• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Giant flips lid, douses 49er fan

From the Toronto Star

New York Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey threw a cup of ice water over his head and splashed a child in the first quarter of the NFC playoffs against the San Francisco 49ers yesterday.

The emotional Shockey, who often alienates opposing fans and players by his demonstrative nature, was being heckled by fans at the time. Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon said no one was hurt, and the rookie tight end was not restrained by security.

The boy was given a game ball by the Giants.

Full Story

Now we all know how to get a game ball.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

And this is a guy some people want in Buffalo.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
      You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
      • Jul 2002

I thought it was funny.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Jeremey Shockey is an a-hole and I loved it for no other reason than him when the 49ers came back to win...

Hey Jeremey...if you want your knees in this league heed my advice...shut up and play the game or somebody's going to take them out!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

He is just a rookie. I believe he will tone it down as he matures and will end up being in the same league as Warren Sapp when it comes to being a a$$. Giant fans love him and many of them told me that the team has gone without a personality player for too long.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
            He is just a rookie. I believe he will tone it down as he matures and will end up being in the same league as Warren Sapp when it comes to being a a$$.
            I don't believe he will...read some of the interviews with him back at Miami...he's a punk...and who says that Sapp has matured...he's still an arse.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jaded 7
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

What's the big deal? It's not like he meant to get the kid wet. I'm confused. How is this a big deal and why should the kid get a game ball?

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

What I was saying Eb is that I think as Shockey matures he will tone it down to be the same level of an horse backside as Sapp. Many rookies from Miami come out of college with an attitude. Jim Kelly had an attitude (not as bad as Sapp or Schockey) when he came out of Miami but he matured and turned into a real good guy. I was not a fan of Kelly when he graduated from Miami but he became my all-time favorite Bills player. I am not saying Schockey will turn into a good guy but I think he will eventually learn to tone it down a little.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

His attitude and performance reminds me a lot of both Keyshawn Johnson and Randy Moss. All three (Shockey, Johnson, and Moss) had stellar rookie seasons, but both Moss and Johnson took turns for the worse. My guess is that Shockey will also locate that turn. His mouth and attitude WILL only get him in trouble, and as soon as his performance begins to decline, he'll find NO ONE backing him. I hate players such as these ~ freakin' pre-madonnas.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Don't hold back, BAMF....tell us how you really feel!

i was impressed by Shockey this season. He is a young punk who needs to grow up, but he is also a pretty good tight end.

i tend to take the bigmouths, i.e. Sapp, TO, Moss, and Keyshawn, with a grain of salt. Their antics may have entertainment value at times, but the bottom line is, shut up and play the :angry:ing game.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

NFL reviewing Shockey for throwing cup into stands

The Associated Press

NEW YORK - The NFL is considering fining Jeremy Shockey for throwing a cup of ice water that hit two children in the stands during the Giants' playoff game against the 49ers.

The runner-up rookie of the year threw the cup over his shoulder in the first quarter while being heckled by fans after he complained about not getting a pass-interference call.
                      .....more
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X