PDA

View Full Version : One positive about Losman so far

BillsFever21
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
He hasn't thrown an interception or fumbled the ball in 56 attempts this year.

The_Philster
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
http://r.gnavi.co.jp/a271500/img/a271500l.jpg

Novacane
09-21-2005, 04:44 PM
His haters are obsessed with his "almost" interceptions. The **** is really going to be flying around here when he really does throw a couple ints :rolleyes:

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 04:56 PM
His haters are obsessed with his "almost" interceptions. The **** is really going to be flying around here when he really does throw a couple ints :rolleyes:

I wouldn't classify myself as a "hater" but he did throw at least 2, arguably more, that should have been picked. However, there are a lot of lucky breaks in football, and Losman just got lucky that the defenders didn't make the play. Hopefully it works as a freebie in our favor- Losman learns from a mistake that didn't really hurt the team because the defenders didn't make the play.

BTW he WILL throw INT's- this isn't a knock on him because it happens to every QB. It's just a matter of how the D responds and how he responds when he gets back into the game. And the key is not throwing picks in the flats that can be returned for touchdowns.

Philagape
09-21-2005, 05:11 PM
JP's second game is just what I would expect from any QB, on the road against a good defense, early in his first year of starting.

His first game was better than I would expect, regardless of opponent.

Therefore, the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm still encouraged.

OpIv37
09-21-2005, 05:19 PM
JP's second game is just what I would expect from any QB, on the road against a good defense, early in his first year of starting.

I expected jitters, but his passes were surprisingly inaccurate. I wasn't happy about that at all.

Philagape
09-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I expected jitters, but his passes were surprisingly inaccurate. I wasn't happy about that at all.

The jitters and the inaccuracy may be related. It looked to me like he was hurrying to get his passes off quickly, even when he didn't have to. On some plays, he didn't even read the defense, resulting in the near-picks. All of this will get better with experience.

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 06:00 PM
losman has a horse shoe up his ass.. so what.. just be happy he does.

Crisis
09-21-2005, 06:08 PM
That safety was worse than a pick/fumble.

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2005, 08:11 PM
losman has a horse shoe up his ass.. so what.. just be happy he does.
Judging by the feminine way his voice sounds, that's probably not all that's up there.

:snicker:

Tatonka
09-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Judging by the feminine way his voice sounds, that's probably not all that's up there.

:snicker:

thats not funny.. :mad: why does everyone dog on his voice all the time..

drew had a real deep voice.. definately no correlation to the deepness of a voice and skill.

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
thats not funny.. :mad: why does everyone dog on his voice all the time..

drew had a real deep voice.. definately no correlation to the deepness of a voice and skill.Hey, I never made any correlation with voice and talent. I think he's 100 times more talented than Drew.

I just think he and Jeff Garcia would get along real well.

:buddies:

MarvLevy
09-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey ..the guy shows emotion on the field. All Drew ever did was look confused and raised his arms.

BAM
09-21-2005, 08:42 PM
All I'm going to say is.. he's extremely lucky he doesn't have two on the season. That's all.

Thank God he doesn't though! Hope he can keep it up.

colin
09-21-2005, 08:46 PM
imo

losman's biggest asset is his raw athleticism, throwing on the run, running to avoid sackers, running to gain yards, and a strong arm.

we need to run him a lot more, obviously they want to develope his passing game, but lets run for lots of first down's while he is doing it.

pitts passes like 17 or so times a game. we aren't good enough slamming the rock to do that, but we could run the ball about 5 or 6 more times a game with JP, and i bet he'd have a big average too, and it would open up some passes.

RUN FOREST!! er, JP!!