afraid so many people won't get to safety in time. every highway out of south east texas is at a near standstill. most of the projected paths show rita coming right through where I live. It could hit anywhere from corpus christi to lake charles, la. i'm just praying that people get to safety in time, and that they can find gas, most of the stations down in houston are running out.

Please God, have mercy.
AMEN.

justasportsfan
09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
You have my prayers NIc2 and everyone

Mitchy moo
09-22-2005, 03:56 PM
i THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE A NIGHTMARE FOR ALL OF US!

Mitchy moo
09-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Shouldn't NFL be ready for another Saints Scenario? What about MLB?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9440544/

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050922/050922_hurricanePrep_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg

Ouch!!

Voltron
09-22-2005, 04:20 PM

I used to live off of 290. Talked to a few friends today and all the Freeways are a mess! Every Free way is one way only and it is still total gridlock. I think the best thing to do is to At least get out torwds Cypress where they have a lot higher Ground.

Das_Bills
09-22-2005, 11:05 PM
My prayers go out to all the people in the path of this Hurricane. I don't think it would be as bad as Katrina but Galvaston will be left in ruins =(

Steve
Bills Backer
St Marys Chapter

Nic82
09-23-2005, 12:53 AM
I thank you Bills fans for all your suggestions and concerns. I am now safely in Sugar Land. Thankfully, the brunt of the storm will most likely miss us west of Houston. It's a surreal scene here in Houston, its almost like a movie. Many people are stranded on the highways without gas. Lets pray for them and hope they are out of harms way before the storm hits. Many peoples cars are also overheating because the temperatures have been above 100 degrees the last couple of days. The storm should make landfall in about 24 hours. Bills fans keep Houston in your prayers! I hope to give everyone a full report on Monday. Hopefully we can also discuss a Bills victory.

GO BILLS!

Michael82
09-23-2005, 02:46 AM
I thank you Bills fans for all your suggestions and concerns. I am now safely in Sugar Land. Thankfully, the brunt of the storm will most likely miss us west of Houston. It's a surreal scene here in Houston, its almost like a movie. Many people are stranded on the highways without gas. Lets pray for them and hope they are out of harms way before the storm hits. Many peoples cars are also overheating because the temperatures have been above 100 degrees the last couple of days. The storm should make landfall in about 24 hours. Bills fans keep Houston in your prayers! I hope to give everyone a full report on Monday. Hopefully we can also discuss a Bills victory.

GO BILLS!
Thank God you decided to get out of there. I will definitely be praying for everyone in Rita's path. :pray:

JD
09-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Not good at all.... :sad: I really hope those people on the highway get out of there before the storm hits, that would be a huge disaster.....I was watching tv on how in some places there is a flood wall but it doesnt go all the way down the coastline... WTF is the point in building one in the first place if your not going to finish the damn thing?

I think we all need to do a little bit of praying today and tonight :pray:

Good luck to everyone in the path of this storm, and god bless.

Voltron
09-23-2005, 06:24 AM

GO BILLS!
I will pray for everyone but my cheating x-wife. I hope she is broken down on the side of 45 :snicker:

Mitchy moo
09-23-2005, 06:47 AM
I will pray for everyone but my cheating x-wife. I hope she is broken down on the side of 45 :snicker:
She'll get hers, don't worry.

BleedinGreenNC
09-23-2005, 08:03 AM
My prayers go out to all the people in the path of this Hurricane. I don't think it would be as bad as Katrina but Galvaston will be left in ruins =(

Steve
Bills Backer
St Marys ChapterThis hurricane was classified as the 3rd strongest in history, it's going to be bad!

Mitchy moo
09-23-2005, 11:38 AM
This hurricane was classified as the 3rd strongest in history, it's going to be bad!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9438536/

New orleans is filling up again.

Demon
09-23-2005, 03:49 PM
THIRD most intense storm in HISTORY??? Dammmmmmn!

Get the F outta there dude!

lol i like it, plain and simple, but gets to the point!

Sportsuser101
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM

My friends sister was a couple days away from having a baby and they drove up from Virginia to Jersey for her moms funeral. There are hospitals in other cities beisdes the 1 you live in. Good luck.

Voltron
09-23-2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9438536/

New orleans is filling up again.

http://mysite.verizon.net/barry.gates/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/att12339.jpg

Cntrygal
09-23-2005, 08:03 PM

Maybe the hurricanes are trying to get her.

This hurricane was classified as the 3rd strongest in history, it's going to be bad!

See?

Mike13
09-23-2005, 08:08 PM
unreal
It is isnt it, You guys dont know what hell is f you havent been through a Cat 4 or 5 hurricane theses last 2 bring back alot of memories of Andrew.

My prayers go out to all in the Gulf coast, lets hope Fema doesnt **** it up again

YardRat
09-23-2005, 08:13 PM
My sister's a nurse in the Houston area...she's staying put in the event she's needed.

Mitchy moo
09-24-2005, 09:48 AM
My sister's a nurse in the Houston area...she's staying put in the event she's needed.
Sounds like a nice lady.

JD
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/barry.gates/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/att12339.jpg
That graphic will sure piss off Devin alright.... :nervous:

Mitchy moo
09-25-2005, 09:25 AM
That graphic will sure piss off Devin alright.... :nervous:
it's classic.