• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

This is ridiculous

I can't believe there are people here who are already judging JP. I should dig through the threads from last year to show how short some people's memories are.

He is not going to blow the doors off the hinges anytime soon. He is a rookie (for all intents and purposes) and our oline is below average. What does that mean? That means people need to have some patience. I'm not going to judge him until he has at least ONE SEASON under his belt. At two games it is absolutely ridiculous to make any true assessments.

Granted there are the exceptions like Ben, and the cold hard truth we may have to accept at some point is than Ben is simply a better QB than JP. (not saying that is the case, but it is a possibility) But that doesn't mean JP won't be a very good or even a great QB.

Give him time.
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Re: This is ridiculous

Big Ben had a far superior offensive line around him. Plus, Ben had his troubles last year as well. When you are young and starting quickly in your career, you're going to struggle. You know why Big Ben suceeded last year? They didn't rely on him to win. They were the only team to have 600 rushes last year. He just maintained the games. When you really started seeing the rookie in him come out was the playoffs. They started passing more then rushing, and he looked awful. Basically, I agree, quit judging JP, his play is normal and necessary. He'll get better.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
      • Sep 2004

Yeah, why the hate, why the feeling, arent we bills lovers??

Man, Ben also had/has a superior OL, a decent ST, but a MONSTER D. We are not a Monster D yet, forgive me, but it is a reality, we are a pretty good defense, but not monster already. The Kid has better tools than most of the actual QB on the league, but needs time and support, so choose your side, and please stop *****ing at least for this year.

Go JP, Go Buffalo!!!!!
      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

great thread!!!

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Nope, I'm sorry. One bad game is enough. He sucks. Total bust. No future. Will never improve. Never learn. Too bad, because he needs to do it all himself this year with the crappy defense and crappy RB and crappy special teams we have. And he's replacing a legend in the prime of his glorious career who won nine games single-handedly last year.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
            Nope, I'm sorry. One bad game is enough. He sucks. Total bust. No future. Will never improve. Never learn. Too bad, because he needs to do it all himself this year with the crappy defense and crappy RB and crappy special teams we have. And he's replacing a legend in the prime of his glorious career who won nine games single-handedly last year.
            You are the man!!!
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
              Yeah, why the hate, why the feeling, arent we bills lovers??

Only hate I got is towards negativity, cause my man J.P. is a gem and the 1's who fail to see this soon will be proved wrong.......

GO BILLS!!!!!
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I've said a lot of negative things about this team and I've been critical of JP, but I never suggested that he won't be a good QB or that he should be pulled. He needs to take his lumps and learn the game- I'd say it will be halfway through next season or so before we know if he's the next Big Ben or the next Kyle Boller.

What pisses me off is that if he can't win while he's learning, we're essentially letting excellent ST and defensive units go to waste while the offense struggles, but I guess those are the breaks in this age of "salary cap parody".
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
                  Only hate I got is towards negativity, cause my man J.P. is a gem and the 1's who fail to see this soon will be proved wrong.......

GO BILLS!!!!!
                  I hope your right Luis, but in reality this team has a very tough schedule and we play a top 10 defense in every divisional game. It will take at least a 10-6 record to make the post season in the AFC and if we get off to a 2-4 start, which is very possible, then this team will not make the playoffs.

Some players in the lockeroom are starting to question the decision to go with the inexperience of JP over the Veteran DB, especially with the success that Bledsoe has had down in Big D over the 1st 2 wks.

The coaching staff is to blame for the lack of patience JP's teammates have for him because the only way you Earn the respect of your teammates in the NFL is by Earning the starting position.

The staff by simply handing the starting job to JP made the first year starters' job much more difficult and placed the pressure of all of the 4 SB loses on his back.. Even JP said he would rather have competed for the spot because then the other players on the team feel as though the player has earned it and you don't end up with a lockerroom divided - which will be the result if JP doesn't pull his weight against ATL.

Mark my words: If the Defense plays, the STs gives JP and the offense good field position, and JP doesn't move the ball on Offense, then other players not just Moulds will come out to say that they think that Holcomb gives this team a better chance to win.

If the lockerroom ends up divided this team is as good as done in the AFCE - our schedule is too tough to withstand a distraction such as a QB controversy.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by juice
                    Some players in the lockeroom are starting to question the decision to go with the inexperience of JP over the Veteran DB, especially with the success that Bledsoe has had down in Big D over the 1st 2 wks.

And not some crap from the Enquirer of the NFL.

The coaching staff is to blame for the lack of patience JP's teammates have for him because the only way you Earn the respect of your teammates in the NFL is by Earning the starting position.
                    You mean just like Drew had to earn the spot? You don't trade multiple picks to draft a QB in the 1st round to let him sit TWO YEARS on the bench, especially since you don't have a proven winner as the alternative. Holcomb is a competent backup but let's face it, he's been in the league for years and hasn't been able to hold a starting job.

The staff by simply handing the starting job to JP made the first year starters' job much more difficult and placed the pressure of all of the 4 SB loses on his back..
                    Ancient history. These young players don't feel that pressure given we haven't been a serious contender since Kelly and Thurman left.

Mark my words: If the Defense plays, the STs gives JP and the offense good field position, and JP doesn't move the ball on Offense, then other players not just Moulds will come out to say that they think that Holcomb gives this team a better chance to win.
                    And is this any different with any QB who starts on a team? I don't care who is at the position, players will grumble at anyone when the team is losing.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

And not some crap from the Enquirer of the NFL.
                      www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp

"JP needs to pay more attention to the basics" and "I dont know how much longer I can be quiet" Eric Moulds

Will that do for a Link Cyn?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Wow that may be a record for most misstatements in one paragraph.

1. You don't know jack about the locker room, and neither does the trash source that story comes from;

2. What good is being a veteran if you suck like Drew did for 2 1/2 years? You don't think our D was upset with him a few times? We're still no worse than status quo at QB.

3. Drew's record is Dallas so far is mixed. His first game was good, but he failed in the 2nd game.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp

"JP needs to pay more attention to the basics" and "I dont know how much longer I can be quiet" Eric Moulds

Will that do for a Link Cyn?
                          That is NOT questioning the decision to with JP and has even less to do with his predecessor

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                            Wow that may be a record for most misstatements in one paragraph.

1. You don't know jack about the locker room, and neither does the trash source that story comes from;

2. What good is being a veteran if you suck like Drew did for 2 1/2 years? You don't think our D was upset with him a few times? We're still no worse than status quo at QB.

3. Drew's record is Dallas so far is mixed. His first game was good, but he failed in the 2nd game.
                            That story comes from the Buffalo News - do you have a better source that says any different?

Bledsoe threw for like 270yds a TD, no INTs and no sacks against one of the top defenses in the League Monday Night.. In wk 1 he was the Player of the wk in the League - has JP had as much success?

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

That story comes from the Buffalo News - do you have a better source that says any different?

Bledsoe threw for like 270yds a TD, no INTs and no sacks against one of the top defenses in the League Monday Night.. In wk 1 he was the Player of the wk in the League - has JP had as much success?
                              The Buffalo News had one quote by Moulds which does not establish your premise. Here's the rest of his quote: "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet, but I know J.P. is young. I have to be patient and see what happens. Hopefully, he'll get it, the light will go on, and we'll hit the ground running." In fact, Moulds' full quote debunks the dissension-in-the-locker-room garbage. By comparison, JP has been much harder on himself.

And your ignorance about how NFL players think is further illustrated by emphasizing stats over results. Drew could throw for 400 yards, and none of it matters because he failed when the game was in his hands. In the only stat that matters, JP and Drew are even .... 1-1

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X