X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Wk3 MustWin 4 Losman?

One of the ProFootball.com websites is reporting some unrest in the Bills lockeroom as to whether Holcomb gives the Bills a better chance to win now.. Losman appears to be the future but this Defense and STs are probably at a championship level this year and some of the Vets seem to be growing a little restless with the young JP.

Moulds says that "Losman needs to pay closer attention to detail" and also says "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet" when referring to JP getting comfortable with the starting role.

Spikes also said after last weeks loss that "The Defense stayed on the field too long" taking a shot at the Offense not being able to even get a 1st down through most of the 1st half.

Could it be that wk3 is like a MustWin for JP?

If the Defense goes out and shuts down ATL's Offense and limits Vicks ability to take over by being a run threat and the STs puts JP and this Offense in good field position, If the Offense still has problems moving the ball.. don't be surprised If the calls for Holcomb to start begin to multiply from within the lockeroom.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: Wk3 MustWin 4 Losman?

In another post, I said that I want Vick to play on Sunday because of this game's implications. There's a lot on the line. The latest injury reports have Vick as probable. I bet it's more like 99% he will play.

If Losman and the Bills can beat the Vick-led Falcons, it would be a big boost of confidence for JP and the overall team. The Falcons have a very tough defense, at least in the front 7. Their running game, which is always important for road teams, is also excellent.

The game is almost a must-win - we are at home, with an opportunity to beat an elite team. It could be a turning point for our season.

If we win this one, the next step is to play tough road games against good teams, something we also have yet to do.

Comment

• sba
      • Dec 2004

Newsradio WTAM 1100 is Cleveland's only news radio station and an award-winning source of local news.

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

hahahhahahahahha. Man, if I had power to give rep, I'd be givin it to you son.

Who made this song?

Comment

• sba
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
          hahahhahahahahha. Man, if I had power to give rep, I'd be givin it to you son.

Who made this song?
          It's from his Cleveland days. Made by WTAM in Cleveland

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
            • Sep 2003

What game isn't a "must win" for Losman and the Bills? We fans are ready to jump off the Skyway every time we lose a game.

As far as that website, it's ProFootballTalk.com, and the guy who wites it, besides living in his mom's basement, basically makes this stuff up. He has already caught his tit in the wringer last season for getting caught in a bald-faced lie.

He has no press credentials, no access to players and/or coaches. Any info he does get is second-hand. Mostly stuff he reads on other websites, and stuff that he imagines could be true.

And to top it all off, he has shown he has an axe to grind with Tom Donahoe. It goes back a few years when TD called this guy out as a liar in a news story when he was in Pittsburgh. So I would not lose any sleep over what this guys has to say.

PTR

Originally posted by juice
            One of the ProFootball.com websites is reporting some unrest in the Bills lockeroom as to whether Holcomb gives the Bills a better chance to win now.. Losman appears to be the future but this Defense and STs are probably at a championship level this year and some of the Vets seem to be growing a little restless with the young JP.

Moulds says that "Losman needs to pay closer attention to detail" and also says "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet" when referring to JP getting comfortable with the starting role.

Spikes also said after last weeks loss that "The Defense stayed on the field too long" taking a shot at the Offense not being able to even get a 1st down through most of the 1st half.

Could it be that wk3 is like a MustWin for JP?

If the Defense goes out and shuts down ATL's Offense and limits Vicks ability to take over by being a run threat and the STs puts JP and this Offense in good field position, If the Offense still has problems moving the ball.. don't be surprised If the calls for Holcomb to start begin to multiply from within the lockeroom.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp
            10 Commandments of the D
            1. Never stop Rocking.
            2. Legalize all drugs.
            3. Quit your day job.
            4. All Religion should be taxed.
            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
            6. F**k her gently.
            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

It's a must-win for all 47 players. I see team names in the standings, not players' names.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                It's a must-win for all 47 players. I see team names in the standings, not players' names.
                There are 22 starters on the team and JPL is probably the only one that stands to lose his start if the Offense doesn't improve from last weeks game.

Losman is the only starter that hasn't earned his teamates respect.. by being handed the job without open competition his fellow players are already beginning to question his ability to lead the team to the playoffs.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

There are 22 starters on the team and JPL is probably the only one that stands to lose his start if the Offense doesn't improve from last weeks game.

Losman is the only starter that hasn't earned his teamates respect.. by being handed the job without open competition his fellow players are already beginning to question his ability to lead the team to the playoffs.
                  You have absolutely no knowledge of what any player is thinking, or who has whose respect. None.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

You have absolutely no knowledge of what any player is thinking, or who has whose respect. None.
                    It's really a shame that someone can have a bad game and then need to be rolled under the bus. Jim Kelly did not win every game nor did he expect to. Jim also couldn't close the door on the superbowl. So for JP to be different isn't a complete negative, maybe he'll get us there and finish it unlike others before him.

Comment

• Kerr
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Every game is a must win.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Not true Phil, If you look at the Link Moulds says in his quotes, basically that he doesn't know how long his patience with JP's sub-par play can last and that Losman needs to pay more attention to the basics - such as his progressions and reads.

I also know that any player who doesn't earn his position and is just given it by the coaching staff, lacks credentials and respect from those around him - all of whom have earned, through open competition, the right to be a starter in this League.

Do you think those defensive players who have been ranked in the top 3 for the last 2 years and again this year, are going to be as pateint with the young QB's progress as the staff who simply let a 9 game winner walk without compensation?

In this League you earn respect as a starter from teamates by out-performing other players at the same position.. Who has JP outperformed to earn the right or title of starter or team leader?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

So if what you are saying is true, then why did Dredsoe start for 3 seasons?

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                            So if what you are saying is true, then why did Dredsoe start for 3 seasons?
                            Bledsoe earned his title as starter his 1st season with the Bills when he Broke all the single season passing records, had 2 1000 yd recievers, and went to the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Bledsoe earned his title as starter his 1st season with the Bills when he Broke all the single season passing records, had 2 1000 yd recievers, and went to the Pro Bowl.
                              He was given the title from day one.
                              He fell apart in the second half of '02.
                              He never regained that level of performance again.
                              He fell apart in the games when the team needed him most for the next 2 1/2 seasons.

How do you explain then the fact that he started for all 3 years? You can't, which is why that logic doesn't apply to JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X