PDA

View Full Version : Can we put all the "Sky are falling threads" in the same trash can?

Tatonka
09-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Because they all sound the ****ing same..

can we make a "the season is over" board that all the people who want to give up and cry can post in?

thanks!

:up:

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Fans aren't allowed to *****? You were the first baby crying when Drew made mistakes, and you were the first guy writing the season off with Drew as our QB. Now, when fans ***** about the piss poor play of Losman, YOU get defensive? That's laughable.

Tatonka
09-25-2005, 03:36 PM
i gave drew a chance.. after a full year for a TEN YEAR VET, he still sucked a dick.

i am willing to give JP the same chance as i gave drew.. maybe even a little more because he is not a veteran like drew was.. he also isnt making near the money that drew was..

your compairing apples to oranges.. your compairison is laughable.

:up:

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm giving JP a chance too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to coddle him, or not criticize him. He's sucked these past 2 games, and if he doesn't improve, the Bills aren't going to win many games this year. It's frustrating to watch a team lose year after year after year with different excuses every year. I'm getting tired of watching crappy teams.

Mitchy moo
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm giving JP a chance too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to coddle him, or not criticize him. He's sucked these past 2 games, and if he doesn't improve, the Bills aren't going to win many games this year. It's frustrating to watch a team lose year after year after year with different excuses every year. I'm getting tired of watching crappy teams.
We have been like detriot lately.

Tatonka
09-25-2005, 03:43 PM
ok.. well then i am not talking about you.. i am talking about all the threads that are titled "THE SEASON IS OVER!" and "JP NOT FIT TO START!!"

and the like..

they are just guys having crybaby fits ready to fire everyone and cut all the players after the first three games.

chernobylwraiths
09-25-2005, 03:45 PM
he also isnt making near the money that drew was...

WTF does this have to do with anything? This is such a stupid argument I get sick of hearing it. I don't pay anybody's salary so I don't really care what they make. I might be a little disappointed with not being able to pick up big name players because of players making so much money, but someone is always going to be overpaid and I can't do anything about it.

Tatonka
09-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I am not going to debate drew anymore.. get over it if it bothers you. :idunno:

colin
09-25-2005, 03:52 PM
ok.. well then i am not talking about you.. i am talking about all the threads that are titled "THE SEASON IS OVER!" and "JP NOT FIT TO START!!"

and the like..

they are just guys having crybaby fits ready to fire everyone and cut all the players after the first three games.

no no no,

jp isn't fit to start, he doesn't have the ability to be a starting QB in the NFL.

there are maybe 3 qbs who are passing worse than he is, and he isn't using his legs, he needs to sit.

this isn't the same as a giving up thread, because we are only 1 game back in the AFC east, our D can fix themselves, our running game is good, and we do have a QB who can play, holcombe.

holcombe is the best QB on our team right now, he gives us our best chance to win. our line is poor at pass blocking, but when given time JP is terribly innacurate. he needs to sit.

chernobylwraiths
09-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I am not going to debate drew anymore.. get over it if it bothers you. :idunno:

You brought him up, I never mentioned him. I am saying that it is a stupid argument to bring money up. I guess the Colts aren't getting their money's worth from Manning this year? It's not about anyone in particular. The team pays the salary and they make it as fair as possible to all parties. To look at a salary as some kind of litmus test as to how well they should play ragarding others at their position isn't a good arguement. In that sense a rookie should rarely ever outperform a veteran.

Historian
09-25-2005, 03:54 PM
We have been like detriot lately.

And think...the Bills actually wanted Harrington, but the Lions beat us to him...

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 03:55 PM
no no no,

jp isn't fit to start, he doesn't have the ability to be a starting QB in the NFL.

And you know this after 3 games? Go cry on somebody elses shoulder.

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 03:57 PM
You brought him up, I never mentioned him. I am saying that it is a stupid argument to bring money up. I guess the Colts aren't getting their money's worth from Manning this year? It's not about anyone in particular. The team pays the salary and they make it as fair as possible to all parties. To look at a salary as some kind of litmus test as to how well they should play ragarding others at their position isn't a good arguement. In that sense a rookie should rarely ever outperform a veteran.
If you keep someone on the team who is not playing up to their paycheck not only do they hurt you with their play, but they also keep you from signing other players who could help.

AndreReed83
09-25-2005, 03:58 PM
I think we can officially start up the "Sky IS Falling" threads again. Drew Bledsoe just RAN for a touchdown. lmao

DaBills
09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
We gave Rj and Drew three years, and we can't give JP 3 games? That's laughable. What would Holcomb do differently exactly? Hand off to WM? JP can do that. We're developing JP and maybe the best thing to do is keep him out there and focus on a run attack and let him get better at reading defenses, and not throw deep so much.

chernobylwraiths
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
If you keep someone on the team who is not playing up to their paycheck not only do they hurt you with their play, but they also keep you from signing other players who could help.

Well, if you pay them huge bonuses, then you can't just cut them either. That is the chance you take when you make a big signing, they can pan out or they can be crappy or they can be just mediocre. Trouble is, when you sign a player, you should play them where they can succeed and teams in many cases don't do that. Why blame the player what he is making when the team hasn't addressed one of the reasons they aren't succeeding. Perfect example is (and I hate to bring him up, but) Drew. Everyone knew he wasn't a good QB without very good protection and everyone dumped on him when he didn't succeed while at the same time saying we had a crap Oline. Now, when the current QB is playing bad, it is all because of the crappy Oline. I guess the Oline is making a ton more money than JP then?

lunatic_bills_fan
09-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Because they all sound the ****ing same..

can we make a "the season is over" board that all the people who want to give up and cry can post in?

thanks!
:up:I guess maybe that board would be right next to the "JP can do no wrong board" You called for Drew's head for over a season. Make reference to just one drive in the last 2 games that made you say, "man this kid is gonna make a fine QB"

chernobylwraiths
09-25-2005, 04:20 PM
I was going to make a reference to the "we can't do any worse with anybody else" but decided to take the high road. :D