PDA

View Full Version : Reality sinks in

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 03:15 PM
We beat Houston, a bad team.
We lost to Tampa, a good team.
We lost to Atlanta, a good team.

Until we can beat good teams consistently, we should not think we are a good team. We have a long way to go. My expectations are 8-8 at best at this point, so I'm looking at this season to figure out who goes and who stays.

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 03:20 PM
We suck. We will still have people who will think we'll win 10 games though.

Kerr
09-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Who's next? NO? Could be a win for us.

Iehoshua
09-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Ahem. Are we worse or better than last year?

Last year at this time: 0-3

Still too early... We are definitely not playing well on either side of the ball right now. They can turn it around yet. Don't mail it in.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Not mailing it in per se, because I was already prepared for JP to struggle. However I wasn't prepared to see the D falter as much as it has. And the coaching has been problematic as well.

TheBrownBear
09-25-2005, 07:03 PM
We don't suck. We are just mediocre. Above-average defense, below-average offense and average coaching. I expect 6-10 to 8-8. Hopefully JP improves so we can make a move next season.

mybills
09-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Not for nothing, Cynical..(and I usually agree with you)

Those ****** Zebras are at it again..or didn't you notice?

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Not for nothing, Cynical..(and I usually agree with you)

Those ****** Zebras are at it again..or didn't you notice?
It's a conspiracy I tell you!!! :;

But yeah, I hear ya.

fushetti
09-26-2005, 12:21 AM
I was going to post this your exact sentiments after last week's loss.

Where did people get 10-6 and playoffs with a rookie QB, a line that sucks, and a "vaunted" defense that folds when the game matters most? (Please stop with the references to the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens)

6-10 is my prediction.

HAMMER
09-26-2005, 01:06 AM
We don't suck. We are just mediocre. Above-average defense, below-average offense and average coaching. I expect 6-10 to 8-8. Hopefully JP improves so we can make a move next season.

WE? Brown bagger you are weak. Don't dog the Bills all offseason and then pretend you care, piss off.

Tinboy
09-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Well we don't suck but we are not exactly top 5 either. So far the D has been a dissapointment, they should be able to play better than that. JP struggles but he will be better as the season progresses. WMG looks good yesterday and will built on that. The O-line is what you can expect, funny thing is Gandy rules and Williams sucks.

Historian
09-26-2005, 04:22 AM
Right now, the game is in fast forward for Losman. I've heard Manning, and McNabb say the same things their second seasons. As a rookie, things are speeding past you.

The game will slow down, as the season progresses, and into next year.

And that's what I don't understand about the Coaches, specifically Clements. They know this...yet they still open the game with like 7 or 8 passes!

For cripes sake, put in two TEs and Let the kid hand off the entire first period to get his feet wet.

Starting the game with all passes is reckless at best!

Joe Ferguson had 939 yards passing as a rookie, in 1973. The reason, was because his coach was smart enough to have him hand off to the stud running back behind him 35-40times a game.

Mr. Cynical
09-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Right now, the game is in fast forward for Losman. I've heard Manning, and McNabb say the same things their second seasons. As a rookie, things are speeding past you.

And that's what I don't understand about the Coaches, specifically Clements. They know this...yet they still open the game with like 7 or 8 passes!

For cripes sake, put in two TEs and Let the kid hand off the entire first period to get his feet wet.

Joe Ferguson had 939 yards passing as a rookie, in 1973. The reason, was because his coach was smart enough to have him hand off to the stud running back behind him 35-40times a game.
Agreed.

Ebenezer
09-26-2005, 02:16 PM

that team had an awesome OL...this team OL might not be able to stop USC defense.