PDA

View Full Version : Another Profootballtalk.com blurb...

DynaPaul
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Don't know if there's any truth to this but here goes.

QUIET QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY IN BUFFALO

Although second-year pro J.P. Losman is by all appearances firmly in control of the quarterback position with the Bills, a league source tells us that, within the locker room, there's a brewing controversy.

Many players, we're told, believe that veteran Kelly Holcomb gives the Bills a better chance to win now.

Losman briefly was yanked late in the team's Week Two loss at Tampa, but was reinserted after one series.

But as coach Mike Mularkey tries to coax the best possible performance out of Losman, a chunk of the quarterback's teammates will continue to look to Holcomb, who took Cleveland by storm in late 2002 and beat out Tim Couch for the starting job in 2003.

Losman was a first-round pick of the Bills in 2004. The team traded back into round one with the Cowboys, sacrificing their 2005 first-rounder in order to jump on the former Tulane quarterback.

Through two games, Losman has thrown for 283 yards and one touchdown

Yasgur's Farm
09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
:bs: Not 1 quote... Not 1 named source.

DMBcrew36
09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Sure, maybe players have questioned if Holcomb would give them a better shot, but I think they all know that JP will get better, and that he is their guy in the end.

Iehoshua
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
The Enquirer of football news.

"JP is pregnant with McGahee's baby! Fletcher steamed! Who gets dumped!?"

Captain Obvious
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
One of PFT favourite whipping boys is Mike "Meathead" Tice. A few days ago when PFT referred to Mike Mularkey as Mike "Meathead II" Mularkey I could only cringe. Was this a reference to Mularkey pulling J.P. out of the T.B. game and then re-inserting him after one drive? PFT also suggested TD would throw Mularkey "under the bus" if the bills don't do well this year.

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
:yawn:

Garbage.

Night Train
09-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Why quote PFT ? They were called out a couple years back for making stuff up.

Might as well read the exploits of batboy in Weekly World News.

vinivedivichi
09-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Where's all the Jon Kitna fans at now? They don't seem to be quite as vocal as they were last year......

Quarterbacks need game experience to get better. Losman has the tools to be a great quarterback, he just needs the seasoning. While there's always the chance he'll be a bust, you'll never know unless you get him on the field. The players that are grumbling may be right to an extent, but their job is to play football - not worry about who's gonna be out there on the field with them.

DynaPaul
09-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Why quote PFT ? They were called out a couple years back for making stuff up.

Might as well read the exploits of batboy in Weekly World News.

I love Batboy! Do you know what he's been up to lately?

sba
09-23-2005, 11:55 PM
You guys really find this that hard to believe??

You think that with all the talent this team has in other areas that they're happy to sit by and watch Losman learn and us to go 6-10 this year??

You think Eric Moulds is happy he has 5 catches this season?

You think our defense is happy that they kept that game 9-3 at the half Sunday, despite playing 21 minutes out of 30??

This is absolutely true.

Stewie
09-24-2005, 12:04 AM
The kid knows it's a process. The team knows it's a process.

Some guys don't agree with the process.

It happens.

They'll deal.

daredevil25
09-24-2005, 01:42 AM
PFT sucks, same people that swore up and down that Mora wanted to trade Vick.

PromoTheRobot
09-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Mr. PFT was the basis for the 40-Year Old Virgin movie. He lives in his mom's basement.

PTR

Yasgur's Farm
09-24-2005, 08:38 AM

You think that with all the talent this team has in other areas that they're happy to sit by and watch Losman learn and us to go 6-10 this year??

You think our defense is happy that they kept that game 9-3 at the half Sunday, despite playing 21 minutes out of 30??

This is absolutely true.Yup your right... 100% truth... no sources, no quotes, no credibility... we can clearly see that it's the truth.

In spite of all the positives quotes and sources we do have from credible publications, you choose to believe this :crap:

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2005, 08:49 AM
This happens to nearly every rookie quarterback on every team in the NFL. PFT reporting about a possible QB controversy is pretty safe. I'm sure that even if they have no resources that there is some grumbling from some teammates. There is a tendency for struggling teams to point fingers and the easiest direction to point to is at Losman.

Anyone who didn't expect this kind of news had their hopes up way too high. That said, I still think Losman will be able to fight through the tough times and put up a nice performance once in a while. He seems to me, to be the type of player that will roll with it and keep getting better. I really think he is a student of the game and he was taught a nice lesson by a very good TB defense last week.

'nuff said. Time to watch and see how this team responds against another tough D. I'm going to have fun and watch some football.

Captain Obvious
09-24-2005, 08:55 AM

This is absolutely true.
I'm not saying I believe the PFT article, but you do have valid points. Judging by his comments after the TB game, Takeo Spikes was not happy he was on the field for 40 minutes. NOt that it matters but veteran players couldn't give a rats patoot about a young QBs learning curve. They want to win now. Hopefully J.P. start to produce, then all this will go away.

Night Train
09-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I love Batboy! Do you know what he's been up to lately?
:posrep: I think he's the President.

The last buffalo fan
09-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Logical and natural process, in any kind of activity, and or sport. At any level of competition, it is a regular and normal stuff, that if almost all the team is in the same page, there has to be a few new positions or element, where it could be a little dropoff. It has to be the same in our team, the defense, the ST, and even the O have to feel the same, but they don't choose the guy, or they don't have the right to say, let's put this or that gut in there. So, I guess they have to handle or deal with it.

But in the end, it is bull pupu, caca de toro. We are about to start the THIRD game, on the yet very young season, and we are taking care or paying atention to this little crap around us, why not just have a beer and take it easy people?? Enjoy the comments about our team, it is good also, that they are talking about us, just like Don Quijote said, "Let the dogs bark, it is as a signal, that we are coming" (or so).

Peace and love from Ricky Williams country dudes!!!!!