PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I can't believe there are people here who are already judging JP. I should dig through the threads from last year to show how short some people's memories are.

He is not going to blow the doors off the hinges anytime soon. He is a rookie (for all intents and purposes) and our oline is below average. What does that mean? That means people need to have some patience. I'm not going to judge him until he has at least ONE SEASON under his belt. At two games it is absolutely ridiculous to make any true assessments.

Granted there are the exceptions like Ben, and the cold hard truth we may have to accept at some point is than Ben is simply a better QB than JP. (not saying that is the case, but it is a possibility) But that doesn't mean JP won't be a very good or even a great QB.

Give him time.

AndreReed83
09-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Big Ben had a far superior offensive line around him. Plus, Ben had his troubles last year as well. When you are young and starting quickly in your career, you're going to struggle. You know why Big Ben suceeded last year? They didn't rely on him to win. They were the only team to have 600 rushes last year. He just maintained the games. When you really started seeing the rookie in him come out was the playoffs. They started passing more then rushing, and he looked awful. Basically, I agree, quit judging JP, his play is normal and necessary. He'll get better.

The last buffalo fan
09-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah, why the hate, why the feeling, arent we bills lovers??

Man, Ben also had/has a superior OL, a decent ST, but a MONSTER D. We are not a Monster D yet, forgive me, but it is a reality, we are a pretty good defense, but not monster already. The Kid has better tools than most of the actual QB on the league, but needs time and support, so choose your side, and please stop *****ing at least for this year.

Go JP, Go Buffalo!!!!!

DMBcrew36
09-24-2005, 01:02 PM
great thread!!! :goodpost:

Philagape
09-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Nope, I'm sorry. One bad game is enough. He sucks. Total bust. No future. Will never improve. Never learn. Too bad, because he needs to do it all himself this year with the crappy defense and crappy RB and crappy special teams we have. And he's replacing a legend in the prime of his glorious career who won nine games single-handedly last year.

The last buffalo fan
09-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Nope, I'm sorry. One bad game is enough. He sucks. Total bust. No future. Will never improve. Never learn. Too bad, because he needs to do it all himself this year with the crappy defense and crappy RB and crappy special teams we have. And he's replacing a legend in the prime of his glorious career who won nine games single-handedly last year.
:lmao: You are the man!!!

Luisito23
09-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, why the hate, why the feeling, arent we bills lovers??

Only hate I got is towards negativity, cause my man J.P. is a gem and the 1's who fail to see this soon will be proved wrong.......

GO BILLS!!!!!

OpIv37
09-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I've said a lot of negative things about this team and I've been critical of JP, but I never suggested that he won't be a good QB or that he should be pulled. He needs to take his lumps and learn the game- I'd say it will be halfway through next season or so before we know if he's the next Big Ben or the next Kyle Boller.

What pisses me off is that if he can't win while he's learning, we're essentially letting excellent ST and defensive units go to waste while the offense struggles, but I guess those are the breaks in this age of "salary cap parody".

juice
09-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Only hate I got is towards negativity, cause my man J.P. is a gem and the 1's who fail to see this soon will be proved wrong.......

GO BILLS!!!!!I hope your right Luis, but in reality this team has a very tough schedule and we play a top 10 defense in every divisional game. It will take at least a 10-6 record to make the post season in the AFC and if we get off to a 2-4 start, which is very possible, then this team will not make the playoffs.

Some players in the lockeroom are starting to question the decision to go with the inexperience of JP over the Veteran DB, especially with the success that Bledsoe has had down in Big D over the 1st 2 wks.

The coaching staff is to blame for the lack of patience JP's teammates have for him because the only way you Earn the respect of your teammates in the NFL is by Earning the starting position.

The staff by simply handing the starting job to JP made the first year starters' job much more difficult and placed the pressure of all of the 4 SB loses on his back.. Even JP said he would rather have competed for the spot because then the other players on the team feel as though the player has earned it and you don't end up with a lockerroom divided - which will be the result if JP doesn't pull his weight against ATL.

Mark my words: If the Defense plays, the STs gives JP and the offense good field position, and JP doesn't move the ball on Offense, then other players not just Moulds will come out to say that they think that Holcomb gives this team a better chance to win.

If the lockerroom ends up divided this team is as good as done in the AFCE - our schedule is too tough to withstand a distraction such as a QB controversy.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Some players in the lockeroom are starting to question the decision to go with the inexperience of JP over the Veteran DB, especially with the success that Bledsoe has had down in Big D over the 1st 2 wks.:link:

And not some crap from the Enquirer of the NFL.

The coaching staff is to blame for the lack of patience JP's teammates have for him because the only way you Earn the respect of your teammates in the NFL is by Earning the starting position.You mean just like Drew had to earn the spot? You don't trade multiple picks to draft a QB in the 1st round to let him sit TWO YEARS on the bench, especially since you don't have a proven winner as the alternative. Holcomb is a competent backup but let's face it, he's been in the league for years and hasn't been able to hold a starting job.

The staff by simply handing the starting job to JP made the first year starters' job much more difficult and placed the pressure of all of the 4 SB loses on his back.. Ancient history. These young players don't feel that pressure given we haven't been a serious contender since Kelly and Thurman left.

Mark my words: If the Defense plays, the STs gives JP and the offense good field position, and JP doesn't move the ball on Offense, then other players not just Moulds will come out to say that they think that Holcomb gives this team a better chance to win.And is this any different with any QB who starts on a team? I don't care who is at the position, players will grumble at anyone when the team is losing.

juice
09-24-2005, 05:25 PM
:link:

And not some crap from the Enquirer of the NFL.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp)

"JP needs to pay more attention to the basics" and "I dont know how much longer I can be quiet" Eric Moulds

Will that do for a Link Cyn?

Philagape
09-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Some players in the lockeroom are starting to question the decision to go with the inexperience of JP over the Veteran DB, especially with the success that Bledsoe has had down in Big D over the 1st 2 wks.

Wow that may be a record for most misstatements in one paragraph.

1. You don't know jack about the locker room, and neither does the trash source that story comes from;

2. What good is being a veteran if you suck like Drew did for 2 1/2 years? You don't think our D was upset with him a few times? We're still no worse than status quo at QB.

3. Drew's record is Dallas so far is mixed. His first game was good, but he failed in the 2nd game.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 05:31 PM
www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050923/1024671.asp)

"JP needs to pay more attention to the basics" and "I dont know how much longer I can be quiet" Eric Moulds

That is NOT questioning the decision to with JP and has even less to do with his predecessor

juice
09-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow that may be a record for most misstatements in one paragraph.

1. You don't know jack about the locker room, and neither does the trash source that story comes from;

2. What good is being a veteran if you suck like Drew did for 2 1/2 years? You don't think our D was upset with him a few times? We're still no worse than status quo at QB.

3. Drew's record is Dallas so far is mixed. His first game was good, but he failed in the 2nd game.That story comes from the Buffalo News - do you have a better source that says any different?

Bledsoe threw for like 270yds a TD, no INTs and no sacks against one of the top defenses in the League Monday Night.. In wk 1 he was the Player of the wk in the League - has JP had as much success?

Philagape
09-24-2005, 05:53 PM
That story comes from the Buffalo News - do you have a better source that says any different?

Bledsoe threw for like 270yds a TD, no INTs and no sacks against one of the top defenses in the League Monday Night.. In wk 1 he was the Player of the wk in the League - has JP had as much success?

The Buffalo News had one quote by Moulds which does not establish your premise. Here's the rest of his quote: "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet, but I know J.P. is young. I have to be patient and see what happens. Hopefully, he'll get it, the light will go on, and we'll hit the ground running." In fact, Moulds' full quote debunks the dissension-in-the-locker-room garbage. By comparison, JP has been much harder on himself.

And your ignorance about how NFL players think is further illustrated by emphasizing stats over results. Drew could throw for 400 yards, and none of it matters because he failed when the game was in his hands. In the only stat that matters, JP and Drew are even .... 1-1

OpIv37
09-24-2005, 06:01 PM
In the only stat that matters, JP and Drew are even .... 1-1

and in the end, the rest of those stats are meaningless because wins are what matters. I don't even know why we're having this conversation. Bledsoe was here, he didn't win, so he's not here anymore. We saw what he was capable of last year with virtually the same team- good but not good enough and still incapable of winning the big game.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bledsoe would have looked just as bad as Losman against TB's defense, and I doubt he would have done as well against Houston because teams beat us last year with the same strategy the Texans used (8 in the box to stop the run, force the QB to complete passes to beat the D).

To sum up: Bledsoe had his chance for 3 seasons, he didn't get into the playoffs, so the front office decided to give someone else a shot at greatness rather than settle for Bledsoe's mediocrity.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 06:07 PM
and in the end, the rest of those stats are meaningless because wins are what matters. I don't even know why we're having this conversation. Bledsoe was here, he didn't win, so he's not here anymore. We saw what he was capable of last year with virtually the same team- good but not good enough and still incapable of winning the big game.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bledsoe would have looked just as bad as Losman against TB's defense, and I doubt he would have done as well against Houston because teams beat us last year with the same strategy the Texans used (8 in the box to stop the run, force the QB to complete passes to beat the D).

To sum up: Bledsoe had his chance for 3 seasons, he didn't get into the playoffs, so the front office decided to give someone else a shot at greatness rather than settle for Bledsoe's mediocrity.

:bf1:

AndreReed83
09-24-2005, 06:27 PM
You're worried about JP not earning his right to start? Well, Drew Bledsoe earned his right to be cut from this team and be replaced.

YardRat
09-24-2005, 06:55 PM
What pisses me off is that if he can't win while he's learning, we're essentially letting excellent ST and defensive units go to waste while the offense struggles, but I guess those are the breaks in this age of "salary cap parody".
Breaks of the salary cap age or not, our defense and special teams are too good to be wasted on an 8-8 team while someone goes through on-the-job-training.

If he's moderately successful putting points on the board and W's in the win column, I don't care what his stats are. If we're not above 500 by mid-season and he's still struggling, yank his ass out of there and put someone in who can play.

I want to win now, dammit....I'm sick of the "wait until next year" BS.

finsrclowns
09-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Breaks of the salary cap age or not, our defense and special teams are too good to be wasted on an 8-8 team while someone goes through on-the-job-training.

If he's moderately successful putting points on the board and W's in the win column, I don't care what his stats are. If we're not above 500 by mid-season and he's still struggling, yank his ass out of there and put someone in who can play.

I want to win now, dammit....I'm sick of the "wait until next year" BS.

That's what the front office will conclude at some point if the record isn't what they expect.

DMBcrew36
09-24-2005, 08:13 PM
I love how we gave Bledsoe 3 seasons, yet, you're all ready to yank out JP after 2 games. Give the kid a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Natrix
09-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Criticism of JP is fair and to be expected. Know one knows how he is going to progress. But to bring Drew into the arguement is out of control. He was terrible for his last 2 1/2 seasons in Buffalo and no logically thinking Bills fan should wish he was still here.

Ebenezer
09-24-2005, 08:30 PM
It's way too early to judge this kid. The problem is that the Bills were a step from the playoffs last year, it's been five years since they have been in the playoffs and the fans see the defense and want to go to the playoffs now...over reaction because of one bad game dashing the hopes of the playoffs.

juice
09-24-2005, 08:32 PM
And your ignorance about how NFL players think is further illustrated by emphasizing stats over results. Drew could throw for 400 yards, and none of it matters because he failed when the game was in his hands. In the only stat that matters, JP and Drew are even .... 1-1Not true Phil..

They're not even because DB has a Player of the Week.. And JP has a Geek of the Week - I bet Bledsoe can have an off game this week and not have to worry about being replaced. Big Difference.

Novacane
09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Moulds complains all the time. I'm glad this is prolly his last year

Philagape
09-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Not true Phil..

They're not even because DB has a Player of the Week.. And JP has a Geek of the Week - I bet Bledsoe can have an off game this week and not have to worry about being replaced. Big Difference.

Only geeks care about awards.

If Drew had Holcomb behind him, he would see the bench sometime this year.

Philagape
09-24-2005, 08:56 PM
What does it say about Drew and JP that we're even comparing the two, even though one is a 13-year vet and the other is a first-year starter? A vet should do way better! And yet the Bills are status quo at QB.

OpIv37
09-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Not true Phil..

the Cowboys are not the Bills. First, they have a better TE and probably a better OL, which helps Bledsoe tremendously. More importantly, Dallas isn't in the AFCE. Before this year, he spent his entire career in our division. Coordinators, coaches and players in the AFCE have been playing against or around him for his whole career. Bledsoe, more so than other QB's, has tendencies that are easy to exploit when the opponent is familiar with them. What you're experiencing now is a little bit of a lag because the NFC isn't nearly as familiar with him. I expect a few huge games from Drew this year, but that's all it will be- some isolated success marred by big-game losses.

The Bills are well aware of Drew's capabilities and limitations. Don't you think the D and ST were frustrated when he was here as well? If they put up with 2 1/2 years of Bledsoe's failures with limited *****ing, why would you believe they would lay into JP after one bad game?

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 10:08 PM

The Buffalo News had one quote by Moulds which does not establish your premise. Here's the rest of his quote: "I don't know how much longer I can be quiet, but I know J.P. is young. I have to be patient and see what happens. Hopefully, he'll get it, the light will go on, and we'll hit the ground running." In fact, Moulds' full quote debunks the dissension-in-the-locker-room garbage. By comparison, JP has been much harder on himself.

And your ignorance about how NFL players think is further illustrated by emphasizing stats over results. Drew could throw for 400 yards, and none of it matters because he failed when the game was in his hands. In the only stat that matters, JP and Drew are even .... 1-1
Couldn't have said it any better. :up:

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I love how we gave Bledsoe 3 seasons, yet, you're all ready to yank out JP after 2 games. Give the kid a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-25-2005, 04:07 AM
I can't believe that this is even an issue at this point.

The fact is that Drew Bledsoe did not lead the Bills to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. when he had a golden opportunity to take a hot team that was on a roll into the playoffs by simply winning one game against Pittsburgh's back-ups. Bledsoe, if he had stayed, would not and could not lead this Bills' team to a Super Bowl win--not this year, not next year, not ever! And, he's not going to take Dallas to a Super Bowl win, either. After 13 years in the NFL, the man still does not respond well to pressure anymore, period.
So, whether it was going to be this year, next year or the year after, it was only going to be a matter of time before the Bills had to bite the bullet and give JP Losman playing time. Why? Because the only way that a young QB can really learn how to be successful in the NFL is by playing. And, JP isn't the first young QB drafted in the first round to get the starting job handed to him--usually it happens on teams that are a lot worse than the Bills, but it happens a lot. And, handing him the starting job during the off-season when he had time to prepare to step into the role wasn't the worst way for him to be given the job--it was a whole lot better than giving it to him in the middle of season with the team having a winning record, which is how a certain QB who happened to have been drafted ahead of JP in the same draft got handed the starting QB job for his team.

Young inexperienced QBs have their ups and down and play perfectly awful at times. It comes with the territory. The answer isn't to bench them. It's to keep playing them and working with them until they "get it" or show that they are incapable of getting the job done. And, you don't find that out after two games--it takes at least a season. So, when JP has a bad game, everyone is going to have to understand that it's the price of admission that is going to have to be paid if the team wants to have a legitimate shot at getting to and winning a Super Bowl sometime in the next few years. Making the playoffs isn't the object or the yard-stick that should be used to measure success. Ultimately, you want to assemble a team that is capable of winning it all.

Call me "Old School", but before anyone on the Bills starts pointing fingers at JP, they all should take a good, long, hard look in the mirror because JP wasn't the only one who didn't get the job done in the game against Tampa Bay. And, a team is supposed to be exactly that: a collection of individuals who pull together and work to overcome adversity when confronted by it, not fold the first time anything doesn't go their way and begin pointing fingers and looking for excuses. Guys who do that don't have the character to be winners in the long run.

No doubt Eric Moulds is unhappy that Drew Bledsoe is gone. After all, for long stretches of games when he was here, Bledsoe seemed to think that Moulds was the only Bills receiver on the field. A new QB, especially a young guy like JP, is not necessarily going to look to Moulds the way that Bledsoe did--JP is going to look for his own "go-to-guy" (I suspect it may be Parrish) and that's not going to be Moulds, plain and simple. So, sure, Eric is going to be unhappy because the drop-off in his numbers that is going to result from this is going to cost him money. And, at his age, he doesn't have enough time left in his career to be able to afford to lose either money or chances to get to the playoffs because some kid has taken over from a guy who had made him his "main man". Call me cynical, if you will. But, I will also contend that Eric Moulds is not helping himself or his team have a better chance to succeed by running his mouth to the media--that would love nothing better than to stir up a good old-fashioned QB controversy in town that will help them sell papers and increase their ratings--after all of two regular season games. That's selfish and not very smart--and is not what a good teammate does.

Now, if you look at it, JP has had 3 fairly good games and 3 pretty bad games so far in the preseason and regular season--virtually being the definition of being up and down. That's what Bills fans have to expect and accept that this season is going to be like--that's what last season was like for C.Palmer and look at where he is at now. It's what B.Leftwich's first year as a starter was like. And, it's actually better than E.Manning's first few games as the Giants' starter last season.

And, I wouldn't worry so much about wasting a great defense and special teams because, if the Bills' defense doesn't respond to a little bit of adversity any better than it did last week over the course of this season, it doesn't deserve to be considered that great of a defense. When their backs are up against a wall, great defenses respond, they don't allow themselves to be carved up by a methodical 70 yard drive that makes a little deficit a whole lot worse.

So, count me in with Mr.Cynical on this one. I coundn't agree with him more.

juice
09-25-2005, 06:20 AM
I can't believe that this is even an issue at this point.

The fact is that Drew Bledsoe did not lead the Bills to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. when he had a golden opportunity to take a hot team that was on a roll into the playoffs by simply winning one game against Pittsburgh's back-ups. Bledsoe, if he had stayed, would not and could not lead this Bills' team to a Super Bowl win--not this year, not next year, not ever! And, he's not going to take Dallas to a Super Bowl win, either. After 13 years in the NFL, the man still does not respond well to pressure anymore, period.
So, whether it was going to be this year, next year or the year after, it was only going to be a matter of time before the Bills had to bite the bullet and give JP Losman playing time. Why? Because the only way that a young QB can really learn how to be successful in the NFL is by playing. And, JP isn't the first young QB drafted in the first round to get the starting job handed to him--usually it happens on teams that are a lot worse than the Bills, but it happens a lot. And, handing him the starting job during the off-season when he had time to prepare to step into the role wasn't the worst way for him to be given the job--it was a whole lot better than giving it to him in the middle of season with the team having a winning record, which is how a certain QB who happened to have been drafted ahead of JP in the same draft got handed the starting QB job for his team.

Young inexperienced QBs have their ups and down and play perfectly awful at times. It comes with the territory. The answer isn't to bench them. It's to keep playing them and working with them until they "get it" or show that they are incapable of getting the job done. And, you don't find that out after two games--it takes at least a season. So, when JP has a bad game, everyone is going to have to understand that it's the price of admission that is going to have to be paid if the team wants to have a legitimate shot at getting to and winning a Super Bowl sometime in the next few years. Making the playoffs isn't the object or the yard-stick that should be used to measure success. Ultimately, you want to assemble a team that is capable of winning it all.

Call me "Old School", but before anyone on the Bills starts pointing fingers at JP, they all should take a good, long, hard look in the mirror because JP wasn't the only one who didn't get the job done in the game against Tampa Bay. And, a team is supposed to be exactly that: a collection of individuals who pull together and work to overcome adversity when confronted by it, not fold the first time anything doesn't go their way and begin pointing fingers and looking for excuses. Guys who do that don't have the character to be winners in the long run.

No doubt Eric Moulds is unhappy that Drew Bledsoe is gone. After all, for long stretches of games when he was here, Bledsoe seemed to think that Moulds was the only Bills receiver on the field. A new QB, especially a young guy like JP, is not necessarily going to look to Moulds the way that Bledsoe did--JP is going to look for his own "go-to-guy" (I suspect it may be Parrish) and that's not going to be Moulds, plain and simple. So, sure, Eric is going to be unhappy because the drop-off in his numbers that is going to result from this is going to cost him money. And, at his age, he doesn't have enough time left in his career to be able to afford to lose either money or chances to get to the playoffs because some kid has taken over from a guy who had made him his "main man". Call me cynical, if you will. But, I will also contend that Eric Moulds is not helping himself or his team have a better chance to succeed by running his mouth to the media--that would love nothing better than to stir up a good old-fashioned QB controversy in town that will help them sell papers and increase their ratings--after all of two regular season games. That's selfish and not very smart--and is not what a good teammate does.

Now, if you look at it, JP has had 3 fairly good games and 3 pretty bad games so far in the preseason and regular season--virtually being the definition of being up and down. That's what Bills fans have to expect and accept that this season is going to be like--that's what last season was like for C.Palmer and look at where he is at now. It's what B.Leftwich's first year as a starter was like. And, it's actually better than E.Manning's first few games as the Giants' starter last season.

And, I wouldn't worry so much about wasting a great defense and special teams because, if the Bills' defense doesn't respond to a little bit of adversity any better than it did last week over the course of this season, it doesn't deserve to be considered that great of a defense. When their backs are up against a wall, great defenses respond, they don't allow themselves to be carved up by a methodical 70 yard drive that makes a little deficit a whole lot worse.

So, count me in with Mr.Cynical on this one. I coundn't agree with him more.Whenever the Team loses respect for the QB his days are numbered.. If anyone thinks TKO, Fletch, Sam, Nate, Troy and Lawyer are gonna sit around and waste the best Defense and STs the Bills have had in a decade while these guys get a year older and they probably lose their coach that put the unit together after the season.. then you are sadly mistaken.

If the leader on the offense (Moulds) has issues with the QB situation then you can bet a few of those guys on the defense are ready to speak up.. It's not that everyone is ready to give up on losman but that a more experienced Holcomb might be able to more effectivly lead this team to Wins until JP's Physical catches up with his mental - Meanwhile the team doesn't get off to a 2-5 start and once again eliminate itself from the Playoffs before the end of Oct.

mybills
09-25-2005, 07:03 AM
The ****ing negativity is exhausting. :cynic:

djjimkelly
09-25-2005, 10:57 AM
im also not going to look at JP thru rose colored glasses but last week for 3 quarters they bascially didnt let him throw ball unless it was 3rd down not the type of thing u want to do vs that bucs D. JP was definately off early last week and willis danced WAY too much but the coaches also didnt do either of them a favor with the playcalling last week. IMO the play calling last week was for sure the worst called game by this staff in 18 games. 1st road gam eof the year lest give a mulligan till this is a pattern. which i dont think it will be

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 11:02 AM
All we need back is Reben Brown, Drew Bledsoe and Pierson Prileou and we'll win the Super Bowl.

Ngxtreme13
09-25-2005, 11:04 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by juice
That story comes from the Buffalo News - do you have a better source that says any different?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thats what this whole F$#%$#@ thread is about its only week 2 of course JP is no tgoing to do that great hes a rookie and Drew has been playing for a long time.

bledslow
09-25-2005, 11:43 AM
I can't believe there are people here who are already judging JP. I should dig through the threads from last year to show how short some people's memories are.

He is not going to blow the doors off the hinges anytime soon. He is a rookie (for all intents and purposes) and our oline is below average. What does that mean? That means people need to have some patience. I'm not going to judge him until he has at least ONE SEASON under his belt. At two games it is absolutely ridiculous to make any true assessments.

Granted there are the exceptions like Ben, and the cold hard truth we may have to accept at some point is than Ben is simply a better QB than JP. (not saying that is the case, but it is a possibility) But that doesn't mean JP won't be a very good or even a great QB.

Give him time.

not saying that is the case,but it might be a possibility???????----------- ummm what?? id say that is a cold hard fact........ losman is garbage,,,,ben is great.

Lexwhat
09-25-2005, 11:56 AM
not saying that is the case,but it might be a possibility???????----------- ummm what?? id say that is a cold hard fact........ losman is garbage,,,,ben is great.

You snitch. You're killin me with all these "???????----------" "ummmmm" "......" ",,,,,ben is great"

Shut your mouth son.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Whenever the Team loses respect for the QB his days are numbered.. If anyone thinks TKO, Fletch, Sam, Nate, Troy and Lawyer are gonna sit around and waste the best Defense and STs the Bills have had in a decade while these guys get a year older and they probably lose their coach that put the unit together after the season.. then you are sadly mistaken.

If the leader on the offense (Moulds) has issues with the QB situation then you can bet a few of those guys on the defense are ready to speak up.. It's not that everyone is ready to give up on losman but that a more experienced Holcomb might be able to more effectivly lead this team to Wins until JP's Physical catches up with his mental - Meanwhile the team doesn't get off to a 2-5 start and once again eliminate itself from the Playoffs before the end of Oct.
Holcomb couldn't hold a starting job and he's 32. How you can think this is the guy to take us there I have no idea. He is a *backup* QB, and can hopefully hold the fort when needed. Why you think he is going to be so much better than JP? Just because he is older?

It is ridiculous to waste another year and try to "squeak" into the playoffs at best if we're lucky. I want to build a champ team and that means getting JP his lumps now, not next year or the year after.

G. Host
09-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Yes posters are sometime ridiculous. That is what happens when people get excited - they go overboard like lemmings. Look at amigos and bashing of Lindell, Reed and Denney last year saying none of them should be on team.

When negatity soup is served long enough it becomes a main dish and is fed to those who were serving it before. Hard to get the bad taste out of mouth one served.