PDA

View Full Version : Pulling no punches

chernobylwraiths
09-25-2005, 03:37 PM
The defense is no where near an elite defense. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when they come up big against a good team when it really matters, then I might change my mind. They play Atlanta, they have to contain Vick, they couldn't do that. I liked the aggresiveness early, but they are leaving people wide open for TDs. And they still can't seem to stop anyone on 3rd down. They are allowing too many yards after first contact as well.

JP Losman has looked terrible after a decent start. He isn't hitting open men, he is locking into his targets and he doesn't seem to have that internal clock that the good QBs have. It is very early and he still has to play, but his play has not been very encouraging of late. If you can't beat backup CB and guys who were out of work last week, how are you gonna beat anybody. I don't want to hear how he was pressured all day, it didn't work for the former QB so it can't work here. Besides, he couldn't hit anyone even when he DID have time.

Whoever is the equipment guy on this team maybe should start looking for a new line of work. Guys have been slipping all over the place ever since this new turf has been put in.

What the hell is wrong with Moorman. He has been terrible all year. He only seems to be able to boom the ball when we are near the 50 and he puts it out of the endzone. If we are deep in our own territory, he has been getting a lot of short kicks and even putting it out of bounds. I hope he hasn't gotten too comfortable.

Lastly, if McGahee would stop going down after first contact, he could have had 200 today. He's even going down before he is even touched at times. For a big strong tough runner, he seems to go down a lot on shoestring tackles. I wonder if the coaches are a little down on him since they have done two QB sneaks on 4th and 1 twice today. He SHOULD be able to make a yard.

Historian
09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
The defense is no where near an elite defense. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when they come up big against a good team when it really matters, then I might change my mind. They play Atlanta, they have to contain Vick, they couldn't do that. I liked the aggresiveness early, but they are leaving people wide open for TDs. And they still can't seem to stop anyone on 3rd down. They are allowing too many yards after first contact as well.

Agreed.

P Losman has looked terrible after a decent start. He isn't hitting open men, he is locking into his targets and he doesn't seem to have that internal clock that the good QBs have. It is very early and he still has to play, but his play has not been very encouraging of late. If you can't beat backup CB and guys who were out of work last week, how are you gonna beat anybody. I don't want to hear how he was pressured all day, it didn't work for the former QB so it can't work here. Besides, he couldn't hit anyone even when he DID have time.

What's the common denominator?

The crappy line, IMO.

Whoever is the equipment guy on this team maybe should start looking for a new line of work. Guys have been slipping all over the place ever since this new turf has been put in.

Like McGahee tripping over the 40 yard line, lol? Agreed.

Lastly, if McGahee would stop going down after first contact, he could have had 200 today. He's even going down before he is even touched at times. For a big strong tough runner, he seems to go down a lot on shoestring tackles. I wonder if the coaches are a little down on him since they have done two QB sneaks on 4th and 1 twice today. He SHOULD be able to make a yard.

Amen to that.

Ebenezer
09-25-2005, 04:31 PM
On a critical 3rd down in the 4th quarter the line consisted of Denney, Anderson, Bannan and Schobel...no where near enough talent on the field. They have over estimated the talent of their defensive line draftees.

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
I don't think this thread got near enough views yesterday. It took me a long time to write it too. :D

Novacane
09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't think this thread got near enough views yesterday. It took me a long time to write it too. :D

You got to make it short and sweet or most of us don't read it ;)

RedEyE
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm not nearly as worried as most. I don't think this team has clicked yet this season, and still they managed a win, a close half with Tampa, and a close game with Atlanta.

Does the passing game need to get better? Absolutely. The problem isn't a lack of talent where Losman is concerned, the problem is him needing to find that swagger he had right before the draft. I want that cocky kid on the field cramming it down the throats of each and every defense he faces. I want that kid that stops thinking about handling a situation and instead just gets it done.

I do think it's coming. He's working very hard and just needs to stop thinking and start reacting. Put the pieces together and let them work their magic. I know that 3 passing first downs in 2 games is rather dissapointing, but let's look on the bright side. Losman does have time to find himself, and he's now doing that against NFC teams. We beat the Texans (AFC) and lost to 2 NFC teams. New Orleans is this week. I'm all for Losman shaking his youth off against teams that don't have any direct effect in a playoff berth tie-breaker. Granted the win/loss column is the only true stat that anyone really cares about, but how many of you really expected Losman to be the one to drag this team into the playoffs this year? I sure as hell didn't. 8-8 or 7-9 is more realistic. Losman will prove his worth later in the season and continue to be effective next season.

The OL is actually doing a better job than I previously anticipated. McGahee has been getting holes, and if Losman would just throw the ball first and think about it later, I think the rest of you might agree. Seriously, for a line that really hasn't had much previous experience, they're keeping it together for the most part.

The most dissapointing part of this team is the run defense. Of course, being that the offense isn't controlling the clock all that well, the defense is breaking down late each half. So, I really doubt that Pat Williams made that much of a difference.

ShadowHawk7
09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Great post. :posrep: And agreed, the run defense has been very disappointing so far.