X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Starting Holcomb vs. JP

Holcomb- Has the experience of throwing for over 400+ yds in the playoffs. He will make our passing O better. Right now, having a great wr line-up means nothing without a qb. Problem is, we don't have the OL that can protect him.

JP- If we start him, look for an 8-8 season but it will speed up his learning process.

Our wr's are wasting away. Our D's age will be old by the time JP matures. OUr D , ST and running game is what kept us in the game. OUr passing game is what lost it for us. Since I want to win now and not wait for JP to mature, I say start Holcomb and salvage our season. We're still in it.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: Starting Holcomb vs. JP

Holcomb will not lead us to the playoffs. Stick with the plan

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Our passing game didn't give up 200+ yards rushing and leave Jenkins wide open for a TD. The defense lost this game just as much as JP did.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I'm betting Mularkey is willing to give Losman a few more games to get his act together or hit the bench. Mularkey as he stated, said he wouldn't give up the season for "learning experience". You all saw that when he benched losman for a series against the bucs. Losman is on a short leash. Losman needs to bring that attitude he had before he got drafted, when he said "I'm as good or better than manning, roethlisberger and rivers". That's not an exact quote, but you get the picture. Losman needs to step it up and back it up.

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
          Our passing game didn't give up 200+ yards rushing and leave Jenkins wide open for a TD. The defense lost this game just as much as JP did.
          our D did not play well enough, but we ran the ball well on O and got in the red zone 4 times.

we got a turn over deep in enemy territory and a turnover on speacial teams. our RB was tearing it up, and we still couldn't pass for 100 yards. that is terrible. our pass blocking is bad, but if a qb can't get more than 5 yards an attempt and more than 50% accuracy against a wounded bad secondary he isn't good.

JP isn't good, not now. we have a guy who can pass, and we need to play him.

Comment

• Fairway
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin

JP isn't good, not now. we have a guy who can pass, and we need to play him.

colin, what are you basing this statement on? One good playoff game from Holcomb? He is not the answer. There is a reason no team went after him to start when he was a FA.

Comment

• jonah7777
              • Aug 2005

first MM does not have final say over who starts-- bet on it.
              he can whine all he wants TD makes the final decision and I feel safe in saying unless there is a injury you will never see holcomb start here.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                • Apr 2004

IMO if we lose next week Mularkey pulls the plug.
                finsrclowns

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

don't get me wrong, I still think JP will eventually become a good qb. He's struggling as expected but I want to win now.I don't want to throw away a season for the sake of one guy. Having a rookie starter is not an excuse for TD. If we don't make playoffs I'm calling for TD's head. The bengals are better than we are. Are we gonna wait til they beat us to a sb?
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

You advocate starting Holcomb even though you made this statement?
                    Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Holcomb- Has the experience of throwing for over 400+ yds in the playoffs. He will make our passing O better. Right now, having a great wr line-up means nothing without a qb. Problem is, we don't have the OL that can protect him.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chubluv
                      BillsZone bowling team MVP
                      • Jan 2003

Holcomb will not be a starter here! JP is our man until otherwise stated by MM &TD. After all we gave up to get DRew & let go of Drew & Trade up for JP they are not just gonna go dump him after 3 games. He needs his time in there to grow. Its not fair to compare him to Big Ben because pittsburg has a better overall team around him. I would compare JP's learning time to that of Eli Manning. Last year Eli sucked at first but the Giants stuck with him and let him get better as he went. We have to do the same with JP.

It would help if the play calling was a little better. Tom Clements should scrap The WR screen. Nobody is fooled by it. He could also throw a RB screen pass in there, & maybe lighten the playbook for now until JP & the rest of the offense are on the same page.

We are in 5th place
                      Clump is on the IR
                      Chubluv average is 167
                      Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                      Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        You advocate starting Holcomb even though you made this statement?
                        JP didn't have protection either. MY feeling is that when the pcoket holds at least Holcomb can ghit Moulds or Evans. Right now, they are not even part of the game.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chubluv
                          Holcomb will not be a starter here! JP is our man until otherwise stated by MM &TD. After all we gave up to get DRew & let go of Drew & Trade up for JP they are not just gonna go dump him after 3 games. He needs his time in there to grow. Its not fair to compare him to Big Ben because pittsburg has a better overall team around him. I would compare JP's learning time to that of Eli Manning. Last year Eli sucked at first but the Giants stuck with him and let him get better as he went. We have to do the same with JP.

It would help if the play calling was a little better. Tom Clements should scrap The WR screen. Nobody is fooled by it. He could also throw a RB screen pass in there, & maybe lighten the playbook for now until JP & the rest of the offense are on the same page.
                          I understand that, but like I said, Jp isn't doibng his part either when given the chance. I like JP. I believe he will be a very good qb but like Eli, he will struggle and it's showing/ Should we give the season up just so that he can develop? We have a good team right now that is competitive if we had a qb.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

If we don't "give up the season" now, when do we develop JP? Or are we gonna toss him away after 3 games and watch another team develop him and have him beat us in a year or two?
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• chubluv
                              BillsZone bowling team MVP
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              I understand that, but like I said, Jp isn't doibng his part either when given the chance. I like JP. I believe he will be a very good qb but like Eli, he will struggle and it's showing/ Should we give the season up just so that he can develop? We have a good team right now that is competitive if we had a qb.

We do have a QB. Its not all his fault. Its a team game. Only thing that looked half way decent today was our running game. Morman looked like crap again. The D was swiss cheese. Its a team game we could probably overcome JP's preformance if the other aspects of the game were working.

We are in 5th place
                              Clump is on the IR
                              Chubluv average is 167
                              Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                              Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X