PDA

View Full Version : Folks, I'm starting to believe that this defense...

Nighthawk
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Highly overrated...they can't stop anything! What a joke!

Kerr
09-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Right now i'd have to agree. Blown coverages is their motto.

Novacane
09-25-2005, 01:13 PM
They are one of the best of all time. Just ask them

deathadder
09-25-2005, 01:33 PM
swiss cheese... our defense sucks

Nighthawk
09-25-2005, 01:34 PM

One of the best talking defenses, maybe...but on the field...they suck.

BAM
09-25-2005, 01:38 PM
the word overreaction comes to mind...

Kerr
09-25-2005, 01:39 PM
This defense has no excuse because other teams such as the patriots have gone through injuries to starters and still find a way to win.

Novacane
09-25-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't want to hear another word out of these guys how great they are. THey play one great game and then rest on thier laurels. That long run before half was embarrassing. Winning D's do not let something like that happen

Novacane
09-25-2005, 01:42 PM

From us? Great D's do not get shreaded 2 weeks in a row Bam. I'm not saying they suck but they are not as good as they like to tell people they are

OpIv37
09-25-2005, 01:43 PM

I disagree completely. Through 6 quarters now, they can't get themselves off the field, they're giving up tons of yards, some points, and they're not creating turnovers. They're probably above NFL average still, but nothing special like they were the last few years (especially now that Spikes is gone).

Tatonka
09-25-2005, 01:45 PM
the long run happened as soon as spikes was gone.

Captain gameboy
09-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Our defensive media moguls are getting killed.

Way more talk than performance.

3rd down stops-horrible.

Red zone performance-horrible.

Other than Nate Clements and Terrence Mcgee, horrible.

Do we actually have a safety on this team?

I can't wait to hear more whining about the offense from our esteemed defense this week.

Novacane
09-25-2005, 02:41 PM
If they say one word about our offense they should be ashamed of themselves.

Ngxtreme13
09-25-2005, 02:45 PM
all through the offseason they were thought to be the reason we aere gonna win games....

Well i guess that proves the press isnt always right

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 02:52 PM
:lmao:

Nighthawk
09-25-2005, 03:04 PM

The words rose colored glasses come to mind...wake up and smell the coffee my friend!

DynaPaul
09-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Spikes looked like a real idiot when he had his back to the Atlanta offense trying to direct the safety (who I'd think knows where he's supposed to be) and they hiked it and threw for a big chunk of yardage.

The_Philster
09-25-2005, 07:18 PM
If they say one word about our offense they should be ashamed of themselves.Looks like Vincent isn't one of those who believes that...he felt the defense was the big weakness today...and the offense played well enough to win

billsburgh
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
talk like Tarzan, play like Jane

BAM
09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
From us? Great D's do not get shreaded 2 weeks in a row Bam. I'm not saying they suck but they are not as good as they like to tell people they are
I disagree completely. Through 6 quarters now, they can't get themselves off the field, they're giving up tons of yards, some points, and they're not creating turnovers. They're probably above NFL average still, but nothing special like they were the last few years (especially now that Spikes is gone).
The words rose colored glasses come to mind...wake up and smell the coffee my friend! Yes from us...

This defense is obviously not as good as some people thought they were going to be... so far at least. After that first game, I even heard one guy say we'd be as good ast the '85 Bears.. it was on some video on Yahoo sports.

The last buffalo fan
09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't have even words in my own lenguage, to describe how I feel and what to think about this defense. We got skills, we got the coach, we got even the fans, but there was not desire maybe, inspiration perhaps, soul, guts, I really don't know, but they were playing without heart for sure. If the defense is playing alot, it is their own fault, it is not JP, nor the coaches. Shame on them!!

FIsrt Class Defense, Super Defense, Monster Defense..my @$$. Shame on me, that I put such high hopes on them!!!

slakjaw157
09-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Atlanta shreaded our "Greatest in the history of the league" defense. It was embarrasing. I realize they played against Vick, who is overated also, but if the D can't come up with the big play when needed (same as last year) we are in big trouble. I can only imagine what will happen when we play a good offensive team.

ParanoidAndroid
09-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Spikes looked like a real idiot when he had his back to the Atlanta offense trying to direct the safety (who I'd think knows where he's supposed to be) and they hiked it and threw for a big chunk of yardage.
Actually, on that play they were blitzing and the safety was way out of position. Vincent should have been covering the slot receiver. Spikes spent too much time turned around, but it wasn't his fault.

That said, he has been M.I.A. and Fletcher looks like he is slowing down.

Angelo Crowell looked good yesterday.

I think that was one of Vincent's worst performances of his career.

The defense may be past its prime. They are getting old.

Next year's draft is looking like a defensive one for us.

Sam Adams - 32
London Fletcher - 30
Lawyer Milloy - 31 (32 in Nov.)
Jeff Posey - 30
Troy Vincent - 35

Sportsuser101
09-26-2005, 07:55 PM
We're 7th in the league in total defense. Take it easy.

ParanoidAndroid
09-27-2005, 01:01 AM
We're 7th in the league in total defense. Take it easy.Dead last against the run. Number one against the pass.

That disparity is due only to the fact that no one is passing when they can run down the field on us.
30th - Minnesota 142.3 ypg
31st - Houston 143.5 ypg
32nd- Buffalo 174.0 ypg :jawdrop:

We have faced two below average offenses and one maybe slightly above (Atlanta).

We're giving up too many third down conversions.

If this continues against New Orleans and Miami, then I will be bummed, but for now, I still have hope they can get back to form even without Takeo.

Demon
09-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Dead last against the run. Number one against the pass.

That disparity is due only to the fact that no one is passing when they can run down the field on us.

We have faced two below average offenses and one maybe slightly above (Atlanta).

If this continues against New Orleans and Miami, then I will be bummed, but for now, I still have hope they can get back to form even without Takeo.

Sam Adams is one of the main reasons for that. He is definetly out of shape IMO. Ron Edwards hasn't exactly replaced Pat Williams and Aaron Schobel isn't anything great.... not that he ever was. The D-line is awful, and it effects the entire team. I had no problems with the LBers or DB's, even losing Spikes, we'd be in a OK position, if the DLine did their part, but, since theres more problems there then there is with Angelo Crowell starting, then you know we have a problem.

Lexwhat
09-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Sam Adams is one of the main reasons for that. He is definetly out of shape IMO. Ron Edwards hasn't exactly replaced Pat Williams and Aaron Schobel isn't anything great.... not that he ever was. The D-line is awful, and it effects the entire team. I had no problems with the LBers or DB's, even losing Spikes, we'd be in a OK position, if the DLine did their part, but, since theres more problems there then there is with Angelo Crowell starting, then you know we have a problem.
I agree with most of that, except for the Schoebel part. I think him and Kelsey have been solid...Sam Adams is simply looking very average. He's the one who gave up the TD to Cadillac WIlliams last game, even though Sam had a clear 1-on-1 shot to Cadillac. Cadillac knocked Sam aside, and was in for the TD. Maybe Sam is losing it. In addition, neither Edwards nor Sam have gotten any backfield penetration or collapsed the pocket like last year. Edwards was pathetic against the run in the Atlanta game. We need some answers for DTs. Our DTs are killing our defense the most.

ParanoidAndroid
09-27-2005, 01:29 AM
I agree with you on the interior D-line. Between the four players that have seen action, they have 10 total tackles. Edwards has 4, Adams 2, Anderson 3, and Bannan 1. That's not so good. Our DB's are making way too many tackles on running plays which usually means that O-linemen are getting to our linebackers. Also not good.

Games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. If we can't control it on defense or offense, this is going to be a long season.

The last buffalo fan
09-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Dead last against the run. Number one against the pass.

30th - Minnesota 142.3 ypg
31st - Houston 143.5 ypg
32nd- Buffalo 174.0 ypg :jawdrop:

Ok, I feel much better now. By the way, isn't the # 30 run defense in the league, where our "stud" Fat Williams went to play?? Wow, that is a defense, not like the one we have in Buffalo.

mybills
09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Was it just the first game or was it the first & second games that we gave up the fewest yards?