PDA

View Full Version : DeWayne Robertson DT ?

TypicalBill
01-06-2003, 04:06 AM
DeWayne Robertson DT 6-3 311 Kentucky JR

Does anyone know if he's coming out or not???

TigerJ
01-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Everyone's assuming so. I think he's made noise to that effect, but I don't know that it's official yet. If he comes out he gets picked in the first round.

MelK
01-06-2003, 10:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Wed, Dec. 11, 2002

Dewayne Robertson will enter NFL Draft
HERALD-LEADER STAFF REPORT

Dewayne Robertson, a junior defensive tackle for Kentucky, will skip his senior season to enter the NFL Draft.

"I decided to declare for the draft because I feel I'm ready to make the next step," Robertson said yesterday. "I also want to make life better for my family. I feel I had a good year this year, and if that hadn't been the case, then I would have come back for my senior year."

Robertson was named to the All-SEC second team. He had 48 tackles this season, including 81/2 for losses; 13 quarterback hurries; one pass breakup; and one blocked kick.

Robertson had five sacks, the most on his team and tops among SEC defensive tackles.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/sports/4713088.htm

TypicalBill
01-07-2003, 02:27 AM
thanks guys

please be available when we pick :pray:

clumping platelets
01-07-2003, 02:52 AM
He's likely to be long gone by our pick in rd 2.

TypicalBill
01-07-2003, 05:12 AM
isn't there a chance that he'd slip and still be available in like the 2nd or 3rd pick in the second round. If thats the case, then i think we should trade up to get him. He's definately a difference maker and what our DL needs.

clumping platelets
01-07-2003, 05:38 AM
I actually prefer DT Kevin Williams from Oklahmoa St :up:

Most early mocks have Robertson in the top 15 of the 1st rd, but once the scouts get closer, who knows

TypicalBill
01-07-2003, 05:44 AM
Kevin Williams is good. I saw him in a bowl game last week i think. He seemed to always play on the other side of the field. He was in the QB's face all the time and making plays in the backfield. One problem that i remember was that he didn't show up in the first half. Kinda reminds me of Ron Edwards, he doesn't bring it every snap. Other than that i'd love it if we get him.

Dozerdog
01-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Another underclassmen named DeWyne from the great state of Kentucky..... I wouldn't mind seeing him taken with the #2 either....

Player Bio for DeWayne White /DE/Louisville (http://uoflsports.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/white_dewayne00.html)

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lou/sports/m-footbl/02-03roster/p-white.jpg

One of the nation’s dominant pass rushers ... national leader over the last two seasons with 27 sacks ... nation’s returning sacks leader after ranking No. 2 nationally with 15 as a sophomore ...

........ his 23 tackles for a loss last season rank No. 2 nationally among returning players ... named the Preseason Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year and the nation’s No. 3 defensive end by The Sporting News ... heading into his junior campaign he already ranks No. 3 at Louisville and No. 5 in Conference USA history with 27 sacks --.......

....... he needs five sacks to own the U of L record and nine for the C-USA record ... he also ranks No. 2 at U of L with 41 career tackles for loss, only two behind Michael Josiah for the school record ...

.......during his two-year career, Louisville’s defense has led the nation in sacks (96) and ranks No. 2 nationally in takeaways (69) and interceptions (44) ... preseason second team All-American selection by both The Sporting News and Athlon ... named to the Rotary Lombardi Award and Bronko Nagurski Trophy preliminary watch lists.

Source- Louisville Athletic Department

TypicalBill
01-07-2003, 08:53 AM
i dont know about white DOZER, i think he's a top 15 or 20 pick. It would take a miracle for him to drop to round 2. If we get him then our pass rushers would become one of the best young tendems. Although i doubt it'd happen but you never know. :pray:

Bert102176
01-08-2003, 01:03 PM
well if he comes out and is taken before us that means someone else slips to us, gotta think the positive way.

Earthquake Enyart
01-08-2003, 01:05 PM
I like the Kentucky QB. He goes about 300.

SABURZFAN
01-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
thanks guys

please be available when we pick :pray:

it's not happening.

DraftBoy
01-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Jared Lorenzen is not gonna be in the NFL Draft.

Dozerdog
01-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I like the Kentucky QB. He goes about 300.

Must have gone to the AVP workout camp