PDA

View Full Version : Wk3 MustWin 4 Losman?

juice
09-24-2005, 02:44 AM
One of the ProFootball.com websites is reporting some unrest in the Bills lockeroom as to whether Holcomb gives the Bills a better chance to win now.. Losman appears to be the future but this Defense and STs are probably at a championship level this year and some of the Vets seem to be growing a little restless with the young JP.

Moulds says that "Losman needs to pay closer attention to detail" and also says "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet" when referring to JP getting comfortable with the starting role.

Spikes also said after last weeks loss that "The Defense stayed on the field too long" taking a shot at the Offense not being able to even get a 1st down through most of the 1st half.

Could it be that wk3 is like a MustWin for JP?

If the Defense goes out and shuts down ATL's Offense and limits Vicks ability to take over by being a run threat and the STs puts JP and this Offense in good field position, If the Offense still has problems moving the ball.. don't be surprised If the calls for Holcomb to start begin to multiply from within the lockeroom.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp)

Lexwhat
09-24-2005, 02:56 AM
In another post, I said that I want Vick to play on Sunday because of this game's implications. There's a lot on the line. The latest injury reports have Vick as probable. I bet it's more like 99% he will play.

If Losman and the Bills can beat the Vick-led Falcons, it would be a big boost of confidence for JP and the overall team. The Falcons have a very tough defense, at least in the front 7. Their running game, which is always important for road teams, is also excellent.

The game is almost a must-win - we are at home, with an opportunity to beat an elite team. It could be a turning point for our season.

If we win this one, the next step is to play tough road games against good teams, something we also have yet to do.

sba
09-24-2005, 03:15 AM
http://www.wtam.com/audio_archive/audio/HOLCOMB.mp3

Lexwhat
09-24-2005, 03:28 AM
http://www.wtam.com/audio_archive/audio/HOLCOMB.mp3

hahahhahahahahha. Man, if I had power to give rep, I'd be givin it to you son.

Who made this song?

sba
09-24-2005, 03:42 AM
hahahhahahahahha. Man, if I had power to give rep, I'd be givin it to you son.

Who made this song?
It's from his Cleveland days. Made by WTAM in Cleveland

PromoTheRobot
09-24-2005, 08:21 AM
What game isn't a "must win" for Losman and the Bills? We fans are ready to jump off the Skyway every time we lose a game.

As far as that website, it's ProFootballTalk.com, and the guy who wites it, besides living in his mom's basement, basically makes this stuff up. He has already caught his tit in the wringer last season for getting caught in a bald-faced lie.

He has no press credentials, no access to players and/or coaches. Any info he does get is second-hand. Mostly stuff he reads on other websites, and stuff that he imagines could be true.

And to top it all off, he has shown he has an axe to grind with Tom Donahoe. It goes back a few years when TD called this guy out as a liar in a news story when he was in Pittsburgh. So I would not lose any sleep over what this guys has to say.

PTR

One of the ProFootball.com websites is reporting some unrest in the Bills lockeroom as to whether Holcomb gives the Bills a better chance to win now.. Losman appears to be the future but this Defense and STs are probably at a championship level this year and some of the Vets seem to be growing a little restless with the young JP.

Moulds says that "Losman needs to pay closer attention to detail" and also says "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet" when referring to JP getting comfortable with the starting role.

Spikes also said after last weeks loss that "The Defense stayed on the field too long" taking a shot at the Offense not being able to even get a 1st down through most of the 1st half.

Could it be that wk3 is like a MustWin for JP?

If the Defense goes out and shuts down ATL's Offense and limits Vicks ability to take over by being a run threat and the STs puts JP and this Offense in good field position, If the Offense still has problems moving the ball.. don't be surprised If the calls for Holcomb to start begin to multiply from within the lockeroom.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp)

Philagape
09-24-2005, 08:31 AM
It's a must-win for all 47 players. I see team names in the standings, not players' names.

juice
09-24-2005, 10:07 AM
It's a must-win for all 47 players. I see team names in the standings, not players' names.There are 22 starters on the team and JPL is probably the only one that stands to lose his start if the Offense doesn't improve from last weeks game.

Losman is the only starter that hasn't earned his teamates respect.. by being handed the job without open competition his fellow players are already beginning to question his ability to lead the team to the playoffs.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 10:41 AM
There are 22 starters on the team and JPL is probably the only one that stands to lose his start if the Offense doesn't improve from last weeks game.

Losman is the only starter that hasn't earned his teamates respect.. by being handed the job without open competition his fellow players are already beginning to question his ability to lead the team to the playoffs.

You have absolutely no knowledge of what any player is thinking, or who has whose respect. None.

Mitchy moo
09-24-2005, 11:32 AM
You have absolutely no knowledge of what any player is thinking, or who has whose respect. None.
It's really a shame that someone can have a bad game and then need to be rolled under the bus. Jim Kelly did not win every game nor did he expect to. Jim also couldn't close the door on the superbowl. So for JP to be different isn't a complete negative, maybe he'll get us there and finish it unlike others before him.

Kerr
09-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Every game is a must win.

juice
09-24-2005, 11:55 AM
You have absolutely no knowledge of what any player is thinking, or who has whose respect. None.Not true Phil, If you look at the Link Moulds says in his quotes, basically that he doesn't know how long his patience with JP's sub-par play can last and that Losman needs to pay more attention to the basics - such as his progressions and reads.

I also know that any player who doesn't earn his position and is just given it by the coaching staff, lacks credentials and respect from those around him - all of whom have earned, through open competition, the right to be a starter in this League.

Do you think those defensive players who have been ranked in the top 3 for the last 2 years and again this year, are going to be as pateint with the young QB's progress as the staff who simply let a 9 game winner walk without compensation?

In this League you earn respect as a starter from teamates by out-performing other players at the same position.. Who has JP outperformed to earn the right or title of starter or team leader?

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 11:56 AM
There are 22 starters on the team and JPL is probably the only one that stands to lose his start if the Offense doesn't improve from last weeks game.

So if what you are saying is true, then why did Dredsoe start for 3 seasons?

juice
09-24-2005, 12:03 PM
So if what you are saying is true, then why did Dredsoe start for 3 seasons?Bledsoe earned his title as starter his 1st season with the Bills when he Broke all the single season passing records, had 2 1000 yd recievers, and went to the Pro Bowl.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Bledsoe earned his title as starter his 1st season with the Bills when he Broke all the single season passing records, had 2 1000 yd recievers, and went to the Pro Bowl.He was given the title from day one.
He fell apart in the second half of '02.
He never regained that level of performance again.
He fell apart in the games when the team needed him most for the next 2 1/2 seasons.

How do you explain then the fact that he started for all 3 years? You can't, which is why that logic doesn't apply to JP.

AndreReed83
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
It's a must-win for all 47 players. I see team names in the standings, not players' names.

You're right. The second this team starts putting the brunt of the weight of winning on JP's shoulders himself, is when this season is officially lost. They have to focus and work as hard as they can on their own game, to allow everyone else a chance to play their game more efficiently.

The last buffalo fan
09-24-2005, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=juice]

So are the most of the 1st round picks, the kid is working, and it looks like his working his butt real hard. I just dont understand most of the bills fans, if the first round of other team is playing average everyother game, has a bright future. If it is buffalo first round, it is a bust already. I know, that we have to care only our picks, no other teams pick, but this is ridiculous. Why cant we give our players a break, if we can do it with other teams??

I know, and agree also, that yes, it is a must win, because the atmosphere that is surrounding our team now, and the shape is getting the division, if we want to take it, it is the best time to go for it. Now or never, take no prisioners.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Not true Phil, If you look at the Link Moulds says in his quotes, basically that he doesn't know how long his patience with JP's sub-par play can last and that Losman needs to pay more attention to the basics - such as his progressions and reads.

I also know that any player who doesn't earn his position and is just given it by the coaching staff, lacks credentials and respect from those around him - all of whom have earned, through open competition, the right to be a starter in this League.

Do you think those defensive players who have been ranked in the top 3 for the last 2 years and again this year, are going to be as pateint with the young QB's progress as the staff who simply let a 9 game winner walk without compensation?

In this League you earn respect as a starter from teamates by out-performing other players at the same position.. Who has JP outperformed to earn the right or title of starter or team leader?

A player earns respect by showing the right attitude and commitment and willingness to learn and leadership. JP has done all of this, and he also has earned respect with the talent he has shown and the plays he has made. If you're going to quote a teammate who was frustrated after a loss, then be fair and quote all of the times his teammates have praised him too. The praise has way outweighed the criticism. So I'll say again, you have no knowledge of what the team's attitude is. Your opinion is not knowledge.

And yeah, Drew "won" those nine games. :snicker: Thanks, Drew .... who needs a defense, ST and RB when we had him?

The last buffalo fan
09-24-2005, 02:11 PM
A player earns respect by showing the right attitude and commitment and willingness to learn and leadership. JP has done all of this, and he also has earned respect with the talent he has shown and the plays he has made. If you're going to quote a teammate who was frustrated after a loss, then be fair and quote all of the times his teammates have praised him too. The praise has way outweighed the criticism. So I'll say again, you have no knowledge of what the team's attitude is. Your opinion is not knowledge.

And yeah, Drew "won" those nine games. :snicker: Thanks, Drew .... who needs a defense, ST and RB when we had him?
Aren't you Mexican?? You got to be Mexican, pretty smart kid!!!

gannd
09-24-2005, 02:24 PM
It must be pretty frustrating knowing they have most of the parts in place for a championship run except for JP. But Moulds is nobody to talk as his game has gone way downhill. Didnt someone say he hasnt got a 100 yd game in the last 15 games?

I would lik eto see what Parrish can do. I know he is a rookie but having him run some deep patterns even if he isnt the one being thrown at softens up the routes a bit. Plus the whole team stunk it up last week, not just JP.

finsrclowns
09-24-2005, 02:45 PM
This isn't a must win. But it's possible that if we lose this one, especially if JP continues to struggle, then the NO game could become a must win for him. I'm not even sure of that of course and he could get another start after that. But no way we go 1-4 and JP continues as the starter IMO. We started 1-5 last year and still had an opportunity to make the playoffs but that would be too much to ask a 1st year starter to do and the brass has made a committment to doing what they have to this year to "move forward". That means playoffs. We have a good chance to win at least one of the next 2. That would take some heat off JP.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 05:20 PM

:up:

juice
09-24-2005, 05:32 PM
A player earns respect by showing the right attitude and commitment and willingness to learn and leadership. JP has done all of this, and he also has earned respect with the talent he has shown and the plays he has made. Thats a BS post Phil.. the only way to earn respect from players in the NFL is by proving that you can perform at the QB position against a quality opponent.. which JP has yet to prove.

It's performance not potential.. in this League.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Thats a BS post Phil.. the only way to earn respect from players in the NFL is by proving that you can perform at the QB position against a quality opponent.. which JP has yet to prove.

Then Drew sure never earned it :snicker:

I think I'll believe what the players say over your posts. They've said enough good things about JP over the course of the year to convince me.

colin
09-24-2005, 06:05 PM
c'mon people, do you really think that if JP stinks agasint atlanta at home people won't be calling for his ass to get yanked?

if we have a solid D special teams game and run well but lose, there is going to be some big time rumbling for losman to come out.

bottom line, this game is a must win game.

i think having losman pass about 20 times and jp running about 6 or 7 times would be the best mix. he will be directly contributing to the win, and we will get away from asking him to do too much.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 06:19 PM
How does the saying go? Three times is a trend or something like that?

Night Train
09-24-2005, 06:23 PM

Bullseye.

OpIv37
09-24-2005, 07:05 PM

To use a cliche- horseshoes and hand grenades. In the AFC, 9 wins won't get you into the playoffs, therefore there is no difference between a 9 game winner and a 2-game winner.

Thats a BS post Phil.. the only way to earn respect from players in the NFL is by proving that you can perform at the QB position against a quality opponent.. which JP has yet to prove.

When did Bledsoe beat a quality opponent? Last year we lost to NE (twice), Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Oakland, NYJ, and we beat Cleveland, SF, St. Louis, Arizona, Cincinnati, Seattle, and Miami (twice). Basically, all the teams we beat SUCK- we lost to all the mediocre or better teams we played last year.

MOBillsFan
09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
JP looked terrible last week. No doubt about it. Luckily he didn''t turn the ball over though. And that was luck he should have gotten picked once. Watching the kid I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. How much punishment can McGahee take against these eight man fronts? How much time can the D spend on the field before they start to wear down? These are problems we'll face all season. Let's not kid ourselves Holcomb isn't going to be the savior either. Let's pray JP will come around SOON and the D can carry us to a few wins until it starts to click for him. I think it's way too soon to give up on the kid, he has two starts under his belt...

juice
09-24-2005, 08:22 PM
c'mon people, do you really think that if JP stinks agasint atlanta at home people won't be calling for his ass to get yanked?

if we have a solid D special teams game and run well but lose, there is going to be some big time rumbling for losman to come out.

i think having losman pass about 20 times and jp running about 6 or 7 times would be the best mix. he will be directly contributing to the win, and we will get away from asking him to do too much.True post colin..

But someone had better teach JP how to run outta' bounds if he runs 7 times/gm.. the Falcons defense will break him in half.

colin
09-24-2005, 09:16 PM
seriously now kids, don't jump on juice for being contrarian.

JP could very well lose his job if he pulls another game like he had in tampa. we didn't do anything well there, and it was a really tough gamnd, but we just can't have our QB stink at home. i do think a couple things went wrong in that game in terms of putting jp in the best position, but if we had holcombe last year he would have been in in the 4th or 5th week with how bad drew was playing (and in 3 of our first 4 it was close enough that another player could have stepped up and helped us win).

i think JP will pull through and make plays, and you know i am all about using his running much more, but if for whatever reason he and our O looks really bad he is getting benched.

they way i see it, this team is on track if we are better at the end of the season particularly on O and with JP. i think that can happen.

we also need to win about 10 or 11 games, that requires us to never lose at home unless to the pats or carolina, and we can only lose one of those games.

we take on some tough teams at home, if we can sneak 3 or 4 away from
raiders
miami
jets
NO
SD
Cincy

then we are in like flynn.

if we drop a home game with JP and he stinks in it, the coaches are going to think long and hard about pulling him.

i figure with a dinged up vick and a hurt atlanta secondary we will look good enough against ATL for JP to progress and keep his job.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 10:04 PM
seriously now kids, don't jump on juice for being contrarian.

JP could very well lose his job if he pulls another game like he had in tampa. we didn't do anything well there, and it was a really tough gamnd, but we just can't have our QB stink at home.Why should this year be any different than the last 3 with Drew? He s**t the bed many, many times at home and on the road and he never lost his job until well after he stank it up.

if we drop a home game with JP and he stinks in it, the coaches are going to think long and hard about pulling him.

i figure with a dinged up vick and a hurt atlanta secondary we will look good enough against ATL for JP to progress and keep his job.There is no way JP loses his job, not at least for another 2-3 years. TD is not about to admit a mistake of that magnitude again (GW, Drew, etc.) so he is going to make sure JP gets every chance in the book. No matter what JP does for the forseeable future, his job is secure. And in thise case, I agree....he needs at least 2 full seasons before any decisions can be made. If that means "wasting" our top D and ST, then that's the breaks. You can blame TD for not dumping Drew a year earlier and thus wasting it.

Lexwhat
09-25-2005, 12:59 AM
I do agree with the part of "the only way to earn respect from players in the NFL is by proving that you can perform at the QB position against a quality opponent...which JP has yet to prove." A QB can have a great attitude, but if he sucks and struggles every single week, no one on the team would want him to keep playing IF there are other appealing QB options on the roster. Now, I am NOT saying that JP will suck for the next few games, but it's possible...

People are right about Drew stinking it up last year, but I think the comparison to Drew is pointless because of 2 reasons:

1. Even when JP got healthy, our team was mired in what began as a 6-game winning streak. NO coach, fan, or GM in their right mind would disrupt that by making a change at the QB position, especially to a rookie, with the playoffs on the line.

2. In the beginning of last season, I don't think anyone here was calling for Shane Matthews and honestly thought that Shane would light it up. If they were calling for Shane, it was simply because of the anger towards Drew. Not saying I can read people's minds, but you all know it's the truth. IF we had Holcomb last year, I bet you there would have been a QB controversy. I might even say Holcomb would have been given the starting job, especially after that New England road game. The bottom line is, we didn't have better options at QB last year, but this year we have a great option with Holcomb.

It's true, no one can read the minds of our players. But does anyone think that Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Sam Adams, and especially Eric Moulds and Takeo Spikes want to sit back and watch JP learn for a season? What they say to the media and what they are really thinking could be 2 very different things. Besides, it's not like they are publicly going to call for Holcomb to start.

Kelly Holcomb is a great passer, and combine him with Willis and our WRs, it could prove to be a winning combination. Willis will step it up. Kelly is a very solid player even though his performances were ALWAYS with a weaker supporting cast. He has never had the WRs, RB, or defense that he has here now in Buffalo. Why do you think he left Cleveland with a chance to be the starter there and came here? If he ever does play here, this situation is very good for him.

I think the next 2 games (Falcons, Saints) will decide JP's fate for the season. He could play good, and help us win, or he could hold us back. And just because he stinks it up for 2 games, doesn't mean he's a total bust. If he's demoted, then we all hope for better luck next year with JP. Don't give me that "it will hurt JP's confidence" nonsense. It's about what's best for the team, not one player - and JP knows that. No one knows for sure what will happen with JP's career. But I do know that if we lose the next 2 games because of poor play from him, Bills fans and Bills Zone would erupt. We would probally see Holcomb starting by week 5.

It probally doesn't help much considering we have no contributions from our 2005 draft yet. (Except for limited action from Preston). I can't wait to see Roscoe and Kevin, and their speed help out our offense.

juice
09-25-2005, 05:53 AM
I do agree with the part of "the only way to earn respect from players in the NFL is by proving that you can perform at the QB position against a quality opponent...which JP has yet to prove." A QB can have a great attitude, but if he sucks and struggles every single week, no one on the team would want him to keep playing IF there are other appealing QB options on the roster. Now, I am NOT saying that JP will suck for the next few games, but it's possible...

People are right about Drew stinking it up last year, but I think the comparison to Drew is pointless because of 2 reasons:

1. Even when JP got healthy, our team was mired in what began as a 6-game winning streak. NO coach, fan, or GM in their right mind would disrupt that by making a change at the QB position, especially to a rookie, with the playoffs on the line.

2. In the beginning of last season, I don't think anyone here was calling for Shane Matthews and honestly thought that Shane would light it up. If they were calling for Shane, it was simply because of the anger towards Drew. Not saying I can read people's minds, but you all know it's the truth. IF we had Holcomb last year, I bet you there would have been a QB controversy. I might even say Holcomb would have been given the starting job, especially after that New England road game. The bottom line is, we didn't have better options at QB last year, but this year we have a great option with Holcomb.

It's true, no one can read the minds of our players. But does anyone think that Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Sam Adams, and especially Eric Moulds and Takeo Spikes want to sit back and watch JP learn for a season? What they say to the media and what they are really thinking could be 2 very different things. Besides, it's not like they are publicly going to call for Holcomb to start.

Kelly Holcomb is a great passer, and combine him with Willis and our WRs, it could prove to be a winning combination. Willis will step it up. Kelly is a very solid player even though his performances were ALWAYS with a weaker supporting cast. He has never had the WRs, RB, or defense that he has here now in Buffalo. Why do you think he left Cleveland with a chance to be the starter there and came here? If he ever does play here, this situation is very good for him.

I think the next 2 games (Falcons, Saints) will decide JP's fate for the season. He could play good, and help us win, or he could hold us back. And just because he stinks it up for 2 games, doesn't mean he's a total bust. If he's demoted, then we all hope for better luck next year with JP. Don't give me that "it will hurt JP's confidence" nonsense. It's about what's best for the team, not one player - and JP knows that. No one knows for sure what will happen with JP's career. But I do know that if we lose the next 2 games because of poor play from him, Bills fans and Bills Zone would erupt. We would probally see Holcomb starting by week 5.

It probally doesn't help much considering we have no contributions from our 2005 draft yet. (Except for limited action from Preston). I can't wait to see Roscoe and Kevin, and their speed help out our offense.:rockon:

colin
09-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Why should this year be any different than the last 3 with Drew? He s**t the bed many, many times at home and on the road and he never lost his job until well after he stank it up.

There is no way JP loses his job, not at least for another 2-3 years. TD is not about to admit a mistake of that magnitude again (GW, Drew, etc.) so he is going to make sure JP gets every chance in the book. No matter what JP does for the forseeable future, his job is secure. And in thise case, I agree....he needs at least 2 full seasons before any decisions can be made. If that means "wasting" our top D and ST, then that's the breaks. You can blame TD for not dumping Drew a year earlier and thus wasting it.

the reason why it is different than the last 3 with drew is:

1 drew had a pro bowl first year
2 we lost a bunch of weapons the second year (that gave him an excuse and one more chance)
3 we had no one else on our team to play QB.

further more drew was a vetaran when he came in, he had put together seasons before. JP has started 2 games in the NFL, there is more reason to worry that he won't get it together than there was with drew.

we also went out and signed holcolmb. TD did that. it isn't an accident that kelly in on our team, he is there if jp gets hurt or stinks. jp stank in the last game and they showed that if they have to they will put in the veteran. if jp f***s up a winnable home game i think they will bench hm.

most importantly, why the obsession with drew? he is gone, what we did or didn't do with drew doesn't matter now. he got cut and now we have JP and Kelly as our 1 and 2 QBs.

we will not knowingly waste our entire squad to develope JP, those are NOT the breaks. Chad Pennington managed to ride the bench while on a good team and so can JP if need be. if TD knew that JP was not going to improve enough this season to get us to the playoffs, he would not be playing.

it is a question right now, i and obviously TD think that JP will be good, but if he isn't we have holcomb. don't worry about how or what drew is doing, if we had holcomb we would have pulled drew just like we pulled travis because we had someone else.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
the reason why it is different than the last 3 with drew is:

1 drew had a pro bowl first year
2 we lost a bunch of weapons the second year (that gave him an excuse and one more chance)
3 we had no one else on our team to play QB.

further more drew was a vetaran when he came in, he had put together seasons before. JP has started 2 games in the NFL, there is more reason to worry that he won't get it together than there was with drew.
Drew may have *gotten* to the pro bowl in '02, but as you should know that is not the end all be all of how a player performs. *See Ruben Brown. It is as much a popularity contest as anything else, and given his un-seating in NE, he was a sentimental favorite. The fact is that his performance slid considerably in the second half of '02, and carried on into '03 and '04.

And those "seasons" you speak of were in '96 and '97....five years before we wasted a #1 on getting him. Belichick and Pioli traded him for a reason, one which you don't seem to get even after his horrid performances since the first half of '02. He sucks.

we also went out and signed holcolmb. TD did that. it isn't an accident that kelly in on our team, he is there if jp gets hurt or stinks. jp stank in the last game and they showed that if they have to they will put in the veteran. if jp f***s up a winnable home game i think they will bench hm.
What GM isn't going to try and get a competent backup? The key word here is *backup*. There is a reason Holcomb is 32 and hasn't been able to hold a starting job. To think he is going to take us into the promised land as a starter the whole season is a longshot at best. And that just pushes JP's learning curve longer yet again, and in the meantime the ST and D get older and older.

most importantly, why the obsession with drew? he is gone, what we did or didn't do with drew doesn't matter now. he got cut and now we have JP and Kelly as our 1 and 2 QBs.
No obsession, just an example of why juice is wrong. Juice is trying to say that the team won't put up with a crap QB play, yet they did just that for 2 1/2 years with Drew.

we will not knowingly waste our entire squad to develope JP, those are NOT the breaks. Chad Pennington managed to ride the bench while on a good team and so can JP if need be. if TD knew that JP was not going to improve enough this season to get us to the playoffs, he would not be playing.

it is a question right now, i and obviously TD think that JP will be good, but if he isn't we have holcomb. don't worry about how or what drew is doing, if we had holcomb we would have pulled drew just like we pulled travis because we had someone else.
TD is not going to waste time with Holcomb unless JP gets hurt. It's that simple. TD's job is on the line if we don't become competitive soon and Hohlcomb is a band aid. JP is the only hope for this team to move deep into the playoffs. If that means taking our lumps this year, then so be it. Otherwise it will be another year of 8-8 and then next year JP takes his lumps, meaning it will be 2 years from now before we do anything. No thanks.

juice
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM

i think having losman pass about 20 times and jp running about 6 or 7 times would be the best mix. he will be directly contributing to the win, and we will get away from asking him to do too much.Well Colin..The STs were solid, the Defense held Vick in check, and Willis had 140 yds - the team played well enough to win this game.

If only Moulds, Evans, Reed or Aiken had shown up we'd have a chance at being 2-1.. Now we've lost our Best Defensive player and there are no more defensive shutouts by the dominant Defense- It may be time to make a QB change to try and get the WRs involved so that we can play ball control and let Willis run for 130 every week.

Philagape
09-25-2005, 11:24 PM
the Defense held Vick in check

:huh:

Yeah, he had only 64 of Atlanta's 236 yards rushing and threw two TD passes. Held in check. Okaaaayyy.

Philagape
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Good thing Vick really didn't go off on us! :whew:

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Remember Phil, Vick is just a glorified RB. He can't throw. All he does is win games, which apparently doesn't make him a good QB. Go figure. :;

Philagape
09-25-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah but I still wouldn't want him starting on my fantasy team

juice
09-26-2005, 12:03 AM
:huh:Yeah, he had only 64 of Atlanta's 236 yards rushing and threw two TD passes. Held in check. Okaaaayyy.
Good thing Vick really didn't go off on us! :whew:You are exactly right Phil, because if he had gone off on us he would've Run for 2 TDs as well.. especially W/O TKO in the 2nd half.

Any way we should be able to put up 28-35 pts anytime Willis runs for 140 yds.. maybe it's the 36 total net yds passing thats keeping our pt total down.

Philagape
09-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Any way we should be able to put up 28-35 pts anytime Willis runs for 140 yds

Well by that math Atlanta should have scored 46-54 points, so the D can hold their heads high all right. I bet they're feeling real proud tonight.

juice
09-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Well by that math Atlanta should have scored 46-54 points, so the D can hold their heads high all right. I bet they're feeling real proud tonight.What does Willis have to do with the ATL ground game?

ATL wasn't having their way with the run game until TKO was injured and Dunn broke right before the Half, I think Duckett broke once in the 2nd half and Vick got loose for 50+ yards once kinda late.

The problem wasn't with the defense it was the Offense not being able, for the 2nd week in a row, show any type pass game.. If the Bills can't complete a 15+ yd pass against a banged up Falcons secondary then we either have a problem with Playcalling or Personnel.

JP not being able to get EM or Lee involved at all leads me to question how ready he is to be a starter in the League.. Willis Pussyfooting wasn't the problem this wk and Line protection was adequate especially with Illis wearing down their DL & LBers.