PDA

View Full Version : nfl losing physical aspect?

JefftheBillsfan
09-25-2005, 03:51 PM
maybe its just me, but i think the nfl is going too far protecting their players these days. i'm not convinced that any of the 3 roughing the qb penalties in the game (1 against them, 2 against us) were legit.

i'm also not sure if i like this no touching past the 5 yards against recievers, granted it got us a first down once when there was contact with moulds.

like i said, maybe its just me, but i think the game is losing a major apect of the game with these tightly called penalties

honey
09-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I think sometimes that momentum has a lot to do with roughing the passer. How can you stop when you're going full steam and the guy gets rid of the ball right before you hit him? :idunno:

The_Philster
09-25-2005, 07:27 PM
It's not just you...Scott Green has no idea what he's doing out there...he should go back to being a back judge :down: He was putting dresses on the QBs

JefftheBillsfan
09-25-2005, 07:59 PM
im glad to hear i wasnt the only one that thought those penalties were weak. i guess i cant really complain, he called it equally both ways, it just affected us more.

The_Philster
09-25-2005, 08:17 PM
im glad to hear i wasnt the only one that thought those penalties were weak. i guess i cant really complain, he called it equally both ways, it just affected us more.believe me, section 122 was ready to strangle Green after those calls...one guy behind me was throwing stuff at him after the game

JefftheBillsfan
09-25-2005, 08:52 PM
i saw the same thing in the game on right now, eli released the ball just as he was about to get hit. 15 yards..

burress made a sick catch for a TD anyway, so it wasnt as significant, but still.
I hope this isnt becoming a trend.